Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Retired Oldbie
MrAnonymous_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Weird Problem.

I got on to Ol'West today and I noticed something wrong. For some reasons I could walk across buildings and was randomly floating in the water and sitting in chairs.

I soon figured out that my head and body and hat were floating about 25 tiles above my shadow. I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else.

It is happening on all of the hosted servers but not any of the other servers (Classic or Playerworld)

Here is a screenie of it just to show you.My shadow is right in the middle of the floor:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FloatingPic.png
Views:	198
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	41861  
Old 06-30-2007, 07:49 AM
That guy with a beard
PrinceOfKenshin has a spectacular aura about
Lag problems maybe?

Quote:
Game Master (Server): Greetings PrinceOfKenshin, there are new posts on the forums that demand your urgent attention! God speed, the fate of the world is in your hands. If you fail, middle earth will forever be in the darkness and your children will be enslaved by McKain.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
That GUI reminds me a bit of the one Haro Developed on Zenkou.

As for that problem. I may have come across it before. You may have gone onto a playerworld where the gani was screwed up and so it overwrote yours.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:02 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
player.z = 0;
Old 06-30-2007, 10:45 AM
jetboom is on a distinguished road
Thats Zenkou not Ol West.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Yeah, Server Owners need a one-button "Download All to Folder:" option. ONLY server owners, maybe don't even make it an optional right. They can keep a backup of their own dang server, and Stefan can save the overhead of keeping backups on his own machines.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 06-30-2007, 07:51 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceDark View Post
That GUI reminds me a bit of the one Haro Developed on Zenkou.

As for that problem. I may have come across it before. You may have gone onto a playerworld where the gani was screwed up and so it overwrote yours.
I dont think its the gani, seriously. Know why? It happens to me too, but only with my *Magadal account. I can fix it on Zone with the jetpack, though its bugged on all the other servers. Graal is somewhat around unplayable for me right now, because my other acc (*Crow) is also bugged, because the body attribute is somehow reset all the time I connect to a playerworld.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Is that screeny taken on Zenkou? If not I think those are Zenkou's tiles :-p
Old 06-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Some script has modified the z of the player. It is best to reset the z value at login, do player.z = -51 or so because only values between -50 and +170 are allowed, everything else resets it to the default behaviour where the z is matching the terrain height.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:10 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Then do that somehow. It cant be the servers problem Stefan. It happens to me on all the servers, though only with one of my accounts..
Old 06-30-2007, 09:53 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Some script has modified the z of the player. It is best to reset the z value at login, do player.z = -51 or so because only values between -50 and +170 are allowed, everything else resets it to the default behaviour where the z is matching the terrain height.
Woah. This I did not know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Then do that somehow. It cant be the servers problem Stefan. It happens to me on all the servers, though only with one of my accounts..
Have someone put this in a script for you where you see the problem:
NPC Code:
player.chat = "My player.z is " @ player.z;

Then tell us the result.

Maybe some wierd script on login is doing this to you?
Old 06-30-2007, 10:00 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Its 15, all the time. I set it to 0 with a script, and after reconnecting, it was 15 again. Though it only happens with one of my accounts. What the **** is wrong there?x-x
Old 06-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Retired Oldbie
MrAnonymous_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
No ones told me how I can fix it x.x

And for me it is only happening on Hosted Servers.

How do I add a script to Login?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnonymous_P2P View Post
How do I add a script to Login?

You can't add a script to the Login server, but you can access your Control-NPC to set the player's z when they log on your server.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:12 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Report:
It happens to me on all the hosted servers, on Zone, Atlantis, N-Pulse and Delteria.
I asked some other peeps, they couldnt see I was floating in the air...
Didnt check out all the u/c playerworlds, I guess it also happens there.