FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 08:00 AM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
SY's gangun, the m_whachamacallit

Yeah, I don't like it..
It does like 30 dmg per hit + it stuns u with explosion so you cant move for about a second or 2, the by the time you can move it hit you like 2 or 3 times leaving 60 - 90 dmg ..

Vote for Nerf ?

I think so ! =(

VvVvVvV Vote Nerf or Stay VvVvVvV
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion

Last edited by KrimsonSky; 08-03-2010 at 08:13 AM..
Old 08-03-2010, 01:36 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
omg I had this exact complaint but I submitted it as a ticket :P

I agree! the stupid stun is imposible to fight in small rooms, they kill you before you can even shoot back -_-
Old 08-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Funny, I find it rather simple to fight, moreso in a small room.
It really is the poison to anyone who mostly relies on strafe, you might as well consider yourself dead.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 08-03-2010, 06:07 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
Actually.. why don't we just erase Scotland Yard, it has no purpose.. no base... what is a bunch of cops running around with rocket launchers anyways...
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 08-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
I like Scotland Yard, but they should go around with the classic weapons like Taurus.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I guess my only problem with the weapon is if you're in a bad position (such as on a couch that is like 1 tile off the wall) it is possible to be blasted behind the couch and effectively stuck on the wall/couch solid parts. But that's not really a problem of the weapon itself, I imagine. More a problem with the explosion and onwall() detection on the player allowing an inch without taking a mile.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 08-04-2010, 05:10 AM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
or when there is like 20 of them all around the elevator shooting that crap at you dont even have a chance to move

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 08-04-2010, 05:15 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb_P2P View Post
or when there is like 20 of them all around the elevator shooting that crap at you dont even have a chance to move
In a tight space like that, they'd end up killing each other (or themselves) if they fired them.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 08-04-2010, 05:36 AM
You all seem to forget once their explosion hits them, they can't move either.
So they need to be close enough to simultaneously hit you, yet far away enough to not hit themselves. So if you stay near, each time they shoot you, they freeze as well. When they can move, you can move. So it all comes down to who outmaneuvers who.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 08-04-2010, 05:41 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
scotland yard was brought back? really? I guess there really is no originality these days
Old 08-04-2010, 06:04 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
You all seem to forget once their explosion hits them, they can't move either.
So they need to be close enough to simultaneously hit you, yet far away enough to not hit themselves. So if you stay near, each time they shoot you, they freeze as well. When they can move, you can move. So it all comes down to who outmaneuvers who.
But at that point you would take 30 damage and they would only take 5 (They don't get a direct hit, only explosion damage). Would require some serious maneuvers, and for an average player they can't manage to do that. In all honesty, with this weapon, they have the ability to rapid fire into a small corridor (say a doorway or hallway) and if you are stuck by one of these rockets you would be unable to move and thus die before firing back and being unable to even exit the area due to the random knock back.

Some solutions to prevent this would be to make the gun fire so slow that you can regain maneuverability before being struck again (freaking slow dude). Or to make the insane knock back/frozen time from the explosion not so insane. Plus they can shoot the thing over walls and multiple of them can cause some serious lag to certain cpus with all the explosions. It needs some sort of drawbacks, like some of that push-back you see on PBP to throw off their aim would be cool.

Update: They can no longer suicide with it without losing points. Proness-, but still too pro for a free gun.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Hm, the fire rate issue is a valid one. Seeing as the source of simultaneous hits is the gun being able to fire so simultaneously.
I guess a higher sleeptime is in order.
Yet, that'd of course validate the gun for less freeze (If relative)

This would make the gun slower in-firing yet smoother in the sense that you can move with it better. This prevents the user from freezing players with rapid-fire but also increases the user's maneuverability.

Lame = Taken Away. Capability of weapon = Unchanged
Neither a buff nor nerf, but a lateral alteration
Old 08-04-2010, 05:38 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
I say if people are gonna make a issue about the weapon, but don't want to change anything drastically, then just nerf the damage because that craps unbearable.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
scotland yard was brought back? really? I guess there really is no originality these days
It's not Alec's Scotland Yard, it's a new "role-playing" version.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 08-04-2010, 06:00 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
On topic please :[, there gun.. we don't like it Z_z