Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:23 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
After a while of thinking, here's what I think they might have meant as far as the new playerworld hosting goes. I think that the "Dev Pack" is just a way of splitting up playerworld payments into small amounts among several people for those that don't want to pay $100 a year in the normal system. Having 5 people pay $2 a month is much more agreeable to me, really.
That works well if you are prepared to enter development under an equal share environment. For some people, this new pack scheme will be awesome. For some people, (like myself) it just causes worry since we now need to give our ideas amonst atleast 4 other equal stakeholders and not have our ideas ripped apart and ruined.

I hope players can still purchase a server for themselves. Or perhaps buy the 5 dev packs and offer them to potential developers (atleast in this way, you have control over the server in a sense).

[Edit]: Hey! 1k posts. Funky.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Twinny's stuff and cool idea
Hey! I like that idea!

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
I hope players can still purchase a server for themselves. Or perhaps buy the 5 dev packs and offer them to potential developers (atleast in this way, you have control over the server in a sense).
I so, completely agree.
QFT QFT QFT
Old 07-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Desear
UnknownMasterMind is on a distinguished road
Note: I am not psychic nor understand Graal Entirely so I may be wrong about some of my statements, it is just how I see them currently.

I have a couple questions, that regard trial accounts, and "New Zone".

With the new Trial Accounts, I was reading thru and as of what I read Trials will no longer be able to play Gold Servers forever as a trial instead they only have a limited amount of time to play them or they will be as a ghost. And either have to Upgrade or make a new account. Not to be negative but I play Zone and if you were to implement this, Zone would lose many players.

Second, I have a question regarding "USDing" for Zone, I would like to ask would the people only be able to buy "Holiday Weapons"? If so, then I would welcome this update, as it would draw people to play seeing as how they would buy the weapons and want to use them for about 200+ kills or so. The reason I ask this is for the sake of ETs, if they are able to buy Event Weapons then their is no point in Events anymore, and Zone would lose players.

Third, Is not related to "New Zone" or Trial Accounts, but I was wondering if the "Graal Zone" and "Graal Kingdoms" subscription will cost $25 for 1 year, the reason being, you are losing half of the "access value".

I thank you if you reply.

Sincerely,
Desear

Last edited by UnknownMasterMind; 07-12-2007 at 01:17 AM..
Old 07-12-2007, 12:48 AM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownMasterMind View Post
Note: I am not psychic nor understand Graal Entirely so I may be wrong about some of my statements, it is just how I see them currently.

I have couple questions, that regard trial accounts, and "New Zone".

With the new Trail Accounts, I was reading thru and as of what I read Trails will no longer be able to play Gold Servers forever as a trail instead they only have a limited amount of time to play them or they will be as a ghost. And either have to Upgrade or make a new account. Not to be negative but I play Zone and if you were to implement this, Zone would lose many players.

Second, I have a question regarding "USDing" for Zone, I would like to ask would the people only be able to buy "Holiday Weapons"? If so, then I would welcome this update, as it would draw people to play seeing as how they would buy the weapons and want to use them for about 200+ kills or so. The reason I ask this is for the sake of ETs, if they are able to buy Event Weapons then their is no point in Events anymore, and Zone would lose players.

Third, Is not related to "New Zone" or Trial Accounts, but I was wondering if the "Graal Zone" and "Graal Kingdoms" subscription will cost $25 for 1 year, the reason being, you are losing half of the "access value".

I thank you if you replay.

Sincerely,
Desear
Why not give Zone ETs Holiday, or special weapons to be hosted off for those who can't afford the items on GBay.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
I disagree with the whole 5 players thing. You don't really need 5 developers to sustain decent development on a world. Just one good scripter and gfx designer really. I'm not degrading the value of a level maker, but the tools available for generating terrain, levels, and details available are good enough for temporary use.
Maybe setting the minimum to 3 would be good?

And I see a few pages ago people complaining about everyone having equal rights. I think Stefan or Unixmad in the earlier pages said something about the rights being based on the rank set for the accounts joining.
I don't even know if the current guild system is secure. I do know that there is no ip checks for accounts logging into guilds, because the owner of one of the guilds I am in gave me access in the past to his account to work on the guild settings. If an accounts password is compromised there is going to be problems such as the main account getting stolen, and everyone getting booted.

So in the future can we expect some better security when it comes to guilds as well since this system is similar?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:23 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownMasterMind View Post
Since when does a cash shop system replace non-cash shop features? If it were to do that, then it wouldn't be a cash-shop; it would be a P2P feature.

All a cash shop does is make it so that people with lots of money (real money) can further them selves much quicker then someone without (or who chooses not to spend money on a game). The rich get richer the poor get poorer blah blah blah. Many can view it a bad thing to those players that don't utilize the system but it does mean more revenue for Graal and ultimately (from a business standpoint) that should pay it self out.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
The new GUI is insanely ugly - however, it's much easier to navigate/read than the current GUI... so I'd say it's an all around improvement.

Now, when can we expect our clientside swear filter?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The new GUI is insanely ugly - however, it's much easier to navigate/read than the current GUI... so I'd say it's an all around improvement.

If swear filters were made at all, in my opinion, they should have an on/off switch so it can be age-friendly for all; parents who don't want to see swears on a game there child is playing, or just simply someone who doesn't prefer to see swears, can keep it on, and the older audience who enjoys to swear during gameplay can keep it off, so those who want to swear have no reason to evade the filter, and those who'd rather not hear or do any swearing can keep it off.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:45 AM
That guy with a beard
PrinceOfKenshin has a spectacular aura about
Is it out yet i can't wait!

Quote:
Game Master (Server): Greetings PrinceOfKenshin, there are new posts on the forums that demand your urgent attention! God speed, the fate of the world is in your hands. If you fail, middle earth will forever be in the darkness and your children will be enslaved by McKain.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:04 AM
That one guy...
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfKenshin View Post
Is it out yet i can't wait!
I'm sure there will be a huge announcement when it is.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:05 AM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
Stefan said in a week, I dunno could be, could be not.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:07 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You can set that up with RC though I'm not sure if you have to ask Stefan to add it. It can filter pms/chat/toall with different conditions and actions.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:10 AM
That one guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
You can set that up with RC though I'm not sure if you have to ask Stefan to add it. It can filter pms/chat/toall with different conditions and actions.
You gotta edit stuff in the wordfilter/ folder.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:44 AM
Rapidwolve is an unknown quantity at this point
No RC updates?
Closed Thread