Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Thumbs down Graal dieing

Anyone noticed, other then me, that Graal's dieing? I've been noticing this for about 2-3 months now. Slowly I see my friends quitting. Here I find myself doing the same. I log on and log off in like 5 minutes. Graal need's something new. New Globals, Classic Servers, Something to get more players. I really think the cost for such a non-attracting game is what get's at people and makes them not download it..
I talk to my friends they all say they'd play if they didn't have to pay $28.00. Unholy Nation is atleast trying something new to attract people. I remember it had over 230 players at times. Now there down to 100-150. Era.. Oh, don't even get me started on Era. Era's going through hell right now. No one likes Era anymore. The reset(s) the staff. The poorly qualified managers. It's all going to hell. But, I won't harp on Era's downfall, but theres a majority of players gone down the drain! Alright so we have so many servers to play on *Yay*, yet only 3-4 seem fun. The rest have like 10 players and no one can log on. Sure, we can buy a playerworld! But all of the plan's/ideas get shot down like a duck trying to fly away in duck season. Nothings new. No one responds on the Support Tickets. The only active global staff are extremely ****y and/or never log on. Stefan's busy with whatever, You can never get ahold of him. Maybe I'm just rambling on trying to buy some time in my Computer Applications class. But if any of you feel the same, please tell me so I dont feel like the only one who thinks Graal's dead.

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 05-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Ever since everything got p2p'ized, it's been a downward spiral of population. You just haven't been around long enough to see that.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:35 PM
<3
Silent is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Silent Send a message via MSN to Silent
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJames
No one responds on the Support Tickets.
They do, they just take a long time..
Quote:
The only active global staff are extremely ****y
Partially true.
Quote:
and/or never log on.
False.
Quote:
Stefan's busy with whatever, You can never get ahold of him.
Perhaps you've never had a worthwhile reason for his attention? x_X;

Anyhow, possible solutions (which I'm sure have been suggested before, but here goes):

Lower account cost. $19.00 for 3 months of running around on a 2D futuristic game and a collapsing RP server? Not worth it.
Increase playerworld cost. Higher cost to start a server = less people running off to their own corners of Graal = more centralisation = (in this case) good.

"Stone disobedient children" (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel
Disobedient children are likely enough to get stoned already, I think.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:11 PM
:pluffy:
Chris is on a distinguished road
What's dieing?

Anyway, Graal has been on a decline since p2p hit. I remember there being at least 1200 or so players on Graal at any given time. Now we're lucky if we get 600-700.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:16 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
You personally tried to attack Era and Unholy Nation, can you try again please?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:37 PM
my name isn't bold, HA!
NeoJenova will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NeoJenova Send a message via Yahoo to NeoJenova
What? UN had over 190 online yesterday.

Our average is still around 180-200 at peak times.

We can get to 220 on national US holidays and such... when nobody has school.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:43 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoJenova
What? UN had over 190 online yesterday.

Our average is still around 180-200 at peak times.

We can get to 220 on national US holidays and such... when nobody has school.
That's UN though. Not alot of the classic playerworlds can stay at 40-50 anymore. There's only about 4-5 playerworlds that can maintain that playercount.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:52 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Classic can't hold a playercount above 30 - 40 nowadays. I blame the Administration, the developers there are inactive, the Manager doesn't really do anything, most of the time when I was on RC with him, he was fiddling around with his website. The only reason most of us stay is because we never played outside classic, or we hope there will be change sometime soon.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Former PW Admin
Matman58 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Matman58 Send a message via AIM to Matman58 Send a message via Yahoo to Matman58
I find myself as well logging on a server and logging right off after a few minutes, because I get bored. Though I find myself doing that a lot now a days for all games I have. I don't know, maybe I am just as your could say "growing up." I do wish graal had something exciting happen. I would like to see Stefan make another playerworld using the original tileset. other than 3d or Kingdoms. That is just my opinion though.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Space Monkeys, everywhere
DeathChill is on a distinguished road
I remember when Classic was just called the main server and there'd be around 500 on at one time. It got so laggy just before the serverlist Graal and peoples account were RANDOMLY being wiped. The server was just randomly wiping peoples accounts and I remember everyone getting all worried. Ah, the good days =P
Old 05-16-2005, 08:47 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Graal wasnt so bad in 2003 either, you had UN, Era, GK, Val, Bab, and Delt dominating the playerlist with playercounts of over 50 each or so. I remember bab and val hit 100 numerous times, sometimes even competing with UN and Era. Delteria would jump a lot and GK always had around 60+
Old 05-16-2005, 09:55 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Oh man, I loved Babylon. In my opinion the real downfall of graal started after Babylon went down the drain. (WHY'D YOU HAVE TO CHANGE IT, ALEXANDER?! T.T)

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 05-16-2005, 11:28 PM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
Quote:
Words and such.
I agree with you; everything has really gone completely downhill.

I do still come on to Graal, but I usually just idle and do other things while I'm connected.
It's a shame. It's ridiculous. Unless some big changes are to be made, then Graal Online will never been like it once was.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Velox Cruentus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Velox Cruentus Send a message via AIM to Velox Cruentus
I blame Stefan creating Zelda Online! If it wasn't for the birth of Graal, it would have never declines! *shakes head in dismay*... Why not we just twiddle our thumbs and complain about how messed up some game that never was created due to these threads could have been!

You know that one game? Yea... The one the George almost made but didn't... They would have had corrupt administrators that dominated the players... Oh -- It would have been so bad...

Seesh! Leave Graal alone, will you? It's fine enough how they are trying the best they can with the little budget they have. I do believe that if they invested a little more, they would get more quality, but it's obvious they can't do any better. People have put a lot of effort into making this game and their servers possible, and so what if they aren't top notch quality... I play the server (script on them, actually), because of e community, and how they try rentlessly to make something on it... To expose the little development skills they can possess to create something that maybe 10, maybe 15 would enjoy for 5-10 hours of their lifetime.

Be a little more constructive... I don't care about complaining -- As long as it's constructive.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Ever since everything got p2p'ized, it's been a downward spiral of population. You just haven't been around long enough to see that.
I wouldn't say so, I don't think playercount is directly related to graals fall, but the lack of big updates recently more so contirbute to this over playercount which P2P caused.