Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 10:37 PM
delterian loyalist
Nelm will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Nelm
LOL. This staff team makes me giggle.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:41 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Rofl the amount of work this guy has stolen over the years is unbelievable.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
It angers me what he's doing

Old 07-16-2009, 12:31 AM
Banned
DaBoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Funny how its not stolen and its not or anywhere close to esterias it's tranquilities tileset so please be quiet when you or anyone doesn't know anything.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:43 AM
delterian loyalist
Nelm will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Nelm
At least we know English.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:20 AM
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Angelu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoss View Post
Funny how its not stolen and its not or anywhere close to esterias it's tranquilities tileset so please be quiet when you or anyone doesn't know anything.
you even use my bad underwater and rooftop texture so come on
Old 07-16-2009, 02:08 AM
smooth as eggs
racycle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to racycle
Angelu you told me yourself that my edits to those tiles were nice... I could use the esteria tiles sence I edited them so they didnt look 100% the same. You also stayed on tranquility for a bit when i showed you around. Wile you were on u also complmented me on my inside cave tiles but said they were not your style becose they were complex.

p.s. this is Killa Be

I'd never let your work get thrown around. I am still the content owner of tranquility[not DaBoss], ur cedit is still being given as i told you i would back when u last came on.

telling me to my face that my edits were good just to saturated, then changeing ur option on them kinda hurts.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:03 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a feeling this will just end up like your many re-incarnations of Endora after the original creators left, so much for that going classic soon huh?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:02 PM
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Quote:
Originally Posted by racycle View Post
Angelu you told me yourself that my edits to those tiles were nice... I could use the esteria tiles sence I edited them so they didnt look 100percent the same. You also stayed on tranquility for a bit when i showed you around. Wile you were on u also complmented me on my inside cave tiles but said they were not your style becose they were complex.

p.s. this is Killa Be

I'd never let your work get thrown around. I am still the content owner of tranquility[not DaBoss], ur cedit is still being given as i told you i would back when u last came on.

telling me to my face that my edits were good just to saturated, then changeing ur option on them kinda hurts.
you told me that you work on the tiles so they are not the same than the esteria tiles but atm the most things are recolors...
i never allowed you to use my esteria tiles with small edits and i told you that the tiles are nice so you go on with work (i do that on the most server)
the grass is only reversed and the cliffs are the same with some nonsense pixel added (dark lines are on the same place)
i have no prob if u use my tileset as inspiration if you like the style
Old 07-16-2009, 05:31 PM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
DaBoss, I'd recommend steering away from mainstream development until you can actually get something together without stealing 95% of a server. It'd probably help your reputation as a developer and as a person.

It's fun to have your own server but you're never going to get anywhere how you do things now.

This is not a bash, this is a good-hearted suggestion.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:37 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelu View Post
you told me that you work on the tiles so they are not the same than the esteria tiles but atm the most things are recolors...
i never allowed you to use my esteria tiles with small edits and i told you that the tiles are nice so you go on with work (i do that on the most server)
the grass is only reversed and the cliffs are the same with some nonsense pixel added (dark lines are on the same place)
i have no prob if u use my tileset as inspiration if you like the style
I used your tiles as inspiration x3

I wouldn't just edit them though and use them o.o...that's sort of stealing to me x.x;

On another note, how much progress has this server made since posting?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	housetiles2.png
Views:	112
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	48975  
Old 07-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Shadow_Deathstorm is on a distinguished road
Yes, please keep us updated with your progression.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:26 PM
smooth as eggs
racycle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to racycle
I have been writeing some information about the server Hotrian fixed all my grammer and spelling. The info will include what I plain do be done and i will add a screenshot as soon as I get the backup sence i lost all my content when my pc harddrive crashed.

angel , your gfx are alot of inspiration in the server , i love your style and choice of coloring. If you want i could edit the tiles more to. Its not random pexils on the cliffs :P it was a texture style i was trying , the pexils that look "random" get darker as they go right. For the large rock look, I was trying to make it look like it was jaged and sharp. and over lapping from the bottom with hard lighting.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:37 PM
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Quote:
Originally Posted by racycle View Post
I have been writeing some information about the server Hotrian fixed all my grammer and spelling. The info will include what I plain do be done and i will add a screenshot as soon as I get the backup sence i lost all my content when my pc harddrive crashed.

