Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-17-2013, 03:44 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
reposting this because I thought it was a great idea, better than the stun, and worth me being told to my figurative face that it's not a great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
hi someone pm'd me about this and I don't play GK but fear giving the inflicted player a "debuff radius" where they suffer lowered stats while other players are in that circle would make more sense in relation to being inflicted with fear (encouraging the player to escape (fight or flight??)) and make it not seem like what you'd imagine confusion as anyway nice to know stuff is happening, everything else looks neat esp ghosthit mattering, A+ I guess <3<3
Old 09-17-2013, 04:41 AM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
The thing that's most annoying about poison resist (opposed to other "secondary attacktype" resists) is the fact that the amount of resist you have also affects the effects potency. This is not normal for a secondary attacktype.

Fear, blind, and confusion's potency isn't affected by the amount of resist you have-- only the % chance of infliction. This is what's unfair about poison, as having poison resist is CRUCIAL to PvP on GK.

You're either forced to switch to Ogma in order to compete, or sacrifice equipment slots for pieces of gear with Poison Resist-- which defeats the purpose entirely since you could be using those slots for stacking extra str/dex/con/hp. So you lose either way.

Poison should be reverted to its newer state where it's a simple DoT effect. Then the player can decide for themselves what resists are more valuable to stack (fear, poison, etc). But at least if a player decides not to stack poison because they hate another effect more, it won't give them an incredible disadvantage like it does in GK's current state.

EDIT: And Pojo's interpretation of fear is slick

Old 09-17-2013, 12:20 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DripZ View Post
General
* Make food deplete slower and reduce players feeling like they need to stay bile. - Hopefully this will help diversify what gods are being used among the playerbase.

Does this mean Bile holy possession will have poison resist again? I've heard this is one of two factors that makes bile an ''OP GOD'' the factor not included is our resistance to fear being 100 and the fact that we don't have to worry about food. Balancing the deplete and removing fear from 100(fear lower then 100 has already been inputted I've heard has happened to new players who went bile) and not having poison resistance from our current holy possession makes us simply a PVE god. In spar its complete domination without poison resistance i'd hate to miss out on the next monthly spar.
Reading Dripz post is always so, so, painful.

Bile shouldn't have high-tier poison resistance in the first place. It doesn't make sense for him to compete with the Poison God in terms of resistances. He's weaker PVP, but he's not useless. Bile followers are still immune to diseases, all of them, and have a few potent ones themselves on top of cause many wounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
96 + poison resist and I am still poisoned just as easily and take as much of a stat hit as people without anywhere near that much. Not trying to be a smartass, but do we know if the poison resist actually works..?
Poison resistance also effects the potency of the poison, like Conqueror said. I get maybe -2,-2, -2, with holy poss on, most players get something along the lines of -10, 10, 10.

As an Ogma follower, despite having a clear advantage, I'd support the new poison coming back. I don't like how one-sided spars can be since many players are bile. I'd just hope lag doesn't follow.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
From what I gathered they were pretty set on keeping stat reduction on poison
Old 09-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
From what I gathered they were pretty set on keeping stat reduction on poison
Well, if the stat reduction had a "set value" that is lost by everyone (3 str, 3 dex, 3 con), that wouldn't be as bad.

As long as poison resist doesn't affect the potency of the poison (Only % chance), it's a much more level playing field.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
Well, if the stat reduction had a "set value" that is lost by everyone (3 str, 3 dex, 3 con), that wouldn't be as bad.

As long as poison resist doesn't affect the potency of the poison (Only % chance), it's a much more level playing field.
resist are already setup like that for everything
Old 09-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Da conq
Quote:
resist are already setup like that for everything

Old 09-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Banned
I should have been more specific. The new/removed poison is/was like that.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Da conq
Quote:
I should have been more specific. The new/removed poison is/was like that.
Bring back.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
Bring back.
Seconded.

And sean, even if I buff to 99% resist I have dropped to 22-22-22, or thereabouts before.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Banned
Resist shouldn't have anything to do with PVP on GK solely because of the mechanics behind them. All PVP issues could be easily resolved by removing them and tweaking damage formulas. Making it not only more noob friendly but making it all around more fun and causing less running. A big thing that hinders PVP is also the fact that you can drop items which is a big reason everyone runs away instead of fighting to the death so that whole system also needs to be rethought/revamped. The systems are already created/modified for it for the most part but they just need to be enabled.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:05 PM
DripZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DripZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
Reading Dripz post is always so, so, painful.

Bile shouldn't have high-tier poison resistance in the first place. It doesn't make sense for him to compete with the Poison God in terms of resistances. He's weaker PVP, but he's not useless. Bile followers are still immune to diseases, all of them, and have a few potent ones themselves on top of cause many wounds.
Yeah because clearly i'm speaking in a completely different language.

Anyways i'll start using more basic words so people like Sean don't complain. You said bile followers are immune to diseases sure you're absolutely right, except that when you're constantly being diseased you end up becoming immune? So doesn't that make one of the sucky reasons you listed useless? Yes, we have as high resistance as the ''poison god'' but remember we are not granted with poison on our weapon. Let's be completely honest unless we use a top tier weapon we'll be stuck with 2 weapons, and perhaps we did have a top tier weapon ogma/gov followers will always be ahead by 1 attack type until life steal works.

