Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Looking for talented artists!

Hi there. Some of you probably know me from when I was Dev Admin on Era, but for those who don't, I am salesman. A little over a week ago I started a project I have been planning for quite some time...

Currently nameless, the server [dev salesman] will be a modern-warfare matches server. Yes, I know this has been suggested and attempted before, but please hear me out.

Storyline -

In 2012 the world's economy collapsed. In just a few months, millions died from famine and disease. Nations crumbled and the most brutal war man has ever witnessed began as we fought to control what food and resources were left. While the rest of the world was suffering, one corporation profited beyond belief. This corporation used its immense wealth and power to fund a massive military and offered food and security to those who served. Corrupt to the very core, this company exploited the people for self-gain. They renamed themselves the Global Union to create an illusion of harmony among the people, and soon became the self-proclaimed world power.

Rebellion inevitably broke out. Lead mostly by remnants of old governments, we called ourselves Peoples True Alliance and declared war against the Global Union. We vowed to not stand by and watch this tyrannous monster take control of our lives. Scattered, unorganized, and inexperienced, we had just one thing going for us...a reason to fight.

I know the names suck, but you get the idea.
Any suggestions for better names would be appreciated.

Gameplay - When connecting to the server you will be prompted with a menu:
[Join Game]
[Create Game]
[Player Stats]
[Clan Control]
[Help]

Game modes - Modes will consist of Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, CTF, Conquest, etc

Characters - During and before the match you will be able to choose a "character". You can select from Assault, Medic, Sniper, Explosives Expert, etc. Each character will have his own unique set of weapons and characteristics [medics may move faster than explosives experts].

Stats - Each player will have his/her own detailed stats page that others can view. As you progress, you can unlock new weapons.

I don't want to expose too much information because we're undergoing heavy development, but if you have any questions, send me a forum PM.

::What we need::

Graphic Artists: Tileset, weapons, gui bitmaps, and pretty much everything...dont worry, you won't be alone.

Gani Artists: Mainly weapon ganis, but you may also be asked to create other things.

NATs: Currently this is being covered by myself and Andy, but we may need some more help later on. If you think you can assist in this area, we will talk.

If you are interested in any of these positions contact me via forum PM.

Thanks.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:24 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Sounds very interesting, good luck with everything.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
From everything my brother has shown me I can honestly say that it is absolutely amazing! I really do hope this doesn't collapse.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:16 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Good luck Sales! This is an excellent idea, and I hope to see it on the playerlist soon.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:02 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Thanks guys...hopefully we can put together a talented team to get this thing moving along.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:14 AM
Smalltime008 is on a distinguished road
Good luck. But i warn you. Dont base it too much off call of duty or it wont work
Old 01-29-2009, 03:17 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Goodluck sales love the idea I will play it and support it fosho

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:02 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalltime008 View Post
Good luck. But i warn you. Dont base it too much off call of duty or it wont work
May I ask what your reason to this 'warning' is?

BTW: I have decided to just join sales and Andy with their project, seeing as we all have about the same thing in mind on what we want to do. Might as well work as a solid team and make a successful player world.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:22 AM
Finger lickin' good.
Quote:
Good thing I don't play Call of Doody
Old 01-29-2009, 05:41 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
lol, my old server + diff story. ;p I personally don't like the classes, makes it to much like Zone. Shop + Gun Modification + damagable = where it's at. xD
Old 02-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Finger lickin' good.
Still looking if anyone's interested.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Smalltime008 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
May I ask what your reason to this 'warning' is?

BTW: I have decided to just join sales and Andy with their project, seeing as we all have about the same thing in mind on what we want to do. Might as well work as a solid team and make a successful player world.
Why would anyone play this if they can just play call of duty....?
Old 02-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
I have call of duty for xbox and pc both I can play online, and I am looking forward to playing this server, its a hiring thread not a degrading thread why would you play zone when you can play Call of Duty?

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Graal Developer
Sage_Shadowbane will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Why would anyone play Graal if they could play Zelda.. ? OMI GOOD POINT!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:29 AM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
What happens when we get to December 22nd 2012 and nothing has happened? And this server isn't out yet?

Being female must be an issue for you every month though, right?