Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 06:05 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
yeah.. an idea to get rid of the servers with little to no betters for the betterment of the servers that actually have players is a flat-out ridiculous idea *rolls eyes*
How about we get rid of the servers that don't have the development team to make their own decent content?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:57 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
How about we get rid of the servers that don't have the development team to make their own decent content?
define "decent content" then
Old 07-02-2009, 01:51 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelm View Post
It's the job of the current classic tabbed servers' management to supply their server with a staff capable of bettering their own server, not taking the best things from other servers that have a low player count.

The things on Classic/N-Pulse/Delteria have all been worked on hard by their respective staff members and the content on these servers belongs to the server, not to other servers who want a cheap way to add new content. This idea of deleting servers and giving away their content, which they painstakingly created, is ludicrous.

Removing these servers and giving away their content to another undeserving server is not going increase player count. The problem with player count has more to do with the actual game itself and it's various issues than any of the servers.
which playercount? graal's overall playercount or the server's playercount? each server has their own things that make the server fun, already.. just for some reason certain servers (Classic/npulse/delteria) have deteriorated over the years, so it only makes sense to remove them and give their content to servers that actually are living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
How is getting rid of playerworlds with few players going to better anything? The players will still be spread out like they are. There are players waiting for a better Classic, N-Pulse, and Delteria. Your idea would not make a recognizable difference.
yes it would. the servers given new content would be a lot better. they've been waiting for a better classic for how long? better npulse for how long? better delteria for how long? when is it time to pull the plug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
You missed my point. If these playerworlds have hardly no players, it wont make much of a difference.
npulse has a small playercount.. if the server was deleted, it'd add 10-20 players to other servers. delteria usually has a few, and classic does too. their playercounts can never compete with UN/Era/Zod anymore.. even Valikorlia has more players then npulse/classic/delteria which is really really sad and proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the servers are finished

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
they can make their own content.. i'm just saying, deleting the useless servers for the advancement of the good ones is only a great idea.

once again there's a reason some servers have 'high' playercounts and others don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 07-02-2009, 02:04 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
which playercount? graal's overall playercount or the server's playercount? each server has their own things that make the server fun, already.. just for some reason certain servers (Classic/npulse/delteria) have deteriorated over the years, so it only makes sense to remove them and give their content to servers that actually are living

npulse has a small playercount.. if the server was deleted, it'd add 10-20 players to other servers. delteria usually has a few, and classic does too. their playercounts can never compete with UN/Era/Zod anymore.. even Valikorlia has more players then npulse/classic/delteria which is really really sad and proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the servers are finished

they can make their own content.. i'm just saying, deleting the useless servers for the advancement of the good ones is only a great idea.
you are living in a fantasy world. let me enlighten you on a few things:

1) removing a playerworld and ten having another playerworld take over their "good" content is still basically stealing. i doubt any of the current managers would like to have all of their content moved onto a server they probably don't like or even play

2) if you deleted npulse and other playerworlds, it wouldn't add any number of players to another server. those players would just quit because now their home server is gone. they play those servers for a reason

3)"deleting the useless servers for the advancement of the good ones is only a great idea." so let's take this same sentence and put it into a different context:

"closing down useless businesses and other business venues for the advancement of monopolies for good companies is only a great idea."

or how about,

"closing down useless hospitals and other ET places in the community for the advancement of the good hospitals is only a great idea."

one more?

"closing down useless schools and other education services for the advancement of good schools is only a great idea."

i mean seriously, think before you write something as ignorant as that down and post it. it's plain stupid for my examples, and for graal
Old 07-02-2009, 02:15 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
What makes anyone so sure deleting a server will mean players will just magically move to the next? If those players liked the other servers, wouldn't that mean they'd be there in the first place?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What makes anyone so sure deleting a server will mean players will just magically move to the next? If those players liked the other servers, wouldn't that mean they'd be there in the first place?
Classic went down and the majority of those regular players are now on UN.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:38 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
I dont support this idea.

Has to be a better solution.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:56 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Classic went down and the majority of those regular players are now on UN.
Ya, but didn't they leave on their own will before it was ever thrown UC?
Old 07-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
you are living in a fantasy world. let me enlighten you on a few things:

1) removing a playerworld and ten having another playerworld take over their "good" content is still basically stealing. i doubt any of the current managers would like to have all of their content moved onto a server they probably don't like or even play
all content uploaded is technically the property of Graalonline. if stefan/unix agree with my idea they can do whatever they please.

Quote:
2) if you deleted npulse and other playerworlds, it wouldn't add any number of players to another server. those players would just quit because now their home server is gone. they play those servers for a reason
losing npulse's/classic's/other useless server's players isn't really that big of a lost.. the reward would outweigh the risk in this situation.. how can you prove they'd quit anyway?