angel , your gfx are alot of inspiration in the server , i love your style and choice of coloring. If you want i could edit the tiles more to. Its not random pexils on the cliffs :P it was a texture style i was trying , the pexils that look "random" get darker as they go right. For the large rock look, I was trying to make it look like it was jaged and sharp. and over lapping from the bottom with hard lighting.
do it like Aeko and create something different in your own style :O
its the wrong way to use my graphics and edit them
start with your own outlines

PS: Aeko the tiles are cool but whats with the size ? Hobbit Home XD
Old 07-22-2009, 05:25 AM
Banned
DaBoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past
This will be part of the update when Stefan gets his lazy pizza loving ass to upload backup

Ok so server is going to be "Tranquility". I sent a ticket in and I'm currently waiting for a backup of my last progress on this project.

--curently done--
-character select
-HUD
-Inv showing up
-Entering level screen (eye candy)

--Short Walk Through-

Any who, you log on and are allowed up to 3 characters. Once you create a character, you are presented with a menu that gives facts about each of the 4 Clans. You pick the one that suits your style, and then move on into your character creation menu. The menu offers a quite a bit to make your character look unique such as skin tone, gender, hair style, hair color, and a verity of heads.
[Note] character looks are permanent except hair style, and color.

--Battle Systems--

Far as trying to get away from the RPG "Hack-and-Slash" the battles are very similar to Final Fantasy where you go into a battle area. The battle area will look different according to the terrain you are around on the world. Once in a battle you have the option of how to fight. Such as free roam, and doing all your attacks and skills manually or using a targeting system that strafes.

--Player Interactions--

This is key to a community, side quest and points usually revolve around a series of players (a party if you will). This should help keep players friendly in a small way. Signs and NPCs are click able and display a menu of what to do like "Read","Close","talk", and "Cancel". NPCs won't just be standing around in towns, they will be doing so kind of motion to give the places a sense of "life" All NPCs will be interactive to talk to even if its just one sentence.

--Making Money--

Everyone likes making money, this I know. Tranquility offers quite a bit of ways to make money. The easier the job the slower you will make money, however; So lets go through the list.

One of the simplest ways to help yourself and make money is to pick fruit. Every time it rains fruit will grow on bushes. The type you pick varies on environment and weather. Running up to bushes grabbing them and tugging on them a few times will make the fruit fall off the bushes. Its not always that simple, once the fruit fall to the ground anyone can take them. So don't think its always 100% safe.

Oh farmer Jenkins teach me how. Farming is time consuming but worth every penny. Luckily Jenkins is nice enough to give players 6 seeds, a watering pail, and a scythe. Once you plant your seeds they will display a icon over them showing if you need to water them and when fully grown, if you need to cut them. To fill up your watering pail just go into deep water until the bar fills up. Rain rain don't go away?! That's right when it's raining be sure to buy a lot of seeds and spam them as much as you can. When it's raining all you have to do is sit back and wait to cut your plaints, let nature do its thing.

Fishing has been around for ages and always will be. I think that this method to gain money will be the hardest for players to get use to. End the end probably the most fun too. You need a tackle box, some lures, and your rod to fish. After you equip a lure and you cast your lure, when a fish bites a "!" mark will show on your screen for about a second. In this time you have to press "S" to get the fish on the lure. Once on the lure there will be a count down to the real thing. When the count down ends you will see one big arrow in the middle of your screen and 2 smaller arrows to the left. The big one is the direction key you got to hit and the smaller ones are the next arrows coming up. You get only 3 mistakes then you are kicked out. There is a risk of losing your lure if you mess up. I guess in a way you could say its like "DDR".

Not much to do tell backup but still can get a crew together. =] Current dev crew is

me-GFX,LAT,GAT
puggy-GFX,LAT,GAT
H-NAT

--hireing--
GFX(1) - must be able to make work that matches the current style
Lat(1) - must be able to work with our tileset
SFX(2) - must be able to make ingame sounds alog with short music (for entering battles and such)

Message me on here , or log on dev DaBoss if you are interested.