Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
I win even with this piece of unfinished **** I made years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iwin.png
Views:	356
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	55482  
Old 08-26-2013, 04:29 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Nah I already won with my submission a few pages back
Old 08-26-2013, 04:33 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I can agree with that, asinus. You definitely understood the rules better than Crono or Wan.
But everyone failed at cliffing other than myself, with loosey-goosey styles which zig-zag all over the screen like an eight year old was playing with a ****ing etch-a-sketch or something. Tighten up your cliffing and add more geometrical tiers! You might think I'm wrong about this, but that is the way the tiles were invented to be used in Zelda III. Worry less about minor errors which can be fixed later, and concern yourself more about the context of the tiles, ways they are intended to be used yet rarely get implemented. Think I'm wrong? Take a look at the area surrounding Lake Hylia if you're a Graal level designer, and get ready to have your hater minds blown.

I have posted another shot of my entry just in case some people only read the last few pages and were looking at the other unfinished level I posted while waiting for Crono for over a year. This level owns Crono's level in many ways, but I would rather have critics try and figure out a way to rationalize that it does not. I worked on this level for about 1 hour.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	comp1.png
Views:	352
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	55483  

Last edited by Kamaeru; 08-26-2013 at 04:59 PM..
Old 08-26-2013, 05:35 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
This level owns Crono's level in many ways, but I would rather have critics try and figure out a way to rationalize that it does not.
You're a pretty funny guy. Learn to properly piece together a simple cliff curve then come back at me.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:25 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
All prayers belong to Kamaeru!

Amen.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I can agree with that, asinus. You definitely understood the rules better than Crono or Wan.
But everyone failed at cliffing other than myself, with loosey-goosey styles which zig-zag all over the screen like an eight year old was playing with a ****ing etch-a-sketch or something. Tighten up your cliffing and add more geometrical tiers! You might think I'm wrong about this, but that is the way the tiles were invented to be used in Zelda III. Worry less about minor errors which can be fixed later, and concern yourself more about the context of the tiles, ways they are intended to be used yet rarely get implemented. Think I'm wrong? Take a look at the area surrounding Lake Hylia if you're a Graal level designer, and get ready to have your hater minds blown.

I have posted another shot of my entry just in case some people only read the last few pages and were looking at the other unfinished level I posted while waiting for Crono for over a year. This level owns Crono's level in many ways, but I would rather have critics try and figure out a way to rationalize that it does not. I worked on this level for about 1 hour.
crono is right, the cliffs here are bad.

Also, Where is Wan's predefined cliff's pack?

I just want to see if there is something I have overlooked in mine.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
crono is right, the cliffs here are bad.

Also, Where is Wan's predefined cliff's pack?

I just want to see if there is something I have overlooked in mine.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134264286

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-26-2013, 09:17 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
On the real though, I won because my level was complete and better. Your tile error was that you didn't finish your level because it was obnoxious. You can argue that your clean pretty zig zag expressive style of cliffing is better, and it might even make sense to you for some reason.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:39 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
On the real though, I won because my level was complete and better. Your tile error was that you didn't finish your level because it was obnoxious. You can argue that your clean pretty zig zag expressive style of cliffing is better, and it might even make sense to you for some reason.
Well I think my blank new#.nw levels I've created in the past would have won by far. No tile errors at all and were completed as they've been carrying out their job to debug stuff.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:19 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
I win because I say I win, deal with it
Old 08-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
I win because I say I win, deal with it

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:45 AM
G2k1
It's just rare that I get to enjoy myself on the internet like this anymore, that's all. I'm so stoked when my posts don't get deleted.

I still type 'forums.graal2001.com' to reach this every time, I still look at these forums as if they were the Graal2001 forums in the first place.
In a way, posting here makes me feel like it's 2001 yet I'm 24 years old instead of 11 or 12.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:20 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
It's just rare that I get to enjoy myself on the internet like this anymore, that's all. I'm so stoked when my posts don't get deleted.

I still type 'forums.graal2001.com' to reach this every time, I still look at these forums as if they were the Graal2001 forums in the first place.
In a way, posting here makes me feel like it's 2001 yet I'm 24 years old instead of 11 or 12.
dont get carried away by nostalgia, this is a fun-to-look-at war!

Old 08-10-2014, 04:31 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
have u finished yet crono???
Old 08-10-2014, 05:59 PM
G2k1
Seriously dude all you have to do is complete one half-assed level and you win.