Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Well that sucks. Fixing people is significantly harder than fixing the game.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:41 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
I think the two are synonymous, especially in the case of Era. People, essentially, are the game. As such, do what it takes to fix the people, such as centering the game around pk and competition. While this may not work, its better than hopping from one quick fix to the next because those eventually run out, y'know?
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 12-22-2013, 01:51 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I suck at sparring and PKing and everybody knows it, I don't care. :o
Old 12-22-2013, 02:06 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
I think the two are synonymous, especially in the case of Era. People, essentially, are the game. As such, do what it takes to fix the people, such as centering the game around pk and competition. While this may not work, its better than hopping from one quick fix to the next because those eventually run out, y'know?
Era evolved, a new generation came along and changed it into what it is, Era will become just like any other "killing" related game, people will die to those better, get mad and get off. Era doesn't have the player-count to handle raging new***s.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:48 AM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Era evolved, a new generation came along and changed it into what it is, Era will become just like any other "killing" related game, people will die to those better, get mad and get off. Era doesn't have the player-count to handle raging new***s.
Probably the best thing you've ever said <3
Old 12-22-2013, 05:14 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HateD- View Post
Probably the best thing you've ever said <3
It's easy for the top-tier players to sit back and say "Era should all be revolved around what I'm good at".

That's just stupid, you have too much experience and skill to completely shift the game in that direction and expect people to like it, everyone will die to the elite over and over, they won't want to seek for/advance in skill, they will quit and find a REAL balanced game.

Half the players that play now only play for the community and the friends they have made, hence the "idlers", they're all friends sitting at "unstick me" using Era as an instant messanger.

What you're asking is basically this in other words/another form; We give you a copy of a game, let you play it for 10 years and get extremely good at it then we release it to a SELECT FEW and watch them die over and over and just expect them to like dying and want to learn not to die.

There will be an obvious disadvantage to 90% of the current players and 100% to every and all new player that join for 5 minutes to see what the game is like, people play games to succeed not to die 100 times and get 1 kill, no one feels accomplishment from that.

You can't expect the player count to get better and better, it won't get better with the minimal advertisement/the amount of people that currently play... It just won't happen.

If you think about it from all angles, Era is about as good as it's going to get right now, I wouldn't put too much money on it lasting more than a couple more years before the PC servers completely get shut offline, just enjoy it and stop complaining about every possible problem. It's still the same old Era that we all fell in-love with, It just doesn't have the same atmosphere as when it did with all of our friends playing at the same time raiding against another set of 70+ players.

Last edited by Godzilla; 12-22-2013 at 01:03 PM..
Old 12-22-2013, 07:00 AM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
its not about that being the best player. its the fact that gangs get better guns that give them an upper hand. it also doesnt help that the guns that compare to gang guns are 500k+ either

every gang gun is a tier 1 which is not fair. it wouldnt be as bad if every gun was in shop not just gang exclusives

idk why you guys took all those guns and snipers out the game anyway. nothing wrong with variety
Old 12-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Godzilla, elite players have always owned bad ones. I mean, a part of becoming elite is to get owned and adapt. I watched scrubs like you gradually become halfway competent enough to not die in some of the retarded ways you once did. Although you each reached a ceiling that was less than impressive, you mewbs were motivated by watching us elite players compete and shun each other for being skill-less. You yearned to be in the conversation. Some of new players today are like this. They often cchallenge me to a spar even if for a small moral victory of not getting flawlessed. They get excited when I am on their team in an event and constantly inquire as to how to get good. They want to do it. It is just your generation that keeps fighting for incentives, perks, and foolish nonsense because you jave grown tired of living in our shadow. You have strived for so long and still get bested by the prior generation, mine. However, just because you scrubs are frustrated does not mean the essence of era needs to change. The next generation still clings to whatever faint remnant remains. Build on that, culture them in it, and you have an era for another 10 years until they too get to your point. Then lather rinse and repeat.

Ilovegirlzz, its about being good, not the guns. You sre just not good, we all know that. Fix that and see if the guns matter.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 12-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Stoff
The objective of this thread was to highlight and correct the gang gun issue, since I had quit and it couldn't be addressed correctly. You pointed this out on many occasions.

