Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 03:28 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Are staff supposed to be wearing guild hats?

All of UN's staff members has a hat setter now, which is fine since most staff (especially dev staff) deserve to have some perks, but isn't allowing them to wear guild specific hats going too far.. since they're.. you know, meant for just the members of that guild?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 06-29-2009, 07:18 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Nobody has a hat setter. One of the NATs gave them to the GAT team a while back, but I took them away almost immediately. I agree staff deserves compensation, but not something like that.

If you could point it out to me next time you're on, I'd be glad to work it out.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
I shall forum PM you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 06-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Speaking of hats, will the hat shops be coming back? If they are brought back I hope you allow some or all of the older hats.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
While on the topic of staff, they seem to do absolutely nothing. I ask a FAQ to watch a trade because currently there is no admin or GP on, and I just say to be a witness and they say "no, if they scam you that's your problem" If I need to get somewhere such as behind the crab-shack counter, I asked an Admin to warp me behind the counter because I don't have the staff tag yet, because I still have to set mine, they say "no, its non of my business" I see Staff massing on tags all the time, asking to buying things/sell things/ be partners for things. The only real staff I see is the Event's staff because they actually do their job. Now Streety, you and your developers do your job, its just more a long the lines of a FAQ, GP, basis where I see no effort to do anything.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:34 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
The FAQ are right in both situations described. They are not your personal play things. If you want to get behind the counter at this "Crab Shack", then fix whatever issue that isn't allowing you behind the counter. Don't ask for a staff member to warp you. Same thing for scamming; if you're afraid you'll get scammed, don't make the trade. Why should a staff member babysit you and your trade partner? They have other stuff to do.

I have nothing but positive things to say about the FAQ on UN. I recently decided to play UN again, and after one mass message an FAQ went on tag and walked me through almost every quest before I had to go. That isn't "absolutely nothing", that is solid work if I do say so myself.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
That's all they do. They don't even use their brains, when I was FAQ there they gave us a website that we had to use to answer questions. They wont do **** unless you ask them a newb question.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:04 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
That's all they do. They don't even use their brains, when I was FAQ there they gave us a website that we had to use to answer questions. They wont do **** unless you ask them a newb question.
So basically they're practicing actual customer service? This is what they do in the real world, a business refers a person to their website if they believe the website is able to answer the questions, and any followup questions that the customer may have. If the person is a more difficult case then they'll deal with the customer directly. It is simply establishing priority and finding the most efficient way to deal with a person.

Example; Say you're looking for a walkthrough for a quest, or you're stuck at a particular point. You PM the FAQ and tell them "I am stuck at X in quest Y", can you help me?". An FAQ could write out how to get passed point X, but more than likely they'll encounter another problem down the line. They'll have to PM the FAQ again and again, which will be bothersome to both parties. If the FAQ feels the player is competent, sending a link to a walkthrough would be more efficient as it would allow the player to work out most problems themselves.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:52 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
whenever i was a FAQ and someone asked me to help them at whatever point in the quest, i would warp to them and run them through until they didn't need me any longer or they finished all the quests, while answering other questions in PMs. the quests on unholy nation are too simple and quick (read: pointless) for this to have to happen. people aren't questing, they idle around, play events, or spar/PK. i have only needed to PM a FAQ on unholy nation when i was asking if someone is active on RC, or for where something is (as i hardly ever actually use the overworld)

really, i think FAQs on unholy nation could be merged with the GPs since it doesn't require much for the FAQs if all they have to do is answer questions and not physically move their player around, active commands, or build/create stuff; the job is to easy for what they gain. honestly, all i ever see the GPs doing is telling people to be quite, or mass while off tag which annoys me to no end since i have mass messages turned off. i'm sure they could take some of their time i answer questions, and maybe show a person or two a quest/walkthrough
Old 06-29-2009, 08:42 PM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
When you do have an issue with a team member, the best thing to do is PM the team admin specifically.

I'd suggest PMing me, but sometimes it gets lost in the shuffle when I'm waiting for the position admin to get on. Once reported, the admin will handle it accordingly and keep it in mind when he/she evaluates them next. We have different files for complaints, tag time, and the FAQs are re-evaluated for UN Q's every now and again.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:27 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I remember being an FAQ on UN was always one of the worst positions EVER. Didn't you have to log everything you did in a file to show how you were active?
Old 06-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
Ohh lawdy

So, I pretty much never show up on these forums, and probably wont be back anytime to see your response Kratos, however I will explain the situation much clearer than what you did, since I was the Admin you PMed about the crabshack. If you recall, you were fired from the crabshack for stealing tips, so why would I warp you behind the counter because "Your tag isn't working". As I told you, if you have an issue and just became Manager of crabshack you need to deal with the Admin who appointed you as the Manager, whether that be Streety, Vic or Stefan himself, because I had no knowledge of this.

As for the FAQ team, I encourage them to at least ask if you would like them to show you the quests before, during or after suggesting the website. If they did not offer you that much then I will speak with the FAQ you spoke with and reinforce that fact, however, if you did not specifically ask for the FAQ to guide you in person it can be assumed he didnt think it was necessary. Just as Streety previously stated though, you should have spoken with me about the issue in game, and we could have resolved whatever issues you had.