Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 06:35 AM
Vega001 is on a distinguished road
Vega's Problems

I messages these to Skyl on Unholy Nation and he said I should post them here.

My first opinion on the matter is for the Graal Online Admins to allow player to choose which design or format they want to use for the Graal Client. This means that those that like Graal V5 could keep using it, and those that like Graal V4 or earlier version could be content by using those. Having no experience on the matter, I do not know if this would be possible or efficient to do, I am merely stating my opinion.

However, here are my problems with the current version of Graal V5 as of 4:07 PM, CST.

-Lag associated with Graal V5 (I have experienced and heard from other players that there is a lag associated with Graal V5. This lag seriously gets in the way of performance.)
-PMs are on a blue background instead of the white/gray background before. The blue background makes it harder to read PMs, and I have also noticed that with the new PM style, some Playerlist options (such as "Don't Allow HTML" and "Allow Images in PMs") are not available. I don't know why this is, and whether this is bad or not (I usually do not allow either in my pms), but my problems with the blue background remain.

-PM windows are overlapped by the playerlist. This makes it impossible to see text in some areas, both when reading and typing PMs. This is a serious problem that must be fixed no matter what.

-The bar at the bottom of the Graal Window can be annoying (having to close it each time i log in) but is one of the least of my worries).

-When on a server (ie. Unholy Nation), the window is named "U n h o l y N a t i o n" and not simply "Unholy Nation." I would prefer it to not be strangely spaced out (actually, the window's name is: "U n h o l y N a t i..." because there is not enough room for the entire, spaced out, name). I would like this resolved.

-Perhaps the biggest problem is reopening other windows on my computer. Whether I use the taskbar or the alt+tab shortcut, it is VERY difficult to open other windows. (When i attempt to open the window, it opens very briefly and is then recovered by my Graal window within a half-second.) I can only remedy this problem by right clicking on the window in my taskbar and then clicking the window, or sometimes i get lucky and it opens after a few clicks. This MUST be resolved ASAP.

-I also have a problem with the Graal Online website. I dont like how it went from a professional looking MMORPG website to looking like the Zwinky Website. I would prefer the Graal Online Admins to go back to using the GRAAL CLASSIC look, or at least enable visitors and members to select their theme (GRAAL CLASSIC, GRAAL 4 WINTER, ETC, RIDICULOUS ZWINKY LOOK, ETC)

-Lastly (for now), I do not like how the Playerlist has a different (THING) at the top right. Originally, it had the look of a regular window, with a name starting on the left and regular sized minimize, maximize, and close buttons on the right. Now, all there is is the name, and a small close button that is hard to click (because of its size). I would prefer the original to replace the current or at least make the close button regular sized.

These are all the problems i have right now. If/as i discover more problems, i will post them or let you guys know somehow

**NOTE: this post may seem to insult Graal Online or Graal V5, but you must realize that this post is meant to address the PROBLEMS with Graal V5. I admit there are a FEW (as in, a very small amount) of nice things that accompanied Graal V5. But this isnt the place to list them.**

EDIT: I would also like to see a Graal Online.com site where you can stay logged in (meaning you dont have to log in with your e-mail and password every time you open the page.)

Last edited by Vega001; 07-14-2007 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: Adding Another Problem
Old 07-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
For the website you can choose kingdoms to get the original look
Old 07-17-2007, 12:54 AM
thanks, but im looking for the even older version, the design before graal v4 came out
Old 07-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Graal 3D
UberModeKappa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to UberModeKappa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega001 View Post
thanks, but im looking for the even older version, the design before graal v4 came out
This one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graalold.png
Views:	521
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	42086  
Old 07-17-2007, 03:16 AM
:pluffy:
Chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
For the website you can choose kingdoms to get the original look
Still doesn't change the fact that when going to www.Graalonline.com you still get that horrible website. It was definitely a downgrade in appearance. It looks cheesy.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:18 AM
yeah, very unprofessional-like

looks more ridiculous, its lost its...tough feel

and no, thats not the site im referring to, i dont think, its the one with big Graal Online at top, with graal kingdoms characters at top but no flash
Old 12-12-2007, 02:19 AM
Banned
Akios has a little shameless behaviour in the past
to put it plain and simple, the site's ***.

I totally agree with you on everything youve said. the lag is so bad it's painful. huge lag spikes. and no, it's not my computer because everyone else on the servers are experincing it aswell.

and also when i open another window and im on a website, and open it up, graal immeditly flashes back up over it preventing me from going on/looking@ the site.

best version of graal was 3.14 how i miss it so.

Last edited by Darlene159; 12-12-2007 at 03:10 AM.. Reason: filter evasion
Old 12-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Changed the website behaviour, you stay logged in for 1 day now, can eventually increase that.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:29 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I sort of agree with unneeded spacing in the name of the server, but it's not that big of a problem

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 12-13-2007, 04:39 AM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
there used to be a box in the bottom left or right corner of the graal Kingdoms website. it had choices between flash, classic, and x-mas. =D

As for Graal V5 having performance issues. V5 runs smoother on my computer than any other version of graal has ever ran.

As for the blue looking background. find a custom skin that changes it to whatever color you want...