Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 11:58 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyruocco View Post
ERA IS A MODERN SERVER YOUR IDEAS ARE NEGLECTING THIS
You own a lightsaber and there's a gang themed around ninjas.

Also, posting my idea that I pm'd this guy, just because it's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345
Zorbis have long been a part of Graal's history. That's right, Zorbis, head10.png. Zorbis. And seeing as Era is a on a coastline, who's to say these pieces of Graal's history don't inhabit those very waters? That's what this gang, the Zorbi Squad, is about. People who believe that the true rulers of this world, the Zorbis, will arise to reclaim the land that was stolen from their depths. The gang is made up of eccentrics who mindlessly support this "master race", as well as Zorbis themselves. While they have "religious zeal" as their main motive, the operate more as just a group of hoodlums.

Quote:
1. Your account/nick and who’s going to run it.
I honestly don't care who's going to run it. I casually play Era, but I don't feel I have enough "street cred" or skill to run a gang. I'm just throwing out ideas.

Quote:
2. A name and complete rank system for the gang (this is a very important step, don’t half ass it.
Zorbi Squad. ZS. The ranks?

The leader rank is "Great White" (aptly named after the king of the deep)

Below Great White are the "Tiger Sharks". There are only two of these, and serve as the Great White's "enforcers"

Below them are:
Man 'o War
Lamprey
Angler
Eel
Scallop

Quote:
3. Your theme you wish to accomplish
Already said most of it. Just a group of freaks and some fish trying to conquer the city.

Quote:
4. Any ideas on the base itself or lack of base. Be unique; don't be like BH/BB/LC
I see the base being located below the bridge. Inside, the first rooms just resemble dank sewers, but further into it, towards the gang "lounge" areas, appear more like a beach, albeit indoors.

Quote:
5. The gang weapon you'd like to receive. I'd love it if you stayed away from the whole gun aspect and went a different route such as an explosive or something very different from the rest. Can be a gun, but needs to fit the theme.
Ok, check it out. A stylized rifle, seaweed hanging off it. It should resemble the stereotypical "pirate gun", wooden with gold trimmings. It ends in a giant crab claw. The rifle itself shoots three bullets, with a small spread, doing 15-20 damage per bullet. Give it a long reload time and short rate of fire, it's pretty much a primitive rifle. But the kicker is the crab claw. It operates like bayonet, becoming the player's melee weapon as well. Pressing S with the gun does a quick stab, 10 damage and minor wound, pressing F is a slower slash that stuns the enemy, doing only 10-15 damage.

As a back up weapon, if allowed, a "puffer fish grenade". When thrown, the puffer fish briefly expands on the ground, exploding in 15 quills. Each quill stuns and wounds the enemy, but only do 5 damage per quill. If possible, the quills shouldn't be able to explode barrels or anything.

Quote:
6. Any rules by which your members will have to go by. I want gangs to start doing more than just hiring a bunch of people to raid, I want them to actually try to organize themselves and have some sort of ranking system made where people work for a ranks and have RULES they MUST follow. But the gang has to be unique and lead well, otherwise who'd care enough to stick around for a rank?
The constant purpose of this gang is to prove Zorbi superiority, and for the humans who join their ranks to outlive the humans who don't believe in the Zorbi cause. The gang tries to maintain a respectable public relations in an effort to get more people in on the cause, and thus have less human enemies. Honestly, not much can be done with this, as Era has little room of "RP" motives.

Quote:
7. Tell me exactly why you think your idea should be uploaded. I want to know your reasoning for your gang. I want to know each and every detail you can give me so I can make a complete decision on it or tell you what needs fixed.
Obviously, I think it should be implemented because I think it's a good idea. I wouldn't have typed this if I thought otherwise. And if it's any help, I can do graphics to a minor extent, and ganis, so hopefully if it is done, I could help make the gun a reality. On top of that, I can do levels to the same extent as Era's staff already does, mediocre at best, so my pathetic levels will fit right in with Era's clunky square levels.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:10 AM
joeyruocco is on a distinguished road
Guess what i don't have a light saber so get your fact right, second there are ninjas in modern time bro, so yeah.

And the zorbi idea isn't that bad the only thing wrong with it s that i don't think there is any legit gun to fit then and thee shouldn't be anymore melee weapons. i still think lance has the best idea
Old 01-29-2009, 01:15 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Quote:
second there are ninjas in modern time bro, so yeah.
yeah they are everywhere

Old 01-29-2009, 02:44 AM
Đucimus.
Nonepwnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nonepwnz
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim5354 View Post
yeah they are everywhere

OMFG, ROFL. Eh he says "there are Ninjas in modern time" but bows not? Gotta be kidding me kid.

Last edited by Nonepwnz; 01-29-2009 at 03:24 AM..
Old 01-29-2009, 02:47 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
What about a "hunter" themed gang? with like.. crossbows and... carabines... and knifes....

just an idea
Old 01-29-2009, 03:23 AM
Đucimus.
Nonepwnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nonepwnz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
What about a "hunter" themed gang? with like.. crossbows and... carabines... and knifes....

just an idea
Almost like mine/zoo's . Knifes, traps, and bows. If you haven't already read it, I suggest you to do it. It's down at the page 3. :]
Old 01-29-2009, 03:31 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
second there are ninjas in modern time bro, so yeah.
I have never seen a ninja street gang.

I have never seen a ninja street gang running around with katanas.

I have never seen a ninja that wasn't slightly overweight and at a convention.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:38 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Kia's idea is awesome, especially the gun, gangs are supposed to have special looking guns I thought?

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:46 AM
Smalltime008 is on a distinguished road
Why not make a gang that uses all bombs like grenades mines and ****? I dont play era but yea.. Might start?
Old 01-29-2009, 04:10 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
make a gang that is actually a gang, most of these ideas are outlandish and would not only make the server look retarded, but have nothing to do with what era is. a gang of hunters, are you for real what animals are there on era to hunt?

Last edited by zim5354; 01-29-2009 at 05:09 AM..
Old 01-29-2009, 06:00 AM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I have never seen a ninja street gang.

I have never seen a ninja street gang running around with katanas.

I have never seen a ninja that wasn't slightly overweight and at a convention.
I have never seen someone get killed and come back to life. (* not including CPR, Jesus, and the works)

In real life, if you use a bandaid you won't be able to logically cover a knife stab.

If you have a problem distinguishing real life from Era you really need to leave.

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 01-29-2009, 06:05 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbarrier99 View Post
If you have a problem distinguishing real life from Era you really need to leave.
If that's the point you're trying to make, you're quoting the wrong person. I'm the guy who suggested fishes with guns.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
If that's the point you're trying to make, you're quoting the wrong person. I'm the guy who suggested fishes with guns.
lol Bravo Online.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 01-29-2009, 10:22 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Need a "muslim extremist" themed gang that get stronger versions of the P4 to suicide bomb with and very slightly uprated ak47's.

I'm actually serious.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Lucas
Yocas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Need a "muslim extremist" themed gang that get stronger versions of the P4 to suicide bomb with and very slightly uprated ak47's.

I'm actually serious.
Ahahahah. +Rep