Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 02:13 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I wanna elaborate on this, what you say is correct but there's another side to it:

Sometimes two people will agree to a 1vs1 spar in the middle of arctic or something. It's been like this for years, I think before spars were even released. When two people agree to fight 1vs1, and then suddenly a friend of the other's jumps in knowing that it's 1vs1, that's teaming in the lame sense.
Ya, but do you think this new generation stop and spar? I highly doubt it. I walk in the warper and hope I don't get lamed the minute I spawn, walk outside my base a little and meet blinding photon bullets. (They blend in with iricia and with no noise it's pretty hard to tell when there's one coming.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noublipasa View Post
Ok you guys say we lame too much ? Maybe it is true. Im top 9 with photon it says it all XD.
But so oldies never used redrifle or bluerifle or photon?
Did they just play with apprices Lrpulsar and no lame weapon?
Rr has a realy short range, br is reduced damage but has a longer range. Photon is a combination of those two.. Though the damage is a bit much.
BR/RR aren't realy lame, though the freezing was kinda ***. I remember people calling EP lame, that's abot it.(Imo, EP used alot of energy, so not lame.)
Old 03-25-2009, 06:44 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Quote:
I wanna elaborate on this, what you say is correct but there's another side to it:

Sometimes two people will agree to a 1vs1 spar in the middle of arctic or something. It's been like this for years, I think before spars were even released. When two people agree to fight 1vs1, and then suddenly a friend of the other's jumps in knowing that it's 1vs1, that's teaming in the lame sense.
That was the case before but now, we have a spar room in which people may spar.

Quote:
Just mini I like you but I killed you on Era because you said eww its wehec.
Look I see it this way : I came towards you and your friend you said ewww wehec get back on zone. So I didn't like you to say that so I lamed you when you were digging your shells lol.
End of this conversation.
I'm quite sure you shot at my friend first, or at myself. Then I said ewww wehec get back on zone, since me and my friend were just peacefully digging for shells.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Wehec* Zone ET
noublipasa is on a distinguished road
Well I don't like the term lame. When I first started zone I was like ok what is the best rifle to use? Green rifle ? 20 damage but short range...
Photon ? 22 damage and a really good range so that was it for me I just picked photon because it was the best

Photon has more or less the same range as bluerifle no? So it isn't ¨lamer¨ it is just better as it does more damage.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 AM
hi
Quote:
Well I don't like the term lame. When I first started zone I was like ok what is the best rifle to use? Green rifle ? 20 damage but short range...
Photon ? 22 damage and a really good range so that was it for me I just picked photon because it was the best

Photon has more or less the same range as bluerifle no? So it isn't ¨lamer¨ it is just better as it does more damage.
Photon has a bit more range, not alot to realy notice but ya it's longer. It's a "lame" weapon compared to everything else. It use to do 24/26?I forget. It has the same rate of fire as a normal rifle (Which means freeze lame), long range, high damage, on top of all that it blends in with the most used planet.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:59 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
I agree, it has been a while since a major update. I'd like to see everything on that list in the other thread done and released all at once. Glitch fixes, Balanced Weapon System, Tsunami's idea and the local guilds.

And as for needing more ZPs... You all REALLY don't understand how hard it is to trust most players with rights. The majority of the players will screw around, even if they don't know it upon being hired.
Anyway, what Zone needs is Stefan to find a new method of banning players, as the current method is useless. We wouldn't have this hacker problem if Supernanny and I could effectively use our ban commands, I can assure you all of that. But when we make a ban the player comes back within minutes.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:29 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
I agree, it has been a while since a major update. I'd like to see everything on that list in the other thread done and released all at once. Glitch fixes, Balanced Weapon System, Tsunami's idea and the local guilds.

And as for needing more ZPs... You all REALLY don't understand how hard it is to trust most players with rights. The majority of the players will screw around, even if they don't know it upon being hired.
Anyway, what Zone needs is Stefan to find a new method of banning players, as the current method is useless. We wouldn't have this hacker problem if Supernanny and I could effectively use our ban commands, I can assure you all of that. But when we make a ban the player comes back within minutes.
Just to build on what Jesse said, a major update would be greatly appreciated! I'm sure there is something being created on Zone debug!

While I don't think we should guide this discussion to bans, Jesse and I have been banning hackers. There are difficulties presented in ban evasion (Which need not be discussed), but we are working strenuously to remove hackers as quickly as possible. Stefan and Dan have aided Jesse and myself in our work to remove the hackers and hopefully with some additional help this problem can be resolved.

I urge you if there are hackers to message any of the Zone Staff to bring the issue to their attention. You may also forum PM myself or Jesse, and if Jesse or myself are not adequately meeting your needs you may message Dan. Dan is often busy with development so may not be able to respond as quickly as Jesse or I in some instances.

