Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2006, 03:44 AM
The Shellbullet
Tails_night is on a distinguished road
Hunting for a level position

I don't usually script and the likes But I want to get a better experience with this and I was wondering if anyone hasa server or sumthing I could work for? i can read scripts and understand em..its the writing part i ahve trouble with, Plus when It comes to NPCs I can get the iages... again the scriopting aside form that I can mass-produce many levels in fact I currently am In the middle of the production of a castle and so far its grand, so IDC where it goes as long as someone takes an interest to it.

favorite quote, Alan Steele"Posting in the forums is like cutting your hand and shoving it in a tank full of sharks" XD nice ring, humor, and truth to it
Old 09-27-2006, 04:21 AM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
I can read a book, but noone would ever hire me to write a book.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:08 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails_night View Post
I don't usually script and the likes But I want to get a better experience with this and I was wondering if anyone hasa server or sumthing I could work for? i can read scripts and understand em..its the writing part i ahve trouble with, Plus when It comes to NPCs I can get the iages... again the scriopting aside form that I can mass-produce many levels in fact I currently am In the middle of the production of a castle and so far its grand, so IDC where it goes as long as someone takes an interest to it.
You should start with learning how to type properly so they will notice you as a more mature individual and not some newb saying "Wil you pease hir meh".The best place to start is the Playerworld Hireing thread and not the playerworld main forums.Most playerworlds don't have the time nor patience to allow someone to learn how to develop on there playerworld.Learn offline and research the Code snipplets for idea and examples is the best way in my opinion.As for levels start with the offline editor (Graal Default Tiles) and practice putting all sorts of tiles together to see what goes with what and to start submitting to playerworlds.The only way to get far is to take the criticism and improve your content.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 09-27-2006, 06:36 AM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
Mystic is just trying to be cool on the net so its normal he is going to get on you about your grammar in a unkind manner.(awaits insults in which he wont respond too)

And Tails, if your any good at levels give me a shout on aim.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:45 AM
Global Administration
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
There is no need to be like you said "cool" my reputation is already established and it would be really pointless to TRY and act "cool", when I already am =).And pointing out his gramma will only help him in the long run to approach managers in a more professional manor as well as preventing typos in his coding when/if he starts to code. So shouting my comments down and "TRYING" to be cool is not that very "cool" at all..
[email protected]

Old 09-27-2006, 06:59 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
You should start with learning how to type properly so they will notice you as a more mature individual and not some newb saying "Wil you pease hir meh".The best place to start is the Playerworld Hireing thread and not the playerworld main forums.Most playerworlds don't have the time nor patience to allow someone to learn how to develop on there playerworld.Learn offline and research the Code snipplets for idea and examples is the best way in my opinion.As for levels start with the offline editor (Graal Default Tiles) and practice putting all sorts of tiles together to see what goes with what and to start submitting to playerworlds.The only way to get far is to take the criticism and improve your content.
  1. *hiring
  2. *their
  3. *ideas

Quote:
There is no need to be like you said "cool" my reputation is already established and it would be really pointless to TRY and act "cool", when I already am =).And pointing out his gramma will only help him in the long run to approach managers in a more professional manor as well as preventing typos in his coding when/if he starts to code. So shouting my comments down and "TRYING" to be cool is not that very "cool" at all..
  1. *grammar
  2. *"is not that" ?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Global Administration
Mykel, but my typing is a lot more understandable then his? Of course I never said it was perfect.
[email protected]

Old 09-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Dimension Zero Founder
Jackel9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp2ukew View Post
I can read a book, but noone would ever hire me to write a book.
That makes a whole lot of sense

Old 09-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Master of Chaos
Brandon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon
Quote:
Mykel, but my typing is a lot more understandable then his? Of course I never said it was perfect.
What have you gotten yourself into this time?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Loading, please wait...
TpH is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TpH
seriously, don't correct anyones spelling, you nerds.

if he wanted to be hired on account of his grammar and spelling then he's in the wrong place, but he's asking for a level position.

so can it.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Dimension Zero Founder
Jackel9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TpH View Post

if he wanted to be hired on account of his grammar and spelling then he's in the wrong place, but he's asking for a level position.

so can it.
Agreed Partna

Old 09-27-2006, 04:27 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

so can it.
Wise words! There is no need for such things, as long as everybody knows what he is talking about.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:52 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

so can it.
Wait, who asked you again?
Old 09-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I didnt think you were allowed to post that you are looking for a job..?

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
Mst uv da desent playerwerlds won't even consdier yu if u can't speek corect gramer and spel rite.
Closed Thread