Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
I think its a good idea to punish those who abuse the gang system. There is no reason to make unnecessary ranks. It shows lack of care and organization within the gang. Imagine if i set trial pr's to "YOU SUCK" or "NEWB." It wouldn't look good. It is about time someone steps up and fixes this issue. We are all just use the old way, and so the abusers need some time getting use to it. But im sure the people that had the ranks as **** and such are happy that this is being enforced. (yes someone had that rank)
Old 10-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
I was named "AC130" in BH one time i was in there, is that a good thing?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
I think they were calling you fat.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Stay Frosty
Damnt, i thought it was cool like i had heavy firepower cause at the time i owned a osiris minigun. :o
Old 10-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
1. I think its a good idea to punish those who abuse the gang system. There is no reason to make unnecessary ranks. It shows lack of care and organization within the gang.

2. Imagine if i set trial pr's to "YOU SUCK" or "NEWB." It wouldn't look good.

3. It is about time someone steps up and fixes this issue. We are all just use the old way, and so the abusers need some time getting use to it.

4. But im sure the people that had the ranks as **** and such are happy that this is being enforced. (yes someone had that rank)
1. What is there to abuse? We set a legitimate rank conforming to the gang theme and Akeon warped to Zeross multiple times, de-nicking him and removing his gang rights (mid-raid). Then did the same to me when I fixed his rank, he obviously has nothing else to do.. yet they have two players running the job.

2. Your comparison has no validity to it, doing so would be a violation of Playerworld Staff Rules, so it isn't allowed. How is that anything similar to giving a specialty player a legitimate rank?

3. This being the first time the issue has ever been a issue in what... 7 years? I don't see your point. (and lol @ abusers)

4. And that's why there's a /leavegang command? And a option to auto-deny gang invitations? If someone had that rank they obviously deserved it as some sort of punishment, and didn't mind or even enjoyed it because they didn't leave the gang afterwords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
What?

Was AC130 your nickname? or rank? and you were in where? good?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Mr. Steal Yo Girl
Gambet1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
agreed ^
Old 10-05-2010, 09:42 PM
The Wonder Cat
PepperTheCat is on a distinguished road
Please tell me Akeon is just there for show and isn't actually in charge of anything...
Old 10-05-2010, 09:51 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTheCat View Post
Please tell me Akeon is just there for show and isn't actually in charge of anything...
Akeon is just there for show and isn't actually in charge of anything.

I remember back then when you could get a complete family dinner for only a quarter on Era, sure was good times I tell you what.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Giving someone an inappropriate rank is one thing, but you shouldn't be punishing leaders for giving custom or silly ranks to friends -- they're just having fun. Stop worrying about stupid **** like this, and remember that this is a game you are running.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
giving someone an inappropriate rank is one thing, but you shouldn't be punishing leaders for giving custom or silly ranks to friends -- they're just having fun. Stop worrying about stupid **** like this, and remember that this is a game you are running.

qft

+1 rep
Old 10-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Wasn't there just a thread about gangs being dead and stuff?

This thread answers it.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Stay Frosty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post

What?

Was AC130 your nickname? or rank? and you were in where? good?
It was my rank, i was in black holst...

Actually there were two people named AC130, me and someone else
Old 10-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
1. What is there to abuse? We set a legitimate rank conforming to the gang theme and Akeon warped to Zeross multiple times, de-nicking him and removing his gang rights (mid-raid). Then did the same to me when I fixed his rank, he obviously has nothing else to do.. yet they have two players running the job.

2. Your comparison has no validity to it, doing so would be a violation of Playerworld Staff Rules, so it isn't allowed. How is that anything similar to giving a specialty player a legitimate rank?

3. This being the first time the issue has ever been a issue in what... 7 years? I don't see your point. (and lol @ abusers)

4. And that's why there's a /leavegang command? And a option to auto-deny gang invitations? If someone had that rank they obviously deserved it as some sort of punishment, and didn't mind or even enjoyed it because they didn't leave the gang afterwords.
1. Obviously you were doing something wrong. What was the rank you were setting his rank too? And is that rank part of the positions the gang is suppose to have?

2. It has validty as setting inappropriate ranks is against Era Rules now...

3. This has been an issue numerous times, what are you talking about? I get pms quit frequently of people complaining about their tag. And gangs suppose to be in theme. Tell what real gang has the position "***"? None. Each gang is suppose to have a theme and is suppose to follow it somewhat.

4. I am not just talking about gangs, but also businesses. You shouldn't have to quit a gang if a recruiter is abusing the gang system. Simply remove the recruiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Giving someone an inappropriate rank is one thing, but you shouldn't be punishing leaders for giving custom or silly ranks to friends -- they're just having fun. Stop worrying about stupid **** like this, and remember that this is a game you are running.
And gang recruiters/bosses need to remember that they aren't the only one playing the game. All Akeon wants is for gangs to keep a solid structure.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
1. Obviously you were doing something wrong. What was the rank you were setting his rank too?

3. This has been an issue numerous times, what are you talking about? I get pms quit frequently of people complaining about their tag. And gangs suppose to be in theme. Tell what real gang has the position "***"? None. Each gang is suppose to have a theme and is suppose to follow it somewhat.

4. I am not just talking about gangs, but also businesses. You shouldn't have to quit a gang if a recruiter is abusing the gang system. Simply remove the recruiter.
1. Special Agent/Operative, a legitimate rank of real Scotland Yard... when they had Commander (a non-relevant rank) in the roster. And Akeon went off his rocker; PMing us, warping to us, de-nicking, setting ranks, and removing our rights.

2. Someone needs to update the rules, I don't see it.

3. Then there needs to be new leaders if players get ranks set to such ridiculous things, maturity level -1. Also, none of the gangs follow their themes, and I sat here listing dozens of themes with full outlines to Akeon yesterday and he kept saying No. Then when I asked what ideas he had he said "none".

4. If the recruiter was abusing the system they would just remove the player. And if you would rather remove a recruiter over a player earning himself retarded ranks, then it's a wonder why you aren't also a GBA.

Quote:
And gang recruiters/bosses need to remember that they aren't the only one playing the game. All Akeon wants is for gangs to keep a solid structure.
Because it's SUCH A HUGE PROBLEM if they give a friend a cool rank, or a idiot a funny rank. That's almost as bad as Akeon saying gang names/themes are just as important as the players running the gang.

And why are you always the one forum fighting on behalf of the Era Staff team? You obviously don't even know Akeon.

Last edited by Supaman771; 10-05-2010 at 11:05 PM..
Old 10-05-2010, 10:50 PM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
1. Obviously you were doing something wrong. What was the rank you were setting his rank too? And is that rank part of the positions the gang is suppose to have?

Having some custom ranks or just ****ing around a bit shouldn't be against Era rules. If you're going to force gangs to follow a theme or remove them from the gang, I guess you better announce that this is now an RP server, and you better start jailing people that are OOC outside of the unstick me level.

If a recruiter is "abusing" his rights, then I'm sure the gang leader would intervene if he was against it. If he wasn't against it and the player quits, good. He's obviously not going to fit in there. He can find another (the other?) gang.