Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2014, 04:16 AM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Double Q
Old 08-17-2014, 02:25 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
I feel like with this new 2 gangs system you're attempting to do, you have no goal or working script ideas to back it up, which will quickly cause it to die, also there is a 50/50 rate of getting 5+ ECs a week per gang member now, some people are just getting free ECs for nothing at all.

There are a lot of ideas I could propose, feel free to ingame PM me for them.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
There are a lot of ideas I could propose, feel free to ingame PM me for them.
I'd love to see them here; it would give us an open forum to discuss them and potentially improve upon them as a group.

Gangs definitely need some work. We were all really banking on Drafts being at least a temporary success so we could have some time to work on other systems. Gangs are the most important thing on Era, and they're so impossible to get right.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
What if... now hear me out... What if you could get guns from being in gangs for free, but they start out as pieces of ****, like uzi/ak status, and the more kills you get with that gun, the better it gets.
Like after getting 300 kills with it, it's MP5 status.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:03 PM
The_Federov's dad
Xloria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
What if... now hear me out... What if you could get guns from being in gangs for free, but they start out as pieces of ****, like uzi/ak status, and the more kills you get with that gun, the better it gets.
Like after getting 300 kills with it, it's MP5 status.
good idea, but 300 kills is a daily feet. I should be more on par with HP levels, thousands and thousands of kills to get anywhere good.

"The Beauty isn't in climbing the mountain, it's about the view once you're at the top."
Old 08-17-2014, 11:07 PM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
i like the idea of evolving guns. it would also be cool if people could slowly upgrade their low tier weapons until they are good as well. Like say i really liked the g36 aesthetically as well as how it performed, i could upgrade it over time until it was a tier 3 weapon of my own. However if I went to trade that weapon to someone that weapon is still just a plain g36 for them.

Could do it in a sense that you have your basic weapon, and then basic weapon+1, basic weapon+2 and so on.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xloria View Post
good idea, but 300 kills is a daily feet. I should be more on par with HP levels, thousands and thousands of kills to get anywhere good.
Well yeah, I kinda forgot to add the part about its stats resetting every week with points. That way, it's more tied into gangs XD
Old 08-18-2014, 12:01 AM
Banned
Imagine this;
1)

Make your own gang; (50K Fee, not sure who made it ridiculously 200k but thats just dumb)

Give Era Police, Police Department, whatever you want to call it to the elites, I'm talking Soul status players.

Create a system where there must be 4-5 players in the Police Department online for a robbery to commence, you save a robbery you get +100 Points (the 4-5 or however many get those 100 points spread across to them) if you succeed at robbing a business your gang gets 100 points.

Make this a thing that can happen 3 times a day, at any time. You could incorporate MVP coins into this also (YOU SAVED 10 ROBBERIES THIS WEEK, HERE IS AN MVP COIN)

Robbery commences, business now becomes a PK zone, 5 robbers (random gang created) must stay within the level for 10 minutes to successfully rob the business, the police have 10 minutes to kill them to succeed at stopping the robbery.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:07 AM
Imagine this;

1) A bunch of gangsters are sitting around waiting for 4 or 5 police officers to show up before they "rob" a place.

2) After successfully running into the business, doing apparently nothing but waiting for the cops to come in after them (I think that's just called trespassing), then slaying the cops, they proceed to leave the business without taking any cash.

3) Rinse and repeat 2 more times.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:12 AM
Banned
Quote:
Imagine this;

1) A bunch of gangsters are sitting around waiting for 4 or 5 police officers to show up before they "rob" a place.

2) After successfully running into the business, doing apparently nothing but waiting for the cops to come in after them (I think that's just called trespassing), then slaying the cops, they proceed to leave the business without taking any cash.

3) Rinse and repeat 2 more times.
I proposed the idea a while ago, a few people seemed to like it but let's be honest, nothing happens, the other idea was that you would steal items from the business, e.g (donuts, pizza, ammo, bombs) but yeah, no one does anything or wants to incorporate businesses and gangs together.

The next step for Era's gang system and business system is to definitely make them conjoined to do some sort of activity together, no one wants to make a tax system so consider this the tax of owning a business, at any time you could get robbed by gangs, you just have to hope the elites can stop them.

Also bringing PPA back could work with this, elites of the elites being able to raid with gangs that bought them, etc etc, theres so many possible things to make gangs thrive but no one does anything or asks anyone to do anything.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
I proposed the idea a while ago

[...]

theres so many possible things to make gangs thrive
If there are so many possibilities, why are you recycling ideas?

(I was also being extremely sarcastic in my last post, if that didn't come across.)
Old 08-18-2014, 01:35 AM
Banned
Quote:

(I was also being extremely sarcastic in my last post, if that didn't come across.)
Recycling ideas? We've never had a robbery system on Era, ever.

As for creating your own gang, that's a viable option for the robbery system as a side-job to keep gangs involved and interested, a lot more can be added on to that not just robberies.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:42 AM
The_Federov's dad
Xloria is on a distinguished road
I like the idea of the robbery simulation, but I still don't think you understand what a MVP is. Multiple MVP's shouldn't be given out for the same task. it's the MOST valuable player... I don't really get how hard that is to understand, maybe the person who has the MOST robbery's gets a coin at the end of the week, but again, if you let everybody into the cool kids club, then it's just like all of the other silly little clubs. Equal opportunity for all is fair; equal pay out for all is not.

"The Beauty isn't in climbing the mountain, it's about the view once you're at the top."
Old 08-18-2014, 07:29 PM
just go play GTA 5 and rob a store bruh
Old 08-18-2014, 07:30 PM
double post beacuse IDGAF

Quote:

hey i read the sarcasm there...if that even matters