Quote:
3)
LOL you call my ideas ****ty but here you are comparing graal servers to irl businesses. moving along..

Quote:
i mean seriously, think before you write something as ignorant as that down and post it. it's plain stupid for my examples, and for graal
your examples are irrelevant to anything

Quote:
I dont support this idea.

Has to be a better solution.
lol aren't you a trial?

Edit: btw Hiro, i rate your trolling a 1.4/10
Quote:
Old 07-03-2009, 08:20 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
LOL you call my ideas ****ty but here you are comparing graal servers to irl businesses. moving along..
It's called an analogy, and no one is surprised you didn't get it.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:34 AM
i did get it. comparing dead/dying graal servers and irl establishments is just silly.
Quote:
Old 07-03-2009, 11:10 AM
delterian loyalist
Nelm will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Nelm
It's about as silly as saying that "dead/dying" servers should be deleted and their content should be given away to UN.

How about UN continues to develop their own, original content? Sounds good to me.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:20 AM
UN does develop their own original content and will continue to do so.

All of the servers I refer to have failed and probably will fail even more despite their huge "REBIRTH" attempts. Whenever these servers finally have zero players for good and everything is removed from the game entirely, it would just have been a huge waste, but if their content is moved to UN (or Val's to Zodiac) and they'd still be some use for it.

Everyone in this thread insults my idea while their own rebuttles are just silly (for the most part) and only disagree with it because they love the server even they barely play anymore

And seriously, look at these stupid negative reputation points I'm getting...

delete npulse/classic... 07-01-2009 11:03 PM Your such a mog
delete npulse/classic... 07-01-2009 01:49 PM noob
delete npulse/classic... 07-01-2009 08:12 AM >
delete npulse/classic... 06-30-2009 07:14 PM Now I understand why your rep is red.
delete npulse/classic... 06-30-2009 03:41 PM god your so stupid LOL

Calling a religious figure stupid is going way too far.
Quote:
Old 07-03-2009, 11:37 AM
delterian loyalist
Nelm will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Nelm
I am well aware that UN develops their own content and will continue to do so. That's exactly why they don't need to have anyone else's content given to them. The team at UN is capable of creating new, original content on it's own. Adding in recycled levels, scripts, and NPCs from other servers is not going to improve UN because we have already seen all of this stuff before.

Graal needs creativity, not rehashes, or even worse in this case, complete rips from other servers. In no way, shape, or form does this idea improve Graal overall or UN as a server. And to be honest, if this ever happened I would stop playing whatever server took said dying server's content.

Your idea isn't even good to begin with so saying that others are replying with horrible rebuttals is like the pot calling the kettle black. This thread is well deserving of negative rep. So, after I'm done writing this I'll follow suit by neg-ing your rep.

Seriously...if these servers die, let them die in peace. There's no need for UN (or any other server for that matter) to take their content because as you previously said, they are fully capable of creating their own content.

P.S. Said religious figure would have a capital G, not lowercase.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelm View Post
I am well aware that UN develops their own content and will continue to do so. That's exactly why they don't need to have anyone else's content given to them. The team at UN is capable of creating new, original content on it's own. Adding in recycled levels, scripts, and NPCs from other servers is not going to improve UN because we have already seen all of this stuff before.
Any server having a great wealth of graphics, scripts, etc, could benefit greatly from them. If anything, UN could make an Island called "Classic Island" (I'm bad with names) or something and have some of the servers main levels w/ it's activities (similar to Isle of Bane) and players could go to that island when they please.

I can't believe you think UN couldn't benefit from it... fowlplay4 (Manager of Zod) even said earlier he'd love to have a ton of graphics and such.

Quote:
Graal needs creativity, not rehashes, or even worse in this case, complete rips from other servers. In no way, shape, or form does this idea improve Graal overall or UN as a server. And to be honest, if this ever happened I would stop playing whatever server took said dying server's content.
UN has creativity, which is why they are working on their own things. In no way would it negatively affect the server itself to have new things. Who cares if you quit?

Quote:
This thread is well deserving of negative rep. So, after I'm done writing this I'll follow suit by neg-ing your rep
You act like I care if I get negative reputation points by someone who doesn't even have the slightest clue on what would improve the game or not.

Quote:
Seriously...if these servers die, let them die in peace. There's no need for UN (or any other server for that matter) to take their content because as you previously said, they are fully capable of creating their own content.
Why should the dead server's content go to waste? Old Delteria has nice events that could replace some of UN's or add onto their events.

Quote:
P.S. Said religious figure would have a capital G, not lowercase.
*rolls eyes* Didn't you see the rest of his comment had poor grammar?
Quote:
Closed Thread