Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 01:08 AM
Banned
Vinka has a spectacular aura aboutVinka has a spectacular aura about
Alright, the application has been rejected.

I was unaware Spark910's requirements were no longer valid and updated without notice, now having some playable content being an essential requirement.

Me and Ninja will do our best to get some of that in place in the upcoming days so we can re-apply.

One of the things I wanted to get out of being on the Hosted list is the exposure to potential helping developers. At this point we are in great need of a Gani artist. Mainly for the weapons we'll release before going hosted. The weapons we'll have won't be easy since they'll be made out of 24 sprites each. On top of that every single weapon will have an additional 'effect' to it that's also sprited. So if you are a skilled Gani artist who knows their way around Graalshop well and likes challenge, you are far more than welcome!
Old 06-19-2011, 03:06 AM
Banned
Just finished my first baddie sprites ever. Hope they'll look good when a Gani Artist animates them.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:32 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinka View Post
Alright, the application has been rejected.
Don't be discouraged.

Your server is fantastic. It's just not far enough in development to make Hosted. However, if you continue to develop in this direction, which is probably some of or just plain the best Graal has seen, you will without a doubt one day breeze through the Hosted tab to the Classic tab.

You have incredible talent, and I hope you don't let this minor speed bump, which really isn't that bad at all, slow you down. Congratulations for coming this far, and, well, I'll say Good Luck even though you won't need it!

Quote:
Wow, those are so amazing that they are them, which I think is a pretty darn good compliment.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Banned
Thanks for the words Matt, they mean alot.

I've just finished the basic one handed sword sprites/template, just to let any interested Gani artist know what they can expect:

Old 06-19-2011, 04:27 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Thanks for the words Matt, they mean alot.

I've just finished the basic one handed sword sprites/template, just to let any interested Gani artist know what they can expect:

Just speaking as a gani artist, You may wanna give more seperation to the sprites, because from the looks of the image, that spritesheet will not cut properly, otherwise it is an awesome looking basic weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinka
Thought in my head:

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.

Last edited by Fulg0reSama; 06-19-2011 at 04:39 AM..
Old 06-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Two things:
1) No walking cycle for baddies?
2) Like flam said, sprites for weapons need to be spaced as gani editor can only split images into squares or rectangles. Some of the sword images are overlapping which makes for very bad gani'ing.

Everything still looks beautiful though.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:39 AM
patrickp2p is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Just finished my first baddie sprites ever. Hope they'll look good when a Gani Artist animates them.

I love this. I'm not sure if you saw one of my previous posts on this thread but I said before that you should somehow create a Brand New Baddie. I would like to see it and it would make the server different aside from the jello-like baddies we've seen before.

Love me or hate me? O:

<--Are Questions Accepted Here? (:
Old 06-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Đucimus.
Nonepwnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nonepwnz
Lovely baddies, great work Vinka! (But when do you not post great work?)

But what patrick said, new baddies. Something we haven´t seen before, that be really good, unique baddies! But I am sure that will come, haha.

You always succeed to surprise me in each post you make, mahaaah!
Old 06-19-2011, 12:51 PM
^ Agreed.

Love me or hate me? O:

Old 06-19-2011, 01:48 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
I was unaware Spark910's requirements were no longer valid and updated without notice, now having some playable content being an essential requirement.
To be fair, pretty graphics will only hold attention for so long. Unless they do something, not much to keep players around.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
Two things:
2) Like flam said, sprites for weapons need to be spaced as gani editor can only split images into squares or rectangles. Some of the sword images are overlapping which makes for very bad gani'ing.

Everything still looks beautiful though.
I agree, it seems the baddies don't have images for movement? They seem to be able to attack and get attacked, but they lack the sprite that would imply movement.

Also, if you tried to gani that sword image like the Flame and Jazz have said, you would get one sword image and part of another sword image in a gani which would not look good at all.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:09 PM
I was also thinking that it was too early for Europa to be hosted anyway, because although yes you have done very much and have a wonderful staff team under your belt, there's only one level that players see. I would think to be hosted that you practically have to have everything done. Also, it's the scripts/systems that would really wow players (Which I know your staff will create awesome ones). O: I just come to this thread often and see "WOW VINKA REALLY AMAZING". Okay we get it lol. Keep it up though.

Love me or hate me? O:

Old 06-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickp2p View Post
I was also thinking that it was too early for Europa to be hosted anyway, because although yes you have done very much and have a wonderful staff team under your belt, there's only one level that players see. I would think to be hosted that you practically have to have everything done. Also, it's the scripts/systems that would really wow players (Which I know your staff will create awesome ones). O: I just come to this thread often and see "WOW VINKA REALLY AMAZING". Okay we get it lol. Keep it up though.
I don't agree. If europa keeps developing at this rate, we could have a fantastic server withing the next month.

Last edited by Emera; 06-19-2011 at 02:26 PM..
Old 06-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Just speaking as a gani artist, You may wanna give more seperation to the sprites, because from the looks of the image, that spritesheet will not cut properly, otherwise it is an awesome looking basic weapon.
I see, I'll try to spacen the sprite up a bit. Thanks for letting me know .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Thought in my head.
Ha, how did I not see this coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
Yeah, I realised that just right after posting it and working on them for 2-3 hours straight

Quote:
I love this. I'm not sure if you saw one of my previous posts on this thread but I said before that you should somehow create a Brand New Baddie. I would like to see it and it would make the server different aside from the jello-like baddies we've seen before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonepwnz View Post
Lovely baddies, great work Vinka! (But when do you not post great work?)

But what patrick said, new baddies. Something we haven´t seen before, that be really good, unique baddies! But I am sure that will come, haha.

You always succeed to surprise me in each post you make, mahaaah!
Thanks, but like I said I need to create the basics in order to meet the requirements for Hosted, and that is my current goal. And don't worry I definitly have some cool ideas for baddies noone has seen on Graal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
To be fair, pretty graphics will only hold attention for so long. Unless they do something, not much to keep players around.
Obviously. I don't need an active playerbase when it's under development. That is what Hosted is for, exposure - so people know we exist and potential developers would find out we're not just 'another playerworld'.

Quote:
Yes and no, most of the scripts are already in place. They're just not implemented in the levels yet.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Banned
I hope this is better:

I'll try to find a solution to the blob sprites without doing them from scratch again.
Closed Thread