Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
PM notifications

I'm sure that all of you have had to walk away from your computer at some point without warning, only to come back and see that you've been logged out for idling. Heck, sometimes your Internet cuts out, and you see a few PM bubbles but miss the names next to them.

It can be quite a problem to log back in and not know who PM'd you--and an even bigger problem if you aren't even aware that you received a PM at all. I don't know about you guys, but I don't exactly go through my PMs folder for easy reading, so I'd likely never know what I was PM'd if I wasn't given a reason to look it up.

That being said, I'd like a way to be notified of any unchecked PMs when I log back into Graal. This is really more than just an item of convenience; important PMs to and from both players and staff can be lost. In a game that relies so heavily on communication, a system for recovering these 'lost' PMs is essential.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:29 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
great idea, i've thought about suggesting this myself, but i am far too lazy..ya...

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 03-29-2010, 11:31 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I believe there's a onPM event that is called when you receive PMs, servers can probably provide such a feature.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, shouldn't be too hard to make.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Ya, I hate when I accidentally get disconnected and lose PMs
Old 03-29-2010, 11:54 PM
tempandrew is on a distinguished road
This is actually a really good idea. I always seem to come back in the nick of time to see that yellow bubble before "YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED FOR HAVING A STUPID FACE", so it'd be nice if I could reach back and get the PM I missed.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Why are we getting disconnected in the first place?
Old 03-30-2010, 12:44 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
Why are we getting disconnected in the first place?
for idling, n00b!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:45 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
please
Old 03-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
for idling, n00b!
so
Old 04-22-2010, 04:40 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
I'd like this, especially since 50% of the time i never notice a pm from my RC.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:48 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
so