Old 07-18-2010, 02:05 AM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
in-game gelat store
This.

I don't understand why we can't go back to purchasing a lifetime classic account and leave Gelats to the whole creating your own server & in-game function's.

Graal would probably have a more people purchasing from them that way.

and you really can't go wrong with this idea...

Step1
2400 Gelats = Makes an account lifetime Classic
aka $24 USD

Step2
Purchase additional Gelats for in-game goods..

[i.e 100 Gelats = $1,000* in-server money]
*depends on how the server runs it's currency

And I guarantee with those 2 steps, more players will come, and even players who have been playing for years will have opportunity to spend cash for reasons on Graal.

you're welcome Stefan.
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 07-18-2010, 09:18 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
If new players can't have an enjoyable Trial experience they're not going to magically buy a lifetime classic subscription, therein lies the actual problem as said in an other thread first impressions are everything and every server is falling short to some extent.

If we fix that, and make it funner for trials then we can start seeing a higher global playercount.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
If new players can't have an enjoyable Trial experience they're not going to magically buy a lifetime classic subscription, therein lies the actual problem as said in an other thread first impressions are everything and every server is falling short to some extent.

If we fix that, and make it funner for trials then we can start seeing a higher global playercount.
You're 100% correct. But overall you can't expect a fun experience if your play is interrupted by ridiculous limitations.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Wondering..
emoman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to emoman Send a message via MSN to emoman
lifetime classic was a deal, completely perfect and it makes me regret losing my first account with classic.

WoW charges 15 bucks a month for so much content and features. Graal isn't even really so much a game as it is a big interactive chatroom and to pay what I do right now for gold is ridiculous.

So many people agree that global gelats is one of the biggest reasons graal is dying.

Quote:

Why don't we just do what most pay-to-play MMOs do ? set them up with a 5-7 days of gold with no restrictions, actually give meaning to the word trial
Old 07-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoman View Post
Why don't we just do what most pay-to-play MMOs do ? set them up with a 5-7 days of gold with no restrictions, actually give meaning to the word trial
Because if we don't limit them properly, then they'll have fun

Old 07-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Wondering..
emoman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to emoman Send a message via MSN to emoman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Because if we don't limit them properly, then they'll have fun
Well I'm sure it can be done and if done right I think it would work.

Although I could be wrong, the player count might spike for a short period of time and then poop out when they come to find out it's fun for 1 week then realize the lack of content ;__;

Now that I think about it, why WOULD you pay for Graal anymore ?
Old 07-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
If the prices were lowered down a bit... Ya ya I know they wont make money and all that **** I've read a lot of the debates but there has to be squeezing room for it.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:09 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoman View Post
lifetime classic was a deal, completely perfect and it makes me regret losing my first account with classic.
Ditto.

I just think it's time for Graal to start thinking of its players, specially the ones that have been here for awhile.

I'm not saying they haven't been doing good, but they should come up with some new options for accounts.

Because it sucks to know that I can't enjoy the Graal I have been playing for years, because I have to settle with Trial mode...
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 07-18-2010, 08:48 PM
smooth as eggs
racycle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to racycle
A friend and I joined graal way back when , when trials only fail was that u lost ur content when u loged off. we both didnt let that bother us , hell i played un for 24hours stright becouse it was fun and i knew i would restart every time i loged off. I enjoied graal enought to buy a classic account , the deal for it couldnt have been better in my eyes.

Now with the new trial system when im not on my classic account, i log on deal with the starting waiting time and play till obs kicks in , after that i dont care enought to keep playing on it. It greatly sucks playign with the fear of random obs mode. You cant play events as often as u like , and when ur actuly doign good i nthem you get bit in the a%^ by obs.

From watching graal slowly fall over the years its clear that the old ways were better. Why mess up something that was already perfict? Sure you dont get money as fast the old way. but if u judge the income then and now, I think that more players buying classic accounts is better thin this system will ever be. The payments now are higher and u need to pay more often. but there is LESS people doing it.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:03 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The old ways were far from perfect, and definitely shouldn't come back. In this day and age on Graal there is no point to screw over trials anymore then you have to.

The content made by players should be free and observe-mode-less to everyone (on Era and Zodiac it mostly is), although it doesn't hurt to throw some effort in providing enjoyable micro-transactions. Currently, Zone is a perfect example of how NOT to do it.

Should also remember that it's not our job to make Graal money.

Last edited by fowlplay4; 07-18-2010 at 09:16 PM..
Old 07-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Should also remember that it's not our job to make Graal money.
But that's how they want it to be.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
If the prices were lowered down a bit... Ya ya I know they wont make money and all that **** I've read a lot of the debates but there has to be squeezing room for it.
Well you need to think about it the right way. Theres a point where, if you lower the prices enough, you'll sell more. If you balance this out correctly, your income can actually increase because you lowered the prices. It's a supply and demand thing IIRC.

Example. Lets say the shortest gold subscription costs $30. And we have 235 players who regularly purchase this. Thats good and all, but if lowering the price to $25, attracts even 75 more players, the amount youre making shoots up from $7050 to $7750. If you manage to attract 100 more players (plenty of iphone users to advertise to) then you'll be making $1325 more than you were originally making. However, one of the problems to lowering the price even further lies in the fact that so many people probably dont even know what graalonline is. And therefore, you dont have enough interested consumers-to-be beyond the iphone classic players to bring in enough money.

tl:dr: 3000 players paying $5 is more profit than 400 players paying $30. But lack of the knowledge of graalonline's existence makes attracting that many players a more difficult task.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:07 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
But lack of the knowledge of graalonline's existence makes attracting that many players a more difficult task.
Exactly...
I know if Graal was free for a short amount of time, there would be hell'a lot people coming to play, I introduced Graal to a crap load of friends and the only thing that turned them away was cost of playing this game.. which in my eyes shouldn't even be that much... Graal should not have subscriptions.. its not even that good, like someone said; graal is basically just a chat room.

You shouldn't have to spend money on a game where players are administrators, because if you piss that kid off, he/she has the tools to punish you and with that your money goes to waste.

Graal needs to get rid of Trial mode or bring back lifetime Classic because its definitely not going to progress with the way it has been going,specially with it's downfall.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
Well you need to think about it the right way. Theres a point where, if you lower the prices enough, you'll sell more. If you balance this out correctly, your income can actually increase because you lowered the prices. It's a supply and demand thing IIRC.

Example. Lets say the shortest gold subscription costs $30. And we have 235 players who regularly purchase this. Thats good and all, but if lowering the price to $25, attracts even 75 more players, the amount youre making shoots up from $7050 to $7750. If you manage to attract 100 more players (plenty of iphone users to advertise to) then you'll be making $1325 more than you were originally making. However, one of the problems to lowering the price even further lies in the fact that so many people probably dont even know what graalonline is. And therefore, you dont have enough interested consumers-to-be beyond the iphone classic players to bring in enough money.

tl:dr: 3000 players paying $5 is more profit than 400 players paying $30. But lack of the knowledge of graalonline's existence makes attracting that many players a more difficult task.
That's some smart thinking, The point of my post was for something like this to happen for someone to say something about the problem, show some simple scenario example to open peoples eyes just a tad and allow for more intelligent discussion about this problem. Good work

Old 07-18-2010, 10:39 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Advertise on the iPhone server that anyone who upgrades can be an admin and we'll have 3000 more players overnight.