Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2008, 05:50 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkness View Post
how exactly are you changing the levels? Did you scrap the old overworld to completely start on a new one or what?
We're definately not scrapping the old overworld, lol. I have a levels pack from mid 2001 provided by Stefan and that's what is being worked on. Obviously the levels are evolving to keep up with the times but in a simple and clean style, not these chaotic or random fillers that you might find on other worlds. The majority of the levels are being freshened up, but retaining the original layout and shape, so there's no drastic changes really.

An ex-member of staff wanted to use the VS:Conflict overworld while it was in limbo between Konidias disappearing and staff joining, but if the overworld was changed it to that extent, it wouldn't be a Graal2001 revivial
Old 08-20-2008, 12:40 AM
De Phet
XdNemesisXd is on a distinguished road
I want to play bomby island but im not STAFF on it and like I've heeard of it seems cool.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:38 AM
Oinkness will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Oinkness Send a message via MSN to Oinkness Send a message via Yahoo to Oinkness
Oh yes, it was once the definition of glory. If you looked up glory in the dictionary, it automatically connected your graal client to Graal2001. I'm sure it will be stellar when they finally release the new version.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:11 AM
farte6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinkness View Post
Oh yes, it was once the definition of glory. If you looked up glory in the dictionary, it automatically connected your graal client to Graal2001. I'm sure it will be stellar when they finally release the new version.
I was reading this post and I was thinking, "Why does this annoy me?"
Reason was the word "release" when was the last time I saw something released on graal that was of any importance to the player.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Oinkness will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Oinkness Send a message via MSN to Oinkness Send a message via Yahoo to Oinkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by farte6 View Post
I was reading this post and I was thinking, "Why does this annoy me?"
Reason was the word "release" when was the last time I saw something released on graal that was of any importance to the player.
Let me rephrase that then... I'm sure it will be stellar when they finally excrete the new version.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by farte6 View Post
Koni was my last hope on graal development.
Far from it. It was slightly obvious after Oasis that being sceptical about Koni's ability to create and make public a Graal project was a far position to take.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910 View Post
Far from it. It was slightly obvious after Oasis that being sceptical about Koni's ability to create and make public a Graal project was a far position to take.
Konidias did a lot of work for Graal2001, and Graal in general. It's pretty stupid to say this with him leaving Bomy Island nowhere near finished, but I don't think it's exactly fair to judge his ability to develop entirely on a few failed projects. I think we've all failed in a few projects, it's just Konidias' hurt more because they seemed to have the potential for being great ones, and they generally had a huge hype. I still believe that Konidias is a good developer, but sometimes the motivation is just killed and I think everyone can understand that.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
An ex-member of staff wanted to use the VS:Conflict overworld while it was in limbo between Konidias disappearing and staff joining, but if the overworld was changed it to that extent, it wouldn't be a Graal2001 revivial
What?!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
What?!
Yeah..
Old 08-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Master Tux
Quote:
Yeah..
That's insane! haha
Old 08-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Quote:
That's insane! haha
Well I partially don't blame him, you should ask Crono how troublesome the current is
Old 08-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Master Tux
Quote:
Well I partially don't blame him, you should ask Crono how troublesome the current is
What's up with it? :O!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Quote:
What's up with it? :O!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1219350257.png
Views:	216
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	45648   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1219350303.png
Views:	210
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	45649  
Old 08-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Konidias did a lot of work for Graal2001, and Graal in general. It's pretty stupid to say this with him leaving Bomy Island nowhere near finished, but I don't think it's exactly fair to judge his ability to develop entirely on a few failed projects. I think we've all failed in a few projects, it's just Konidias' hurt more because they seemed to have the potential for being great ones, and they generally had a huge hype. I still believe that Konidias is a good developer, but sometimes the motivation is just killed and I think everyone can understand that.
Oh, yes, the skills he has are great, and he is a good developer. But after Oasis I gave up hoping for anything. He unfortunately came across as being a little exclusive, perhaps because he knew few people could meet his standards - but then that limits the likelihood of success unfortunately.

Nice levels above btw :P
Old 08-22-2008, 01:52 AM
farte6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Where the hell did those come from? I redid quite a bit of cliffing for bomy island and Im kinda disappointed I never fixed that O_o.

But that can be fixed very easily...but it'll take a minute...definitely if Crono does it lol..slow poke.

Id say concentrate of the gameplay and worry about the levels 2nd.
If you ever make it to the classic list with the cliffs still looking like that ill fix it. if not done already.