Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-25-2005, 03:59 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
dont hire angel back? and more things to do people left last time it was brought back becuse kingdoms wernt released and well after you collected the npcs and did the 3 quest it was just a pking server and why pk there when you can somewhere else?
Old 05-25-2005, 05:28 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
ONE MORE WEEK.
Rock tags will most certainly kill us all.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:33 AM
Cult of the Winky
Amagius is on a distinguished road
oasis screenshots plz.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:41 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
Rock tags will most certainly kill us all.
SIX MORE DAYS
Old 05-25-2005, 06:01 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
SIX MORE DAYS
You'll miss me sweety.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz5
comments...
I'll work something into a storyline... I'm thinking of removing the bomy moon, as it's an annoying waste of space and not really worth developing on.

I will most likely use the old body template I created. With the seperated clothing and stuff. However I'm not sure how new bodies would affect the old combat... An HP system would have to be made (resembling the classic yin-yang style) but I don't want it to suffer from all the faults of the other triggeraction systems to date. =( Updated/new tiles for everything. I won't leave any of them out. As for jobs, removing pressing of buttons will be tough but I'll try to come up with something. Also have to make sure the steps process isn't tiresome. About kingdoms... I'm staying away from them right now. They are a huge undertaking all their own.

Skills would be fun, but I wouldn't want them affecting combat. To solve the problem of people advancing in the "best" skills, couldn't we possibly create more good skills than you can possibly max out? Then you can't pick all the best ones. =P Question... would it be possible to lose your skill in something? Could you increase a different skill which would decrease another?

Items... I may use my Oasis system here. The ring system was used a lot on 2k1 (for hats, food, instruments, etc) I figure why not just incorporate the whole inventory into that. With the new body ganis there would be stuff like shoes, belts, hats, shields, swords, tunics, coats, etc. (tunic because obviously the old graalian bodies were too chubby for pants) Hats would be redrawn and a lot of the crappy ones would be removed.

Bomy Battling... not certain about that. It's an idea I've considered though. Different unstick me points would be excellent. Instead of getting rid of the Draisine (since it's a cool thing) why not have it break down or something after so much riding? Maybe you have to craft the draisine yourself instead of getting it for free? No idea about magic, but magic would really go in a different direction than 2k1 ever was. I want to keep a "feel" about the server. Sleeping to heal gone? Well... Would have to see once there are more foods and stuff worked out. But I think it could be a possibility that you can't heal from beds or pots. (the pot thing was too familiar to zelda anyway)

Quote:
comments...
Agreed. It's always been confusing as to where the jobs/quests/items and stuff are. There should at least be hints of some kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter
comments...
I'm not sure I'm allowed to use those kingdoms. They weren't part of 2k1 when I was manager and I really doubt that Lance would let me use them, and I'm not going to go around Lance and ask Stefan for them either.

Expanding the overworld would be a lot of trouble. I saw someone's overworld expansion for 2k1 that was 3 times the size of the current 2k1 world. I mean really, did we ever get too crowded at the peak of 2k1's popularity? I don't ever recall the need for more land. There are plenty of undeveloped areas right on 2k1 that could be filled in. (like the bush farm in harmonia, wtf? hehe)

--

As for things to do... Well the new clothing thing will at least give people something else to do. As you would no longer be able to just set your body to a graphic. You have to buy/find/trade for your clothes. I'd like to fix up the events and incorporate some new ones as well. Also want to do more for bomies/bomy pets. Quests that you could repeat for prizes would be helpful as well.

and no Kaimetsu, there won't be a permadeath system.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Banned
And no rock tags, right???
Old 05-25-2005, 02:27 PM
That one guy!
for quest dont do just pure fedex quest please make it where you get a package and you gotta take it somewhere get something else put them togeather and then it does whatever.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
I'll work something into a storyline... I'm thinking of removing the bomy moon, as it's an annoying waste of space and not really worth developing on.
I agree it's useless... but it is a part of 2k1. Maybe it broke up somehow and floated down river into the southern sea, and you can have some smaller islands down there? I don't know.

Quote:
About kingdoms... I'm staying away from them right now. They are a huge undertaking all their own.
Well I have tons and tons of ideas for them... too many to begin listing here.

Quote:
Skills would be fun, but I wouldn't want them affecting combat. To solve the problem of people advancing in the "best" skills, couldn't we possibly create more good skills than you can possibly max out? Then you can't pick all the best ones. =P Question... would it be possible to lose your skill in something? Could you increase a different skill which would decrease another?
That's the idea yes. But as in any game there are usually skills or whatever that are obviously more effective so most people end up choosing them. As for anything beyond that I'm not too sure, but I like the direction so far.

Quote:
Bomy Battling... not certain about that. It's an idea I've considered though.
Come on you know you want it.

Quote:
Instead of getting rid of the Draisine (since it's a cool thing) why not have it break down or something after so much riding? Maybe you have to craft the draisine yourself instead of getting it for free?
Actually yes I like that better. And slow it down atleast a bit... you could really fly in that thing which would be pretty hard for one person.

Quote:
No idea about magic, but magic would really go in a different direction than 2k1 ever was. I want to keep a "feel" about the server.
I completely understand what you're saying but would love to see it for RPing. Maybe magic used only during kingdom events?

