Old 05-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Graal needs more advertising or something, we need more players
Old 05-19-2005, 01:23 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
yes it does but it also needs some fixes moderating playerworlds, not to mention a incentive to make playerworlds.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:56 AM
married to Okilian
Okilian will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Okilian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness
Graal needs more advertising or something, we need more players
There are a bunch of online sites that have ratings of online games. One of the other games I play gives a small incentive if you vote for the game's site, thus attracting it to be higher on the list..thus few more clicks to visit graalonline.com.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:03 PM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Ever since everything got p2p'ized, it's been a downward spiral of population. You just haven't been around long enough to see that.
Wasn't one of the reasons that you actually had to p2p everyone complainting about the ghost mode waiting to get in?
Old 05-19-2005, 03:39 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
I more see graal as an instrument. An instrument to make your own world. Your own game. And then to see and play the worlds and games that other people have made. Most of the good developers on graal most likely plan to be video game designers when the time comes. I know I do. I think more and more people are trying to do the staff thing, rather than play graal. Unfortunately most of them aren't good at it, and never will be. I honestly don't think graal is so much dying as it is becoming less of a playable experience. I often play graal, Maloria, to be precise. Extremely well done servers like that are where all the players go. If the good developers would spend their time on original, good servers like Maloria, or Aeon, or any other well done server then graal's popularity would most likely increase majorly. Unfortunately most of the servers that graal boasts about are not very well done in my opinion. Like N-Pulse, I think most of that server has extremely bad levels, and not much playability, or much to do. Many other server's are like that as well. You take a server like Maloria and there are a hundred different things to do at any on time, maybe even more.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 05-19-2005, 05:23 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
I disapprove of your name.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 05-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by syltburk
Wasn't one of the reasons that you actually had to p2p everyone complainting about the ghost mode waiting to get in?
The time when people had to wait "in line" was when GraalOnline wasn't hosting other servers, when other servers were using 1.28 or 1.3 GServers. GraalOnline took it upon themselves to offer all those GServers free server space, then they turned around and said that holding those servers were too expensive, and charged for them.

If GraalOnline was really as good-intentioned as it originally tried to appear, then they would have continued releasing GServers with the latest Graal updates and they would have not hunted down the remaining of the GServers. Instead, they harvested the work others did. It continues to this day.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:09 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I disapprove of your name.
O.o?

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 05-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
GraalOnline took it upon themselves to offer all those GServers free server space, then they turned around and said that holding those servers were too expensive, and charged for them.
We never started to charge for the server space for servers like Classic or Atlantis. The playerworld space renting is good for both sides because people can open servers without needing to make tons of levels and submitting them and waiting months to get the approvement, and we have more time to work on improving the game instead of verifying the quality of levels which Graal players would like to do for us anyway.

Quote:
Instead, they harvested the work others did.
Did Valve create Counterstrike? No, but they still made most of their money with the hype around that. Graal is not a normal game where the game company hires an amount of gfx people who work 6 months on the project, then release the thing in shop or as online game and 2 years later it is dieing.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
I've never played Counterstrike nor do I really know anything about it (it's a shooter, I think, and I'm not even remotely sure of that).

GraalOnline does charge users for the full use of those playerworlds though, through the players, does it not?

Why did GraalOnline stop releasing GServer?
Old 05-20-2005, 11:08 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Did Valve create Counterstrike? No, but they still made most of their money with the hype around that. Graal is not a normal game where the game company hires an amount of gfx people who work 6 months on the project, then release the thing in shop or as online game and 2 years later it is dieing.
Didnt the CS team get payed later on anyway? They WERE producing CD's mainly for CS and such...
Old 05-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx
You personally tried to attack Era and Unholy Nation, can you try again please?
He did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 05-22-2005, 09:17 PM
V Avatar
LordMatt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LordMatt
Graal2001....
Old 05-22-2005, 09:40 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
You know Graal's dying when n00bs begin to complain about it.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
You know Graal's dying when n00bs begin to complain about it.
Not really...new people will sometimes copy older players to fit in, a lot of the people who complain about things seem to not even know what they are complaining about, which is sad....
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST