Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > Code Gallery
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
Indeed, you can generate one per script or use the level editor (while being in the editing mode, I believe it's the 'M' key)
Some people this "press m" feature is not working for. Also it's better to use other methods for higher quality. The real confusion comes in when you add minimap and finding the right size for them.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Jonko is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Some people this "press m" feature is not working for. Also it's better to use other methods for higher quality. The real confusion comes in when you add minimap and finding the right size for them.
This was my next question. What size should the image of the minimap be?
Old 10-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonko View Post
This was my next question. What size should the image of the minimap be?
size does not matter, as if a players x is 50% along the width of a gmap, any good map system would be drawing the player x 50% along the width of the minimap image too
Old 10-20-2014, 12:58 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
size does not matter, as if a players x is 50% along the width of a gmap, any good map system would be drawing the player x 50% along the width of the minimap image too
I think he was asking a question similar to one I asked before. I had previously asked with not much help if there were limitations to the size of minimaps. For example are minima's that are 1000x1000x pixels even able to be drawn or does the game go, lol no way, and not even try and show it. And to that question I do not have an answer yet. I just found an old minimap and I am using that for now on the project I am doing.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:06 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
I think he was asking a question similar to one I asked before. I had previously asked with not much help if there were limitations to the size of minimaps. For example are minima's that are 1000x1000x pixels even able to be drawn or does the game go, lol no way, and not even try and show it. And to that question I do not have an answer yet. I just found an old minimap and I am using that for now on the project I am doing.
i wouldnt be surprised if the game stopped drawing it at 1024px, but having a "minimap" that large would be ridiculous anyway
Old 10-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Inari is on a distinguished road
Why not have the client draw the map as the player moves along?