Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 03:48 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
What has happened to GK?

I'm very close to just packing my bags and moving away from GK for good. Almost all oldbies have quit already, and the ones that havnt quit just sit around and chat. Thats what GK has turned into...a chatting world.

Leveling now is nearly impossible. Brutals are not as easy to get as they use to be, and with the lack of oldbie players, nothing very valuable is being traded off. Events are hardly being held now. Bomboria has been overrun by pets (which means bomboria has suffered with HUGE lag), and things are just falling apart. Kingdom leaders arnt always on much, and kingdom activity has nearly died off. It also seems that everyone has forgotten the proper ways of RPing, because I dont see anyone RPing anymore.

Please, dont post stupid comments in this thread, because I can see that some of you will. I am very serious in making this thread. I was attracted to GK when I first played it, but now, its like the servers dead.

Leveling is extremely hard, events arnt being held as much as before, the flow of valuable items has stopped/died, and most oldbies have left already. Everytime I talk to staff about things, they either say things are fine or they tell me that they cant do anything. People are abusing glitches/scamming like crazy....GK is really falling apart. The sad thing is, that by the time the staff attempt to fix things up, it might already be too late.

This isnt a thread for bashing, it's really a concern. Such a great server, and its dying.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:49 AM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet
Bad stuff, why?
It's pretty crazy that I got fired from GP, isn't it?
Old 04-22-2005, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hour
It's pretty crazy that I got fired from GP, isn't it?
GK needs a lot more then just a GP.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:06 AM
Debaglio is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Debaglio Send a message via AIM to Debaglio Send a message via Yahoo to Debaglio
Eating ice cream

I have noticed Gambit. It is not that GK has died.....its that we have realized that the RP aspect of the game was not liked by many and we have taken it underground.

As a leader of ZR, I am constantly RP'ing with a select few individuals. I hold mini events the island all the time.

I have also noticed the "flex" attitude of the oldbies that still exist to log. They sit in Bomb trade with their one of a kind gear, and turn down offers all day long. Its funny.... the rare items that I have aquired..... im talking about the ZSoH, Love Axe, and couple of belts, I did not pay a dime for.... or a plat at that. They were given to me for my ability to RP.

Which brings me to my next point..... the almighty USD. I am under the influence that most of the people that have the unique items are holding off for USD. I have seen a lot of this go on.... and I REALLY HATE THE FACT THAT PEOPLE USE THEIR RL MONETARY MEANS TO AQUIRE THINGS.

If I was an old player..... I would also not like this....and probably stop playing becuase of the temptation to sell.

Bottom line..... GK is not dead. Sure the old guys you used to play with are gone.... yeah.... leveling... well there is a reason it is hard..... to keep you around. Brutals.... I find them all day long.

If you wish to step it up Gambit.... come to ZR.

Ohhh... before I go.... Im glad that Raziel got elected Event Master.... cause he does nothing.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:12 AM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaglio

Ohhh... before I go.... Im glad that Raziel got elected Event Master.... cause he does nothing.

Maybe you haven't been on when he hosts events? I've seen him host just as much as me and I try to hold atleast an event a day.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:20 AM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
Quote:
GK needs a lot more then just a GP.
I'm only joking [:
Old 04-22-2005, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaglio
If you wish to step it up Gambit.... come to ZR.

Do you even know who your fellow members are? I've been in ZR for a very long time now x-x

Anyways, USD is the only way to get things now, and even with RL money on the line, people still scam.

This is why I dislike Graal, because of the immature kids that actually plan there days on how they will make players have a horrible time.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:39 AM
gwtfc***mattrs/gpsof
Splke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Splke Send a message via Yahoo to Splke
Quoting my good friend DragonX on this,

"GK has been on a downward spiral since it opened".

Face it, it's true. GK has been "dead" for almost a year now, when it became apparent to us all that unless you have 500+ USD to spend, you will not acquire the gear you need.

Thankfully for me, I cashed out 3-4 times, so I'm happy. But unfortunately that only supports this thread's main reasoning and worries -- USD owns everything.

It provides most people a stimulate to continue playing, rather then play for the game. Play for the money, as people observed when I, Brad, MarkB and Torankusu played.

Now it seems that all of this has been overcast by a new ringlord, of course I speak of Deophite who has managed to rid the game of it's "novice" stages.

A recent "haha funny" IM reached me with him sending a mass, "Trading +12 Immortal Frost shield for 150 Diamonds".. Now, allow me to justify this action .. oh wait, nevermind, he only bought it for 20$ so I guess it's an even trade!

