Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 02:40 PM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
I guess that includes you :o
I don't mass, *******.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:02 PM
_Zelph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
There is no reason why a GP should jail people for something that is optional
I don't recall having an option to not a have half naked fat woman in a thong display in the message I opened.

There is no reason people should have to disable their masses because a select few individuals are unbearable. I'm certainly not going to miss out on ongoing discussions just because someone wants to see how far they can push an issue before they get warned, and then mass about how THEY'RE the victim. We have an ignore function and rules of conduct for that sort of thing.

Last edited by _Zelph; 07-27-2009 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 07-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
no, the people who don't want to read the mass messages or are offended by the topics in them should just turn off mass messages. there is no reason why a GP should jail people for something that is optional

and yes, GPs on UN have almost always sucked
So people should not use an option that they enjoy because some people cant stop themselves from sending inappropriate messages? I disagree.
I used to play UN some, but the way people talked to each other in masses, and the way they acted made me leave. I am glad that something is finally eing done.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 07-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zelph View Post
I don't recall having an option to not a have half naked fat woman in a thong display in the message I opened.

There is no reason people should have to disable their masses because a select few individuals are unbearable. I'm certainly not going to miss out on ongoing discussions just because someone wants to see how far they can push an issue before they get warned, and then mass about how THEY'RE the victim. We have an ignore function and rules of conduct for that sort of thing.
I could of sworn this is what your in-game forums were made for. Also I'm pretty sure I have never seen a UN discussion going on in a while. Usually its people poking fun at each other, massing their personal links (stickam, myspace, etc...), talking about themselves, or massing how finesse-lacking this server is. Feel free to put those people on ignore if they aren't being highly vulgar.

Regardless, deeming something unbearable or inappropriate is highly subjective. One would think 3 people poking fun at each other isn't a bad thing as long as the 3 don't find it highly bothersome, right? Not for the gp's.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)

Last edited by MysticX2X; 07-27-2009 at 05:28 PM..
Old 07-27-2009, 05:24 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
I think GP's are just acting very out of control nowadays. You cant have fun in mass messages anymore without a GP trying to ruin it because he wants to make everything nice and dandy like a mary poppins movie.
i totally agree, you can't even have fun insulting each other (in a friendly way of course) in mass. i'm totally not impressed with how the GPs are handling mass messages. it actually makes me want to leave UN- now i see why the playercount is declining.

Quote:
There is no reason people should have to disable their masses because a select few individuals are unbearable.
Quote:
We have an ignore function and rules of conduct for that sort of thing.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
I don't know how it is on UN anymore, but when i use to play there the mass messages were fun to read every now and then but after a while it would be annoying. All the blue bubbles would block the PM bubbles so i would never notice PM's. In addition it's annoying when your trying to find out if someone is selling something through Mass messages and you have to read all the garbage ones to find the right mass message. And sure Mass Messages could be turned off, but what if you don't want to miss mass messages from say guild leaders or businesses or people selling items. Maybe UN could get a chat room and thats where all the spammers can go and enjoy it?
Old 07-27-2009, 05:56 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Maybe UN could get a chat room and thats where all the spammers can go and enjoy it?
without moderation, please.

we could just go to the global chat, but i doubt people would come all the time.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:57 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris
Maybe UN could get a chat room and thats where all the spammers can go and enjoy it?
That's why they use stickam
Old 07-27-2009, 06:04 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Take the warning from Staff and don't try to play it off as you're the victim, instead of starting the fire (continuing with offending mass messages) that is your eventual jail or banning.

Also..

You could just put all staff on ignore and not send the masses to them.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Take the warning from Staff and don't try to play it off as you're the victim, instead of starting the fire (continuing with offending mass messages) that is your eventual jail or banning.

Also..

People feel like the victim because in times where you are jailed for poking fun at each other, nobody cares but the staff. It would only make sense if somebody felt offended. Most other games don't even have staff monitoring you 24/7. World of warcraft has a report feature if you feel like you're being harassed.

Also, I'm not sure. I thought putting staff on ignore was illegal but that isn't a bad idea considering my previous point.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 07-27-2009, 06:12 PM
a/s/l
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Also, I'm not sure. I thought putting staff was illegal but that isn't a bad idea considering my previous point.
i have Atari on ignore, i don't plan to remove her anytime soon either
Old 07-27-2009, 06:33 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
i have almost all staff on ignore because they mass message too damn much
Old 07-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
i have almost all staff on ignore because they mass message too damn much
This is the main reason players in general get upset when staff crack down on massing: because the staff are usually as-or-more guilty than the players who are commonly punished. Selective enforcement of rules also tends to be a problem.

Both are solvable, however.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:33 PM
molemen unite
RockPlant is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
i have Atari on ignore, i don't plan to remove her anytime soon either
me too liz me too
i dont care if other gps jail me i just dont like her
Old 07-27-2009, 07:35 PM
a/s/l
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPlant View Post
me too liz me too
i dont care if other gps jail me i just dont like her
YES! i agree 100%