Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
The Truth

I took this off the better forums where people dont get banned for voiceing there opinions

"I have a feeling you guys, and when I say "you" I mean Curtis and Angel, are wasting your time with the dev server. What is being done is the polar ****ing opposite of what players have said they wanted, and when I tried to explain that to you, the response was "players don't know what they want...they're just negative for the sake of being negative"

If players don't like your ideas, you can't assume "they don't know what they really want"...you need to assume your ideas ****ing suck. And as far as the rest of the team being "place-holders", I'd really like to see you guys make it anywhere by yourselves."
Old 03-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
I took this off the better forums where people dont get banned for voiceing there opinions

"I have a feeling you guys, and when I say "you" I mean Curtis and Angel, are wasting your time with the dev server. What is being done is the polar ****ing opposite of what players have said they wanted, and when I tried to explain that to you, the response was "players don't know what they want...they're just negative for the sake of being negative"

If players don't like your ideas, you can't assume "they don't know what they really want"...you need to assume your ideas ****ing suck. And as far as the rest of the team being "place-holders", I'd really like to see you guys make it anywhere by yourselves."
Heh, out of context that doesn't really have as much of a meaning
Old 03-28-2009, 08:11 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
deo tends to lock / delete threads where people voice their opinion if it's anything negative.

anyway, I agree. curt and angel are both respectable developers but I don't like their attitude on issues relating to the server.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
You have absolutely no idea what our plans are for Era dev. There is no definite plan, it's speculation.

My job is to create an overworld. That is what I'm doing. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't care of politics, I care about getting an overworld made.

Bashing Angel's credibility in server design, especially since she was involved in Era's creation with Delph, is pretty out of line for someone like yourself, who has all but none.

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now

Last edited by Curt1zzle; 03-28-2009 at 08:46 PM..
Old 03-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Hopefully these additions will be added by Christmas, or possibly Halloween.

Just don't break the speed limit fellas.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Acutally i really LOVE the new gmap.. I've seen a picture of it and its nice.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
Hopefully these additions will be added by Christmas, or possibly Halloween.

Just don't break the speed limit fellas.
My team has been on board for 1.5 weeks. But since you say so, we'll definitely speed things up. I really value your input September 2008.

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 03-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt1zzle View Post
My team has been on board for 1.5 weeks. But since you say so, we'll definitely speed things up. I really value your input September 2008.
How does the date that I joined the forums relate to the date that I joined Era?

Last edited by Aldaris; 03-28-2009 at 11:12 PM..
Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel
Completely taken out of context. I am very open to criticism. If I take that criticism and use it is a different matter.

The "Era" that was released on preview was not under my authorization or within the spec of my plan. It was silly to release that to players as now we have lost some credibility on what we are trying to create. T

If anyone wishes to see our progress, I invite you to PM (forum or in-game) and I will tour you so you can actually get a semi-decent idea of what we are actually attempting.

Thank you

Old 03-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
I hate the style that Era Dev is going for its horrible, ERA DOESN'T need a change. Add more, Fix more. The current GMAP on era dev is horrible not just level wise the whole going of it is horrible. It would be nice if either of you would share what is going on on the Dev server with the players. Sure some wont understand but the majority that wants to know will understand whats going on if you tell them, and will give you viable input. If you just go along with the players not knowing what they want you might as well shut era dev down now. Take the players opinions of what they want 90percent of the time they know what they want more then you. Don't make decisions without getting opinions of the players and taking polls, what good is spending months on making something that no one wants? Share updates. Don't act like Era Dev is a need to know bases. It isn't, Your forgetting why your staff, Your job is to keep the players happy not to do your own projects. You work for the players. Don't forget that because it appears that you have.

btw Curt, Aldaris isn't his first account thats his most recent account

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Banned
Banditz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
Acutally i really LOVE the new gmap.. I've seen a picture of it and its nice.
Me aswell.. I really like it.
I can see the island to the west being deserted though.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:21 AM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
I kinda liked what I saw when the dev server was opened for a few hours. Sure it needs a lot of detail and additions, what I saw was just an empty gmap with no detail at all. I'm sure this will work out fine in the end.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
I don't really like the new GMAP, but I do like change, so I am open to going with the change and just making do with what is sent our way as players.

As far as I am concerned, I don't play the server to see if the GMAP will change, I play it for what you can DO on it, such as have a bit of fun PKing with your friends. Who cares in what setting you do it, just walk into a PK zone and shoot a gun in someone's direction and you're set. It matters very little about the aesthetic surroundings if you actually get into the real Era, rather than worry about how it looks as you idle in Unstick Me.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 03-29-2009, 01:59 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
The one thing i really dont like is the train system... Its kinda ugly if its going all across everywhere...

I agree with CharlieM Keep the current Gmap and make slow updates. Change a few things, add more like something in the unused space of water ect.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Banned
sid.gottlieb@googlemail.com will become famous soon enough
hrmh, i have the old scripts if you want them?