Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-06-2002, 02:35 PM
Banned
mastervampire is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mastervampire
Quote:
Originally posted by unixmad
That's completly false, 3d terrain come from our own idea not from New World.

Frankly speaking, what is the goal to known what come from what ? Let’s work together to make G2K2 more interesting and don’t put most of your time fighting and complaining because after a while that really make me escape forums.

Hey, mind you don't trip the alarm when you move into your new office.

-Brett
Old 06-06-2002, 10:58 PM
Wishing he had 3 feet
Saga2001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Saga2001 Send a message via AIM to Saga2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Saga2001
My original plan was to real all posts and then try to reply to everyone. The possibility of NewWorld being canceled somes to mind, however that really would be the ultimate bash from Unixmad and Stefan, I can assure you that if they tried to say, "Well sorry guys, NewWorld is canceled." There would be massive outrage from anyone working on the NewWorld Project, because they put their time into it, and now Stefan and Unixmad (more Unixmad, as he manages NewWorld) have as Bird has pointed out put Graal2002 first in ever situation, and personally I don't feel that it is right to just leave all the other servers like that. However, only time will tell. I believe that although Stefan and Unixmad have been able to traverse to here, I think the staff (not just Birdbird_0) are all starting to feel used, and actually they are using underage people to make money, which we don't have to do, but we do because most of us enjoy it. I believe that we deserve some respect back from them. How about it Stefan and Unixmad? Can you get dserver back online or get Kyle the database data? Its not some kind of BIG problem...

!Wan ( 11:27:55 AM):
can i c ur scripts please?
Zorg (RC): If I hear NPC Server call Ne0, Past Austin or Brent sexy one more time im disconnecting it
Old 06-06-2002, 11:14 PM
Wishing he had 3 feet
Send a message via ICQ to Saga2001 Send a message via AIM to Saga2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Saga2001
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Sword fithing will probably be made better, less freezing, more combos
This amazes me! You can come here, see the thread subject, and make no comment on the outrage people are feeling!?

Quote:
Qriginally posted by unixmad

Frankly speaking, what is the goal to known what come from what ? Let’s work together to make G2K2 more interesting and don’t put most of your time fighting and complaining because after a while that really make me escape forums.
Well now we know you are capable of lying too. Just because 3D terrain wasn't developed ESPECIALLY for NewWorld, it doesn't count that they were the first to use it? Well maybe the correct phrase to "the first to be your gunie pigs". I am getting angrier and etc, maybe this is really the time to quit, you can't treat paying customers who help YOU with ideas like **** one way or another. We have all been treated like **** and you just keep doing it, one of these days, you'll see what it gets you when Graal fails because the managers are *******s who don't listen to what customers want, go sell some ****ing accounts to someone else, cause I am never buying one ever again.

:grrr:

Zorg (RC): If I hear NPC Server call Ne0, Past Austin or Brent sexy one more time im disconnecting it
Old 06-07-2002, 12:00 AM
Banned
xxRamzaxx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xxRamzaxx
Quote:
Originally posted by Saga2001

This amazes me! You can come here, see the thread subject, and make no comment on the outrage people are feeling!?

Well now we know you are capable of lying too. Just because 3D terrain wasn't developed ESPECIALLY for NewWorld, it doesn't count that they were the first to use it? Well maybe the correct phrase to "the first to be your gunie pigs". I am getting angrier and etc, maybe this is really the time to quit, you can't treat paying customers who help YOU with ideas like **** one way or another. We have all been treated like **** and you just keep doing it, one of these days, you'll see what it gets you when Graal fails because the managers are *******s who don't listen to what customers want, go sell some ****ing accounts to someone else, cause I am never buying one ever again.

Use this as a chance to fight it and keep working hard on your own game. Once thats completed, let it Rival Graal

I agree though with you completely. They are taking no consideration in for New World and thats wrong. The least they could do would either setup a server for the NW team or give them the supplies to do it themselves.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:24 AM
!_!
Metal-Slug is on a distinguished road
I do not think that they are purposley saying, "Nahhh, we don't like new world, screw em" But New World is not Cyberjoueur's project, it is Kyle and the rest of the team's. I do know the could try harder getting the DServer back online. BUT THEY DONT HAVE TO, IT IS NOT thier project. They are doing what any business men would do, and worry about thier own crap.

