Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
Hi everyone! :D

I'm loth to do it, but it seems as though it must be done. Apologies in advance to everyone who will be disappointed in me for joining the bandwagon, but I can't help feeling as though I'm being cheated out of something. I, for one, would like to have a fun, relaxed set of forums. There is barely even a place for us to talk about issues that don't deal with Graal. I understand the fact that you mods support the idea of 'good, clean fun' but there is a point at which 'good and clean' become 'stifled and unfair.'

After all, Graal is a game. Games are meant to be fun. You know, F is for Friends who do stuff together, etc etc? I would honestly think that the forums for games would also be fun. To me, having a set of forums JUST for help is Aspergers(I'd assume that the word 'retarded' is considered rude, so I will cleverly alter it in a way that only serves to make it even more rude in the end, because it becomes more specific and hurtful to those who can relate to it). When you try to hold people in an enclosed area, they will naturally yearn to get out. The grass is always greener on the other side? Yeah, that little anecdote doesn't exist for no reason. It's the truth. People want what they can't have. And if they can't have fun, they'll seek it out, confrontationally if needed.

So if you expect everyone to always control themselves and always be sweet, and always get along, and always use Stepford Wives language, then you're sourly mistaken. Take me for example. I'm so cute! And nice to people But you're all Aspergers if you think that I'm like that all the time. Everyone has their limit, everyone loses their temper, everyone makes mistakes. Obviously if you want to uphold your rules, you have every right to. But you better expect people to want to break them, and you better follow your own rules if you expect us to even attempt to follow yours.

You want your rules? Go ahead and have them, but that makes you 100% responsible for enforcing those rules, and doing so fairly. That means no punishments ex post facto, no biased punishments, and no treating people like dirt when they try to genuinely understand how your rule system works. If you want to be able to break THOSE rules, then you should expect problems arising. As well as puerile name calling, you damned e-fascists.

I mean, c'mon. Girls just wanna have fun!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:34 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
yo door
Old 01-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
sup
Old 01-24-2007, 10:35 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
F4friends
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Everyone wants to have fun
Old 01-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Oi, it's going to get lonely around here :[
Old 01-24-2007, 10:36 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Door View Post
sup
jus' readin ur thread
Old 01-24-2007, 10:37 PM
F is for Friends who do stuff together! U is for yoU and me! N is for aNywhere and aNytime at all, up here in the OGCC!
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
word
Banned
Ruf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
F is for Friends who do stuff together! U is for yoU and me! N is for aNywhere and aNytime at all, up here in the OGCC!
Oh my god.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:38 PM
of House Targaryen
Quote:
thats deep, door
Old 01-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
Hello there Mr Door
Old 01-24-2007, 10:40 PM
of House Targaryen
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampy View Post
Hello there Mr Door
THATS MISS DOOR, SIR
Old 01-24-2007, 10:41 PM
hello Mr(?) Hampy
Old 01-24-2007, 10:42 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Hello Miss Door.
Closed Thread