Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-16-2008, 04:29 AM
Oinkness will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Oinkness Send a message via MSN to Oinkness Send a message via Yahoo to Oinkness
Newb Compatibility Issues?

Yes. When you first start out, you're placed on an island where the beach crabs murder you mercilessly and I couldn't seem to get the NPCs to want to talk to me, or give me the assignments. They just sort of said "Come back when you want to do an assignment."

I'm wondering if maybe I did something wrong, or if, indeed, there is some kind of newb compatibility issue?
Old 08-16-2008, 04:43 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
The starting quest is pretty bad, but there's a guide with videos you can use.

http://zrba.awardspace.com/graalcen/tutorialguide.php
Old 08-16-2008, 05:27 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkness View Post
Yes. When you first start out, you're placed on an island where the beach crabs murder you mercilessly and I couldn't seem to get the NPCs to want to talk to me, or give me the assignments. They just sort of said "Come back when you want to do an assignment."

I'm wondering if maybe I did something wrong, or if, indeed, there is some kind of newb compatibility issue?
Graal Kingdoms, unfortunately, isn't very compatible with newbs. I'm hoping the starting quests are improved considerably.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Drakeero will become famous soon enough
1: Remove starvation diseases. Replace it with a much smaller, periodic, health ding and the usual no regeneration of health or magic when completely out of food.

2: Make the starting quests optional. Then we can just laugh at the newbs who skip them and don't know how to do anything.

3: Make it so shellbomy2 only spawn on rare, scattered, hard to find tiles (or just along the beaches) rather then not-spawning on rare, scattered, hard to find tiles [like the ones in front of the produce shop in bomboria.] Good lord those shell bomies are bad. When I started out I was actually pretty good at getting through the quests and minding my food but those shell bomies were just outrageous.

4: Understand that there just IS no compatability for a 12 year-old with substandard test scores and there is a point where one needs to stop worrying. This is a precautionary statement to prevent the "over-fixing".
Old 08-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeero
1: Remove starvation diseases.
The starvation diseases are there for a reason. But slowing down the food consumption rate would be nice.
Quote:
2: Make the starting quests optional. Then we can just laugh at the newbs who skip them and don't know how to do anything.
Yeah, becacuse that's not even more off-putting.
Quote:
3: Make it so shellbomy2 only spawn on rare, scattered, hard to find tiles (or just along the beaches) rather then not-spawning on rare, scattered, hard to find tiles [like the ones in front of the produce shop in bomboria.] Good lord those shell bomies are bad. When I started out I was actually pretty good at getting through the quests and minding my food but those shell bomies were just outrageous.
It's called punch?
Old 08-17-2008, 03:31 AM
Oinkness will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Oinkness Send a message via MSN to Oinkness Send a message via Yahoo to Oinkness
I ended up restarting and then the quest system worked. :o

I was on the corn quest and no corn seemed to come up, but I dug up a shell bomy that killed me in 1 hit and I lost the platinum from my starter kit!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:52 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkness View Post
I ended up restarting and then the quest system worked. :o

I was on the corn quest and no corn seemed to come up, but I dug up a shell bomy that killed me in 1 hit and I lost the platinum from my starter kit!
Don't worry, platinum coins are pretty worthless (and easy to get).

EDIT: Of course, enough platinum coins are good, but the amount in the starter pack is minuscule.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
I logged on GK and now I'm stuck in a house (palmaloma_house1.nw) and I can't leave.

I was in the bed when I logged on, so that became my unstick me spot.
I tried to walk out the door and the loading failed repeatedly, I guess the outside levels that it links to don't exist anymore? After it fails a few times I get disconnected, log back on and have to sit through observer mode again.

/restart doesn't work for trials, it keeps prompting me to enter a new set of numbers, as if I got the numbers wrong the first time.

So I can't go anywhere or do anything
Old 08-17-2008, 05:02 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
I logged on GK and now I'm stuck in a house (palmaloma_house1.nw) and I can't leave.

I was in the bed when I logged on, so that became my unstick me spot.
I tried to walk out the door and the loading failed repeatedly, I guess the outside levels that it links to don't exist anymore? After it fails a few times I get disconnected, log back on and have to sit through observer mode again.

/restart doesn't work for trials, it keeps prompting me to enter a new set of numbers, as if I got the numbers wrong the first time.

So I can't go anywhere or do anything
Fixed /restart command and changed your position on GK.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”