The administration took note of the issue, and it resulted in Fiber being appointed GBA.. and then JEM actually realizing it was an issue and coming back to correct it.

Dunno what you guys are whining about now. I've been craving some series though so if anyone wants to do some hours of training hmu.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:43 PM
will this game does not revolve around skill. its about whoever has the best gun we all know that..
now that doesnt mean you give me your life story about how you played this game since the beginning of its time in order to be the best because we cant base the future of guns solely on your experiences.

the way that you go about things is very simple minded (since i can successfully raid with an uzi so can you). if you want to make this game focus only on skill then get rid of money and trading and make this game strictly pk oriented. Get money for kills, buy a weapon, cant trade that weapon, but can still pawn.

I dont care about the skill i care about the money if the stats of guns didnt matter then we would all just use shotgun uzi and ak-47.

another thing wil,
i dont get how you can still believe that your ideas of a perfect era will ever be good given your past experiences of trying to perfect the gun stats. each time ended in the inevitable which is the rejection of your null yet you persist in trying your system.

Last edited by ilovegirlzz; 12-23-2013 at 08:57 PM..
Old 12-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Banned
People only want incentives for one reason; To keep them interested.

Not everyone is good at the same things, you're good at a game, some other kid on Era who is completely useless might be amazing at skateboarding, what is his purpose of playing Era now? He doesn't want to get 'better' at something when he knows that he won't reach the skill of others, so he asks for an incentive, something to keep him interested. Trading is an incentive, all of the non-pk related garbage on Era is an incentive to play.

You're so ill-minded, "Think outside of the box", what may cause you happiness isn't going to cause other peoples happiness.

Everyone has their own reason for playing, I'm sure there are people who ****ride you, there is another set of ****riders riding that skateboard kid at his own talent but that's your incentive, the ****riders are your motivation to stay at the level you are at.

I'm willing to bet if you surveyed everyone on Era and asked them "Why do you continue to play Era day in and day out" not a single one would say "To become the best, to get better at PKing".

Not everything needs to be revolved around the past, make a future, Era is in honesty the best position it can be in right now. You're just ill-minded and want things to go back to the way you liked. I was all for PKing, I was even deemed the "Best Lagger" at one point but that's just it, out of the nine years that I played Era, in the end the only thing that kept me playing was the few people I called friends, not the aspect of being "the best" because in reality, no one really cares about that anymore. It's time you realize that, without "Soul" you wouldn't play Era, without the buddies everyone has on Era, no one would play.

I guess what I'm trying to say is; Enjoy it how it is, don't try to change everything because you don't like them, adapt, play the game and have fun with your friends. You could be the best or you could be the worst but as long as you're having fun, that's all that really matters on a game like Era.

Your ego is already too big in-game, you don't need to come onto the forums and give everyone a lecture about how they need to 'stop sucking', that's just pathetic and big-headed. No one on Era actually cares about excelling, they just want to have fun. The sad reality is, not everyone is having fun anymore and that's why they come on the forums to "vent" about the "problems" they want "fixed".

Last edited by Godzilla; 12-24-2013 at 05:26 PM..
Old 12-24-2013, 07:51 PM
@godzilla talking to me or wil?
Old 12-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
@godzilla talking to me or wil?
Pretty sure he's talking to Wil since you guys seem to be in agreement.
Old 12-25-2013, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
bla bla bla i think i was good at pk bla bla bla incentives bla
Uh, here's an incentive: Get good, you suck. If you get good, the guns won't matter cause you'll be good, but since you're not good, they do. You tried to be good, it failed, so now you want incentives. But I tell you, keep trying, you'll still suck even with incentives.

Moral of the story? Get good, stop sucking and all problems dissipate. D. End.

Other newb who keeps whining about guns, you suck... you can't raid with an uzi, you can't even raid wth. Get good, and guns won't matter. You're not good, so they do. Stop being not good so we can stop hearing you whine. D. End.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:25 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I feel like if the hospital didn't exist there wouldn't be so much running. Should try it for a day where everyone revives at unstick at full HP.