Bile has negative holy word, and what do you know the Ogma followers are given holy word making it easy to kill the bile followers! yeah!

Last edited by DripZ; 09-17-2013 at 07:39 PM..
Old 09-17-2013, 08:05 PM
hi
Quote:
Resist shouldn't have anything to do with PVP on GK solely because of the mechanics behind them. All PVP issues could be easily resolved by removing them and tweaking damage formulas. Making it not only more noob friendly but making it all around more fun and causing less running. A big thing that hinders PVP is also the fact that you can drop items which is a big reason everyone runs away instead of fighting to the death so that whole system also needs to be rethought/revamped. The systems are already created/modified for it for the most part but they just need to be enabled.
I agree with a lot if not all of the points Cubes stated.

I'd like to see drops upon death being removed and only for "Kills" to show up in profile. That way when players enter b-mode they do it for more kills, and exp, but have no down-fall except maybe being bullied by other players. Which in turn won't be that bad if we removed death counter and drops. Pros outweighs the cons in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DripZ View Post
Yeah because clearly i'm speaking in a completely different language.

Anyways i'll start using more basic words so people like Sean don't complain. You said bile followers are immune to diseases sure you're absolutely right, except that when you're constantly being diseased you end up becoming immune? So doesn't that make one of the sucky reasons you listed useless? Yes, we have as high resistance as the ''poison god'' but remember we are not granted with poison on our weapon. Let's be completely honest unless we use a top tier weapon we'll be stuck with 2 weapons, and perhaps we did have a top tier weapon ogma/gov followers will always be ahead by 1 attack type until life steal works.

Bile has negative holy word, and what do you know the Ogma followers are given holy word making it easy to kill the bile followers! yeah!
Constantly being diseased means that you get free damage off on them during that battle, so it served it's purpose. Also you can never be immune to leprosy without bile, sorry.

I don't understand. Why should Bile have poison on their weapon. Where does this point follow through?

Holy word is your downfall just like magic is ours.

Even as Ogma, I use two weapons. I just don't understand a single point you're making.

You want to make bile, once again, a ridiculously strong god, and that's fine but at least put some thought into it.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:25 PM
DripZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DripZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post

Constantly being diseased means that you get free damage off on them during that battle, so it served it's purpose. Also you can never be immune to leprosy without bile, sorry.

I don't understand. Why should Bile have poison on their weapon. Where does this point follow through?

Holy word is your downfall just like magic is ours.

Even as Ogma, I use two weapons. I just don't understand a single point you're making.

You want to make bile, once again, a ridiculously strong god, and that's fine but at least put some thought into it.
I see and what benefit does free damage bring if it's curable through potions,scrolls,leafs and obviously spells? A waste of time is what it seems like.

Can you show me where i mentioned bile should have poison on their weapon? I believe i said you'd always be ahead of us by 1 attack type until life steal is input.

Unfortunately, just in case you weren't aware everyone who wears RoWs has magic as a downfall, you aren't special lmao.

Oh, you use 2 weapons now let's clarify, In spar where it's actually rewarding and quick all that's necessary is 1 top tier weapon OR Ogma/Gov followers. You're probably talking about real PvP where the damage is way lower and your holy possession eventually runs out.

Incorrect, it's only been considered ''TOO OP'' now that fears been enabled and that's totally fine to remove that. But I do not think before it was a strong god, now now if it was that strong there would be no Ogma/Gov followers. If it was like you said ridiculously strong, nobody would hesitate to switch even if it meant losing some exp since it's more rewarding aren't I right?
Old 09-18-2013, 05:07 PM
hi
Quote:
I see and what benefit does free damage bring if it's curable through potions,scrolls,leafs and obviously spells? A waste of time is what it seems like.
Why use poison? Why even bother fighting if you can just heal? Everything is curable and you can always heal in most scenarios.

Quote:
Can you show me where i mentioned bile should have poison on their weapon? I believe i said you'd always be ahead of us by 1 attack type until life steal is input.
Why don't you go back and re-read what your last post was.

Attack types are in development, if you're actually complaining because you're missing out on one. Please stop posting. This is probably exactly why all attack types should be released at once to stop people like you from crying.
Quote:
Unfortunately, just in case you weren't aware everyone who wears RoWs has magic as a downfall, you aren't special lmao.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious, but clearly having a higher - magic resistance means more damage is taken. As an Ogma player, on top of using RoWs, I should have lower magic resistance, no?

Quote:
Incorrect, it's only been considered ''TOO OP'' now that fears been enabled and that's totally fine to remove that. But I do not think before it was a strong god, now now if it was that strong there would be no Ogma/Gov followers. If it was like you said ridiculously strong, nobody would hesitate to switch even if it meant losing some exp since it's more rewarding aren't I right?
Where have you been? Bile has always been a strong god for beginners and experienced players.

Just because somethings good doesn't mean everyone hops on the bandwagon and follows. I'm not sure where your theory follows through there. However, I do know that over half the server is bile when there's 6 other Gods to choose from. That fact should speak for itself.