If there are no staff online, and you have forum PMed the above, you may also create a support ticket at http://support.graalonline.com/.

Now to resume to the topic of the thread, I assure you the Zone staff are working hard to release flawless updates in the near future! The Zone staff appreciate your suggestions and some of the updates I am aware of are being created as a result of player suggestions. Your suggestions are what allow the Zone staff to further meet your needs.

We would rather take the necessary time to work out as many bugs and glitches as possible than to release a flawed product. We are currently working on finding some of the bugs and glitches, and you may message myself or Jesse about any glitches you may find. Jesse will also reward you for reporting glitches if Jesse is not already aware of the glitches.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:57 AM
SomeOne
A major update would be nice, though I'm sure only having one major developer will mean the process of creating scripts and then implicating them into the game, testing, then possibly rewriting the script would take much longer then on other servers, though Dan is doing a great job, I still believe another developer (specializing in scripting) would be a positive contribution to the staff team.

As for ZPs, I'm quite sure that we have global police (TSAdmin) who is usually on at times when SN, Jkool and Dan aren't, I believe he has rights on Zone as well correct?
You can always find him on login screen and report it to him or just simply record the hacker, show account name and the time and date.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Nobody can beat us.
RevolutionJS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RevolutionJS
SN, what are the rewerds for telling glitches?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:34 AM
SomeOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionJS View Post
Some bombs
Only if you tell them a glitch which hasn't already been stated.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:32 AM
RealDDc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutionJS View Post
A pat on the back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
Some bombs
Only if you tell them a glitch which hasn't already been stated.
Dun worry about it, he'll find new unexploited glitches, if the reward is worth it.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:51 AM
SomeOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis1410 View Post
A pat on the back.

Dun worry about it, he'll find new unexploited glitches, if the reward is worth it.
LOL I posted like 20 glitches, even then I didn't even get a reward, I sent them like 2hours after he made the thread, I doubt all the glitches I wrote down were already exposed.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:01 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
Ya, but do you think this new generation stop and spar? I highly doubt it. I walk in the warper and hope I don't get lamed the minute I spawn, walk outside my base a little and meet blinding photon bullets. (They blend in with iricia and with no noise it's pretty hard to tell when there's one coming.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
That was the case before but now, we have a spar room in which people may spar.
That's not my point, my point is that if two people are trying to spar in the middle of the map for whatever reason and someone jumps in to gank the other, then it's called "teaming". Otherwise it's non-lame legit teamwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noublipasa
But so oldies never used redrifle or bluerifle or photon?
Did they just play with apprices Lrpulsar and no lame weapon?
Actually, yes. We mostly played with appirces and sometimes lrpulsar. Bluerifle and later on redrifle were not overpowered and photon wasn't even released in the "old days". Nowadays I play with the photon but it doesn't matter because the outcome of the kill would have been the same should I be using appirces.

The same can't be said about all the new-gen cash noobs with their imbalanced weapons.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:50 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Honsetly, if your going to do the GP part of your job, atleast stay up with the current hacks. The one I'm thinking of goes by global bans.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
And as for needing more GPs... You all REALLY don't understand how hard it is to trust most players with rights. The majority of the players will screw around, even if they don't know it upon being hired.
i KNOW that i wouldn't screw around with ban rights because i have had RC with ban rights on several server and yet i only banned 2 for hacking.
The majority of the players ON zone would probably screw around yes, but if you go to a playerworld with developers that got ban rights, u rarely end up banned for something like hacking from what i seen because they tell you to stop, if they don't, they d/c you, if you come back doing it again, THEN you will get banned. (this is how i would do)
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 03-26-2009, 10:52 PM
hi
Quote:
That's not my point, my point is that if two people are trying to spar in the middle of the map for whatever reason and someone jumps in to gank the other, then it's called "teaming". Otherwise it's non-lame legit teamwork
I'm pretty sure no one actually "spars" on iricia anymore. They just backstrafe and when they die harass you that you teamed or some other excuse. Like it realy matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
i KNOW that i wouldn't screw around with ban rights because i have had RC with ban rights on several server and yet i only banned 2 for hacking.
The majority of the players ON zone would probably screw around yes, but if you go to a playerworld with developers that got ban rights, u rarely end up banned for something like hacking from what i seen because they tell you to stop, if they don't, they d/c you, if you come back doing it again, THEN you will get banned. (this is how i would do)
Too bad hacking is supposed to be a automatic ban. Why should someone hack and get a second chance? Hacking has it's risk, they knew the risk. If you give them a second chance they'll just do it again later when you're not on to catch them.

Last edited by pooper200000; 03-27-2009 at 12:08 AM.. Reason: Removed flame.