Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 02:36 AM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
Biker Gang? & Others.

Who thinks that would be a cool idea for Era?
I remember in one point in time Era was in the making of the motorcycle vehicle, but was never released or finished.

A Biker Gang seems like something Era could do that is new, and be a cool addition for the server.

I know SY is a Roleplaying gang, everyone liked it so much why don't we make more ?

BH and BB are good, but what is there purpose really ? Or story for that matter.

Gangs could be a huge part of the game, or could just be another group of people that PK non-stop.

Which is also why I'd like to see 1 or more Mafia[s] coming back / being added.
They would be an also nice part in Era, family's going against rival family's.

Just throwing more ideas.
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 08-27-2010, 02:45 AM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
I don't like any of the gangs, to be honest. There isn't enough activity with them...if they made more purposes for these gangs, maybe they would be worth having.

Well, just make motorcycles, but I don't know about a motorcycle gang, or just add motorcycles reserved for each gangs. I don't know, to be honest, with some tweeks it could be good, though.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:54 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Personally just make motorcycles, No reservations or special requirement. Make them more expensive along with different models.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:55 AM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
I
Well, just make motorcycles, but I don't know about a motorcycle gang, or just add motorcycles reserved for each gangs.
Then what would be the point ? ... what would SY BH and BB do with motorcycles ? just drive them around... ?

But you are right, Gangs should serve multiple purposes for the game, Gangs could definitely squeeze there way into helping the economy, maybe by adding a very nice money making factor ?

Rob NPC stores?
Turf pay ? [more turf u have the more $$$ ?]
Maybe a money bonus could come with the 5 ECs the top gang wins ?
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 08-27-2010, 02:56 AM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Personally just make motorcycles, No reservations or special requirement. Make them more expensive along with different models.
Well, with the release of a biker gang, there would be the gift of a new vehicle.

but the biker gang's motorcycles would be like a Hog, and the street motorcycles would be more sleek.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:03 AM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Motorcycles were released a looong time ago.

They were completely ****ing pointless, too. Also completely over-sized.

What exactly would a biker's gang add to Era? It's pretty stupid just throwing out an extremely vague idea then asking for feedback.

Would they have a gang gun or would their bike be the novelty? If they had a gang gun and a specialized gang vehicle, that'd be biased and overkill. If you let them shoot whilst on the motorcycle then every gang would need a vehicle + the ability to shoot from it to be fair. Which, honestly, sounds like a really stupid idea.

"could just be another group of people that PK non-stop" - That's what gangs have always been. Even the "RP" gangs have only the lightest of RP elements. Imagine the typical Era player. Now imagine him trying to RP. Laughing yet?

Before you just vomit a stream of random ideas and thoughts in your head all over these forums, how about you refine and expand upon the ideas. If you think a biker gang would be so great, make a short outline covering their purpose and what they'd actually bring to the server. Then you can ask for feedback.

But as for now, these hey-guys-this-new-gang-idea-i-had-they-wear-green-shirts-but they-have-a-backwards-bandana-cap-good-idea-y/n shenanigans grow tiresome?
Old 08-27-2010, 03:06 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Can I have a moped?
Old 08-27-2010, 03:07 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Can I have a moped?
Moped, crotchrockets, harleys. All of them man. Any of them. Just throw in scooters along with it like with the skateboard salesman

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimsonSky View Post
Then what would be the point ? ... what would SY BH and BB do with motorcycles ? just drive them around... ?

Quote:
Well, with the release of a biker gang, there would be the gift of a new vehicle.

Yeah man, what would the point be?! Just driving those motorcycles around? Dumb *****es. Biker Gang opens lemonade stands on top of them. Don't ride that ****, knock a few cold ones back and make some money off that ****.

But the gift of the new vehicle would be wonderful. For the players. Even if they just rode around on them. ****ing pointless scrubs.

Seriously Krim - You're terrible at this. Why don't you leave the creative elements to someone who's actually creative and/or can actually think coherently.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:26 AM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
@MontyPython chill the **** out bro. you are seriously flipping out over this idea? grow up man.

you also did a good job of twisting my idea around, when did I say you could shoot from the bike ?
And so you're gonna cry about it if a Gang just gets a different looking motorcycle then everyone else ? really ?
Old 08-27-2010, 03:44 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
nah

edit: The problem with "RP Gangs" is that you're counting on everyone else to play along -- never gonna happen. Era needs to keep **** simple.

Last edited by salesman; 08-27-2010 at 03:48 AM.. Reason: okay
Old 08-27-2010, 03:48 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
I personally don't think a motorcycle gang would fit, it would be the same as any other gang, just with free motorcycles, lame?

I personally had a visionary gang idea awhile ago and threw it together here. I think this could be a totally different dimension of a gang and have a real theme and purpose rather than reviving the old gangs. (might not fit in, but hey, they had a Ninja gang for god sakes...) Thoughts?

*steals Krims thread rawr
Old 08-27-2010, 03:50 AM
Quote:
@MontyPython chill the **** out bro. you are seriously flipping out over this idea? grow up man.

you also did a good job of twisting my idea around, when did I say you could shoot from the bike ?
And so you're gonna cry about it if a Gang just gets a different looking motorcycle then everyone else ? really ?
Whoosh.

Okay, looks like I'm going to have to hold your hand through this (this is the last time I'll do this). First of all, that paragraph where I was discussing if you could shoot on the motorcycle was a paragraph designed to make you flesh the idea out. Note the questions I was asking.

All you need to take away from it was this: Adding a motorcycle accomplishes nothing. A useless vehicle. You need something more than that to justify the creation of a brand new gang.

Now, a better suggestion from Fulgore:
Quote:
Still pointless, but it's a money sink. It's the best idea you'll get that involves motorcycles. Here's your rebuttal:

Quote:
Exactly. That's the point. What's the biker gang going to do with motorcycles? Just drive them around? Perfectly exposes the gaping holes in your "idea". Pity it had to be yourself that exposed them. Okay, moving on. Apparently you're having an argument with yourself, because here's a rebuttal to your last rebuttal:

Quote:

but the biker gang's motorcycles would be like a Hog, and the street motorcycles would be more sleek.
Okay, at this point you can pretty much just keep looping that last quote with this one. This gang gets a special vanity version of a public vehicle. This justifies their existence, adds nothing to the true gameplay of era, and makes the server a spicy sandwich of variety. Think instruments! Pity we didn't make a gang of roaming barbarian flute players to herald their release.

Recurring themes:
°Ideas are better when they're well thought out and presented in a clear, concise form.
°What's the ****ing point?
°A motorcycle (or vehicle for that matter) alone is not enough to justify reason for gangs. If that is justification, then the current gangs are justified by the various hats they offer the server.

Is that clear enough for you, smart guy?

Head back to the drawing boards. Chalk this one up as a defeat. The fact that you contradict yourself in your own post should be ample reason for you to realize you need to think your ideas out more.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:56 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light

yeee

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 08-27-2010, 05:39 AM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
In my opinion I always thought modern servers should have a car washing business that is player-owned. And after a while of driving your car, it became dirty, eventually it became too dirty, so you couldn't drive it and the engine got ruined. In order to drive again you needed to have it cleaned by the Washer Business if you were in the business, or they had to come to you to clean your car Or NPC owned? :P