Quote:
Expanding the overworld would be a lot of trouble.
Yes there is a lot of wasted space in the overworld. And actually now that there would be a time span where players haven't played it it would be perfect for redoing a bunch of areas such as the desert in the southeast and the useless railroad park. When the players were gone the land was still developing.

Quote:
As for things to do... Well the new clothing thing will at least give people something else to do. As you would no longer be able to just set your body to a graphic. You have to buy/find/trade for your clothes. I'd like to fix up the events and incorporate some new ones as well. Also want to do more for bomies/bomy pets. Quests that you could repeat for prizes would be helpful as well.
That's exactly what I was thinking, basically an expansion of hats to your whole clothing. What about different weapons? Again, they are just for looks and wouldn't effect combat, but would give something else for players to buy/find/trade.

Old 05-25-2005, 04:30 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
You'll miss me sweety.
Yeah I will
Old 05-25-2005, 08:13 PM
V Avatar
LordMatt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LordMatt
Yes, no more bomy moon, Jinns island please.
Maybe put hearts back and no more HP bar, I find it annoying.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:09 PM
That one guy!
i liked the hp bar. also for a example on what i ment about like how not to use fedex quest like you find a string and a peice of wood or something then you take it to a old dude to make you a bow insted of running a arrend for him.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:45 PM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not sure I'm allowed to use those kingdoms. They weren't part of 2k1 when I was manager and I really doubt that Lance would let me use them, and I'm not going to go around Lance and ask Stefan for them either.
Would it hurt to ask him? Maybe he'd like to work with you on it. I think the new Kingdoms were pretty keen.

Quote:
Expanding the overworld would be a lot of trouble. I saw someone's overworld expansion for 2k1 that was 3 times the size of the current 2k1 world. I mean really, did we ever get too crowded at the peak of 2k1's popularity? I don't ever recall the need for more land. There are plenty of undeveloped areas right on 2k1 that could be filled in. (like the bush farm in harmonia, wtf? hehe)
Yeah, that was the one I started because I needed more room for Bellasera. I just figured I'd make an entire layout to go with it. :P I definatly don't expect the 2k1 overworld to get four times larger anytime soon (if ever) but the land is there to use as you need it. Just block off the areas that aren't developed and only detail far enough out of site so that it looks like the world keeps going normally. Yes there is alot of undeveloped space on 2k1s current overworld, but why cram as much as you can into it? Why not leave some space as is? With trees and the like. You don't need to be 'over-crowded' to warrent expanding the overworld. Exploring is fun.

On the overworld note: I'm not sure I was completely happy with the new layout of Mount Antora... Too many trees I think. That could be something worth looking into.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:31 AM
Cult of the Winky
Amagius is on a distinguished road
Skills should not affect combat.

ConsideringSkills should not affect combat.

Considering that Graal 2001’s roots are based around an economic system, shouldn’t the skills relate to such? To make sure that the skills are equally chosen, the professions will feed off each other. Every profession can make currency on its own, but with the work of other people, can earn even more for both sides.

Second point; the draisine should not require any crafting process or have a breaking down of any sort. Its in the interest of Graal 2001 to not make everything tedious. Then, you stem into the idealism of an MMORPG -- and honestly, MMORPG’s are BASED around tedium, which is not something I want Graal 2001 being.

Tertiary point; Crafting should have not have the incessant mashing of buttons. Nothing else to say about it. Auto-D programs should not be a problem. plz.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amagius
Skills should not affect combat.

ConsideringSkills should not affect combat.

Considering that Graal 2001’s roots are based around an economic system, shouldn’t the skills relate to such? To make sure that the skills are equally chosen, the professions will feed off each other. Every profession can make currency on its own, but with the work of other people, can earn even more for both sides.

Second point; the draisine should not require any crafting process or have a breaking down of any sort. Its in the interest of Graal 2001 to not make everything tedious. Then, you stem into the idealism of an MMORPG -- and honestly, MMORPG’s are BASED around tedium, which is not something I want Graal 2001 being.

Tertiary point; Crafting should have not have the incessant mashing of buttons. Nothing else to say about it. Auto-D programs should not be a problem. plz.
You're right on all accounts. Skills wouldn't affect combat. I don't want anyone having any advantage over people in combat except for REAL skill. Which means no speed boots or improved weapons or anything. Which also means I will probably have to make the characters walk a bit faster because the default classic speed is extremely slow.

You made an interesting point with the jobs. I want to incorporate some things into the server that would benefit players if they worked together. Maybe a job that required multiple people? (that way you can involve friends or make new friends) Maybe a system to let people forge there seperate items together to make something else?

You're also right about the draisine. The idea that came to my head would basically be pulling away from what I wanted 2k1 to be. Simple and easy and fun. Involving breaking down things and having to craft items you didn't have to craft before would be annoying. I'm not sure slowing down the draisine would work either, because players could move pretty fast on foot in the first place. Though draisines can reach places you can't get to on foot.

As for jobs... I'll see what I can come up with. If I don't find the jobs fun, I'll just keep changing them until they are.

---

As for progress so far... I've been mainly working on graphics. I'm mostly done with the new GUI graphics and I scripted them to show on screen in the proper places. I've been doing tiles each day and so far I have new grass, tall grass, new fences, and new dirt (though the dirt might be changed). Once I get everything all put together I'll provide screenshots for people to tell me what they like/dislike about it.