Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Oinkness will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Oinkness Send a message via MSN to Oinkness Send a message via Yahoo to Oinkness
Linux version, help?

Hey, I am using Ubuntu. I downloaded the installer for the linux version but when I try to open it, nothing happens..... nothing at all.... Is there a different way I need to install this on Ubuntu?
Old 02-13-2009, 05:15 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkness View Post
Hey, I am using Ubuntu. I downloaded the installer for the linux version but when I try to open it, nothing happens..... nothing at all.... Is there a different way I need to install this on Ubuntu?
Oh I had this problem once...I think...I don't have Linux now but I think I fixed it by right-clicking it and running as an executable or something like that. Sorry I'm a newb with it but I know I did something like that.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
You could start it from a terminal and paste the error message?

Or you could just open the retarded installer script with a text editor and paste the actual compressed game files into a .tar.gz file and extract it manually.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Send a message via AIM to Oinkness Send a message via MSN to Oinkness Send a message via Yahoo to Oinkness
Ok, I went into the properties and set it to "enable this program to execute" or something along those lines like Crimson said.... then it opened a terminal (like Loriel said!) and began to install a package auto-updater or something along those lines.

The following package was successfully installed:
* Autopackage Software Installer (GTK+)

The following menu entry is now available:
* Manage 3rd party software (System)

This installation used 761.6 KiB (779.8 kB) of disk space.

Aaand... Wow, then the terminal closed out, opened up the Graal installer, and it seems to have actually installed the Graal client successfully, and pretty quick too I might add... The graphics are completely screwed up on it though. It opened the window for logging in, but there's a rainbow of colors everywhere, the interface graphics are like tiled all over the place, I can see the smoke from the smoky creature puffing out but it is complete chaos... So what's the deal here? It's installed but not actually useable yet?

Edit: I was able to get online but it is still incredibly screwed up as far as graphics, and even chat text, goes... I dunno what's wrong. (second screen shot)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	131
Size:	665.4 KB
ID:	47400   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1234566092.png
Views:	126
Size:	598.1 KB
ID:	47401  

Last edited by Oinkness; 02-14-2009 at 12:34 AM..
Old 02-14-2009, 02:53 AM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
That's odd. Maybe update graphics drivers? D: I dunno. I installed Ubuntu linux on my PS3 and I tried to install graal and it tells me that the packaging software used isn't supported with my processors.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:07 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
That's odd. Maybe update graphics drivers? D: I dunno. I installed Ubuntu linux on my PS3 and I tried to install graal and it tells me that the packaging software used isn't supported with my processors.
Oh, I might have an idea how you could get graal working on the PS3 with Ubuntu.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:59 AM
That's fine and dandy, but if anyone can figure out how to get it to work on a computer, that would be better.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:51 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkness View Post
That's fine and dandy, but if anyone can figure out how to get it to work on a computer, that would be better.
I don't know why it's not working because I'm using Graal on Ubuntu without any problems.

Last edited by cyan3; 08-10-2009 at 02:00 AM..
Old 02-18-2009, 03:07 AM
Was there a certain way you installed it? I might try reinstall