Er1c2 loaded the local ban info of Loriel-2002 RC
Old 06-07-2002, 12:42 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

You depress me.
Old 06-07-2002, 04:50 AM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Quote:
Originally posted by Metal-Slug
I do not think that they are purposley saying, "Nahhh, we don't like new world, screw em" But New World is not Cyberjoueur's project, it is Kyle and the rest of the team's. I do know the could try harder getting the DServer back online. BUT THEY DONT HAVE TO, IT IS NOT thier project. They are doing what any business men would do, and worry about thier own crap.

Hmm... Since it's not really Cyberjoueur's project.... It would be on the regular playerworld list if it wasn't good enough. haha.

It was and is Cyberjoueur supported though. Otherwise they wouldn't have had to write up that proposal oh so long ago. Whoever wrote it I don't recall. was a long time ago.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 06-07-2002, 07:50 AM
Psychopathic
Shorty2Dope is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shorty2Dope Send a message via Yahoo to Shorty2Dope
Quote:

Bye, oh and go find another game and go tell some software company your wants and needs, see how far you get.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:59 AM
!_!
Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty2Dope

Bye, oh and go find another game and go tell some software company your wants and needs, see how far you get.

extremely true. graal's staff is so close to the players, your wants are noticed

Old 06-07-2002, 08:00 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Just because 3D terrain wasn't developed ESPECIALLY for NewWorld, it doesn't count that they were the first to use it?
Looks at it from their point of view. Stefan develops a new drawing system for NW, and then watches as NW fails to make any sort of tangible progress over a period of a few months. Are they to keep this technology in the shadows, reserved for some project that shows no signs of ever being completed? Not many people know the true origins of G2K2. Not many people realise that it was only produced when NW failed to live up to what it promised.

Bottom line: The technology belongs to Stefan and Unixmad, not to the NW crew. I support New World whenever it is reasonable to do so, but now is not one of those times. Faced with the same situation that Stefan is in, I would've pulled the plug on it long ago.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:42 PM
Wishing he had 3 feet
Quote:
Otiginally posted by Shorty2Dope
If you READ my post, and understood it, you might get my point. I don't think anyone really got my point. Personally, if Stefan / Unixmad would've posted:
"Yes, indeed we have decided to cancel the NewWorld Project, please don't think of it any further. Also our apologies go out to those who have worked so hard on the project, this is a company project, and companies cannot invest time and money in projects that aren't seeming to go anywhere."
I would have been pleased, however instead, although Unixmad got angry at us for wanting something, or inquireing about something because we are curious and somewhat mentioned the NewWorld Project, Stefan instead only posted about the fighting system on Graal2002, is he trying to avoid something? Personally I do not know, however I have seen in this thread many arguments as to why people like NewWorld, and want to see it flourish, and I think maybe a good plan would be to just give the entire project to the NewWorld team and see how far they can get on their own. I mean the DClient Software was written by a team member, so it would appear that the NewWorld team are pretty capable, you just have to get them excited.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

Looks at it from their point of view. Stefan develops a new drawing system for NW, and then watches as NW fails to make any sort of tangible progress over a period of a few months. Are they to keep this technology in the shadows, reserved for some project that shows no signs of ever being completed? Not many people know the true origins of G2K2. Not many people realise that it was only produced when NW failed to live up to what it promised.

Bottom line: The technology belongs to Stefan and Unixmad, not to the NW crew. I support New World whenever it is reasonable to do so, but now is not one of those times. Faced with the same situation that Stefan is in, I would've pulled the plug on it long ago.
This is a good point, and it is very true, it just seems very unfair to me.

Old 06-07-2002, 10:53 PM
!_!
Quote:
how is it unfair? im sure if we didnt utilize it when we got it, Graal 2230 would have it ( which they probably do, so what? )

Old 06-08-2002, 12:28 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:

I agree that there's a lack of communication between Stefan/Unixmad and the NW team, but I think it was perfectly reasonable for them to release the terrain to the public. I can't imagine any sane person doing otherwise.
Old 06-08-2002, 12:38 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by unixmad

Im suyre someone else already said this but cant be arsed to read last page! But NW is not 3D its as 3d as Maloria, its basically that tileset (Shallow Water/Grass) is what i mean. Its basically like that!

Also Unixmad: Are you gonan fix it or not then?
Old 06-08-2002, 12:41 AM
UGHH
GraalBR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty2Dope

Actually I would prefer New Word any day, but I don't think it will be coming out within the next 2 years.
I dont even think Graal will last another 2 years nevermind newworld

Time wears you down.
Time will spit on you.
Time marches on.