Not only this, but so many threads have come along with much greater ambition to help GK (lordbosh, GhostPirate, everybodys friend Geno) and they have all gone unnoticed by Stefan and Co. , as if the server doesn't matter. And this was BEFORE Zone or Graal3D was even being planned, hell, they were talking about Graal for a gameboy, rather then notice the threads upon threads that condemned the game..

What can I say other then Blame Stefan. "Blame Canada, blame Canada!"

Thanks for hearing me out, I just hope you all understand that unless somebody physical chokes Stefan, I doubt he is going to take much notice of this thread - or hell, even the fact that the 1-3 month periods gaping his logging onto GK are usually just for "updates" , which suck as much ass as everything else..

I've been there for GK, I've been a player since it openned, and now all I can do is point and laugh at the server, for it has been destroyed beyond repair but not only poor management, but horrible conduct from the players themselves (myself included).

Sorry, but pack up and leave now, return another day when/if GK is restored to a greater good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
No, that would look stupid, shut your stupid face, stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
In the words of the great Argosax

WOOHOO BOOBIES
Old 04-22-2005, 04:42 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Bleh, GK was cool for a while. Then stefan let people like Jagen **** with stuff; eventually if someone didn't get stuff from him, they would tell stefan they lost this and that from bugs, actually abuse a bug, or just buy **** for USD...

GK is screwed. G2k1 is screwed. Graal is screwed.

BTW, all Graal ever was, was a fancy chat room anyway.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:47 AM
Most likely the debug staff must be planning something to fix up GK, but the thing is, it will most likely be too late when they start/finish/release this stuff anyways. The old players wont return because most of them dont even get on the server/search the forums, so they would think GK is still the same.

The server king is the person who has the most money and who has invested the most money (RL money) into the game. I give this title to Deo. He owns now, but it cost him A LOT (as in over $1k..maybe even over $2k-$4k) of money out of his own pocket.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:48 AM
Methril is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Please, dont post stupid comments in this thread, because I can see that some of you will.
You can't see something that has not happend.

I can see

you will
Old 04-22-2005, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methril
You can't see something that has not happend.

I can see

you will

This is a good example of a reason why GK is how it is. The players and there lack of thinking beyond the text (I.E whats infront of them). Methril, it's just an expression. I didnt mean it literally x-x
Old 04-22-2005, 04:53 AM
gwtfc***mattrs/gpsof
Quote:
Most likely the debug staff must be planning something to fix up GK, but the thing is, it will most likely be too late when they start/finish/release this stuff anyways. The old players wont return because most of them dont even get on the server/search the forums, so they would think GK is still the same.

The server king is the person who has the most money and who has invested the most money (RL money) into the game. I give this title to Deo. He owns now, but it cost him A LOT (as in over $1k..maybe even over $2k) of money out of his own pocket.

1 ) People have been saying that they're "planning something to fix up GK" for a long, long time.

2 ) Deophite spent 1,000$ on Blood Rings alone, you make the estimate on the rest of it okay pal?
Quote:
Quote:

WOOHOO BOOBIES
Old 04-22-2005, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splke
Deophite spent 1,000$ on Blood Rings alone

To think...I dont even have enough money to constantly reupgrade my account when needed >.<

Hrmm....more monsters that give HIGH exp that can be accessed without maps would be nice. Lords hardly appear now for some weird reason (they use to appear all the time), and even when they do, they give really bad exp (low exp).
Old 04-22-2005, 05:00 AM
gwtfc***mattrs/gpsof
Quote:
Originally Posted by zell12
Bleh, GK was cool for a while. Then stefan let people like Jagen **** with stuff; eventually if someone didn't get stuff from him, they would tell stefan they lost this and that from bugs, actually abuse a bug, or just buy **** for USD...
Wait wait, hahaha, you're blaming Jagen? Excal, you suprise me sometimes. Quit making it seem like the things that effected you the most/worst were the reasons for downfall, Jagen was actually a fairly good admin. He just liked cybering with asians -shrugs-

James was the true blue corruption on GK, and even that isn't why GK sucks. If anything, James openned up the game to a lovely new stream of items, which I am glad to say are still around today.. oh wait, my Bandits got deleted and Craguis' weren't. ****ing Kangaroo's Lance.
Quote:
Quote:

WOOHOO BOOBIES
Closed Thread