Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-07-2005, 02:31 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Talking

people flock to UN because there are many people on UN, it has pretty good levels and weapons along with skills, however I define a server as good by truly unique scripting and features. With many interseting GFX and levels. Teamwork is something that is missing from many servers, though I have seen some servers with it. I personally think the best clasic and non-dev server...(heh because if it were dev, I would say Dark Rival, obvious reasons )...is maloria, because they fit many of these features. There are problems with all servers though. That's why I'm glad I own my own server, because I can make it perfect
Old 09-07-2005, 02:31 AM
my name isn't bold, HA!
NeoJenova will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NeoJenova Send a message via Yahoo to NeoJenova
After reading some harsh comments about UN, I won't argue with any of you even though I may feel you are horribly wrong.

I will just say good luck with each and everyone one of your playerworld projects I wish them the best of luck and hope they are highly successful with high playercounts and a thriving community.

LOVE,
NeoJenova (Unholy Nation Manager)

Old 09-07-2005, 02:36 AM
Banned
not bashing UN, I think its a great server, however, it is rather random, and does not fit into a medieval catagory, the levels are good, and the scripting is above par, it's just not for some people, and there are better levels and scripts out there. It works for your server though, obviously. When I first started playing graal, I played UN alot because it had many people on it. (Which is now one on UN's downfalls). I'm willing to bet many new players do the same thing, which increases the ammount of new people on the server, and also increases the overall number of people on, UN has some major lag troub;e because of this, among other reasons
Old 09-07-2005, 03:02 AM
bef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bef Send a message via MSN to bef
After reading some harsh comments about UN, I won't argue with any of you even though I may feel you are horribly wrong.

I will just say good luck with each and everyone one of your playerworld projects I wish them the best of luck and hope they are highly successful with high playercounts and a thriving community.

LOVE,
NeoJenova (Unholy Nation Manager) [/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
not bashing UN, I think its a great server, however, it is rather random, and does not fit into a medieval catagory, the levels are good, and the scripting is above par, it's just not for some people, and there are better levels and scripts out there. It works for your server though, obviously. When I first started playing graal, I played UN alot because it had many people on it. (Which is now one on UN's downfalls). I'm willing to bet many new players do the same thing, which increases the ammount of new people on the server, and also increases the overall number of people on, UN has some major lag troub;e because of this, among other reasons
See, I think the only two things Unholy Nation has going for it is the playercount and the staff team... These ARE two very important aspects of a server, though they don't make the server good!

If people are incapable of trying a new server then UN will be at the top until it is eventually shut down, or Graal's management could try a playerworld rotation policy that goes something like this; Playercounts aren't displayed and each week Graal "features" a playerworld, like promotes it and such... So for example, this week could be "N-Pulse" week, so it immediately goes to the top of the list and Graal writes a feature about it on it's website, then next week it goes to the bottom and another server takes it's place.

People like to play where they think the action is, until they have found a place which they like because of it's content, so some kind of reformed version of my rotation policy could work quite effictively if Graal wants to spread out it's players.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:05 AM
V Avatar
LordMatt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LordMatt
a server that keeps me busy and lag free.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:21 AM
I am the trap
Shiftk03- will become famous soon enough
Unholy Nation isn't a server. It is a dating simulator. Just ask gokucloudssj3bulmatrunks {lokin 4 gf} {leder o f cewl giez}.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:28 AM
The Shaded Leg
James205 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to James205 Send a message via AIM to James205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Remove display of current playercount and sort by name.
You know what... I really like that idea.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:03 AM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftk03-
Unholy Nation isn't a server. It is a dating simulator. Just ask gokucloudssj3bulmatrunks {lokin 4 gf} {leder o f cewl giez}.
That's sexy.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:06 AM
Banned
true you see the fake tags on UN VERY ofter it is a more noob oriented server, but it's a great place to start playing graal
Old 09-07-2005, 04:20 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Remove display of current playercount and sort by name.

But half of the players of UN would come on the forums and post, looking for the name of the server they used to play on "0mg! my serber has ben eraset! pleas help me, oyah, a/sl/?"
Old 09-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
Quote:
*starts playing on UN 24/7*
*agrees with featured playerworld* kinda like a featured mod where there is a short article about the server and what it has to offer.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Using account: Meph
diagram is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Quote material, my friend.

New forum account: Meph
Old 09-08-2005, 01:00 AM
Classic Systems Admin
Polo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Polo
Its simple. A new player logs on for the first time and picks the server with the highest player count. Its a fair assumption that the one with the most players cant be too bad. They play a while, maybe join a guild, make some friends etc.. then they have no reasopn to move elsewhere.

Personally I feel Shaded Legends is one of the best servers, and of course Classic (Though I'm biased ), but as SL has a low playercount, its very hard for it to attract new players. The best server will always be the one where your friends are.

Proof that the staff are crazy..
*Ghost Pirate: I'm a little teacup short and stubbe here is my raygun here is my butt
DragonX: Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Our eggo waffles have been stolen! To the batmobile Robin!
X-Mann (RC): I have a head ache
Old 09-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Banned
Chicken_l33t is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeh, but I will. for all you people bashing UN, stop being so dense. People "flock" not because of the player count (I'm sure it helps), but because of the reason it has such a wide range of things to do.

It has everything from "standard Graal stuff" like sparring, PKing, simulated dating and intercourse, to Guns, Events, RPG systems, etc.

It has a massive range of things to do. I spent like 2-3 hours leveling in the RPG quest. Which I found to be extremely fun and challenging.

The people who have posted to bash UN are completley oblivious to what UN offers because they have not obviously spent the time of day on UN. and are just jelous the playworld they play doesn't get the playercount.

If UN was taken away. and the playercount switched to another server. I bet the bash would switch to 'That server is the sux it only has playercount cause UN has gone! If My serber was behind UN at the time it would of been teh owage'.

People, face it.. UN aint a Fad. It has alot of stuff to keep it fresh and exciting, and a wide range of things to do whilst there are no Events Team on.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Banned
so you're saying people like UN because UN is graal with A.D.D.? Most people find ritalin makes things better for a reason.