Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 11:24 PM
osnap.
Xterminator will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
this was already done a long time ago when we had a huge playercount and it was a flop. keeping the power within 3-4 people is easier to manage and makes communication easier. stolen content will always be a part of graal.
This.
Graal doesn't have the playercount so separate the PWA jobs into 2 jobs and even then it's still a stupid idea.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
Better Idea:

Fire all PWA team members and make me (Geno) the sole PW Admin.
now that would get some stuff done.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:28 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Managing the 3 divisions you outlined as a whole single division isn't actually that difficult. Especially not to the point where we:

A) Would need more help
or
B) Would need to separate them into said divisions

Not sure what you mean by "Looking at the support centre", but if you mean that you have seen screenshots of our ticket lists in the past, that's just a number. As individual tickets, they are marginally easier to handle on a case-by-case basis. Some even really only require a single reply of "Your servers name has been changed" followed by selecting "Resolved", then that ticket disappears from the list.

As mentioned a few times- if we're feeling like we're struggling, Bell will issue a hiring thread after discussing it with Stefan and unixmad. Essentially it's about trust as well. Stefan and unixmad aren't easy to sway on the trust, just ask any one of the 3 PWA. Hiring people into divisions and increasing the Global Administrators number 3 times over dramatically increases the risk of rogue administrators doing whatever they want to do for whatever reason they do it.

I'm sure your concern is appreciated, but rest assured. We're not about to crumble under any pressures just because we're not divided into sections.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 05-26-2009, 03:06 PM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Can't really one up TSA here, so I'll just agree with the majority and say this probably wouldn't be a successful idea.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhausted View Post
there should also be a team of guild admins as well. They could be experienced guild leaders like
warhawk (from btk)
dante (from cherry)
LOL, oh man.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I would like to know what the hell happened to the GST Admin and the Global Guild Admin?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Developer
Novice is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Novice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
I would like to know what the hell happened to the GST Admin and the Global Guild Admin?
I believe the GST and Global Guild Admin were merged with the PWA.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:15 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
Skyld wasn't residing over anyone in GST any more so he merged to the PWA, Ibonic quit and so Tig took over responsibilities and has been doing an alright job at it.

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:21 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
Skyld wasn't residing over anyone in GST any more so he merged to the PWA, Ibonic quit and so Tig took over responsibilities and has been doing an alright job at it.
Half true. Both Skyld and Ibonic are no longer working for the Graal Global Team(s). GST has essentially been liquidated, which (yes) happened mainly when Skyld had no one to preside over, and was then moved in as part of the PWA, which with Skyld's departure keeps the scripting inspections within the PWA duties as assigned.

That said, both Tig and I are handling scripting inspections in our PWA duties when servers request Hosted or Classic inspections, or if we're required to investigate claims regarding the scripts on a server.

The rest is completely correct: With Ibonic's departure, Tig has taken up the roll of Global Guilds Administrator. On the same token, Bell has taken on Ibonic's other roll of Accounts Admin. This is all also outlined in the Global Contacts link found in my signature, or by simply navigating to the relevant forum where you'll find the thread.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 05-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
this thread is pointless. this wont happen all Global crap is decided by the guys that run this game. not the players. so even if your idea was good (which it is not) voicing your opinion on the matter would prob. not count for anything, unless you are extra special.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Uh, my points are well thought out and would help the game, thx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 05-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Prinking Droblem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
oh you are so right. dividing a job that does not need to be divided and naming your friends as the people that should have the positions would really help the game fersher!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
your points suck like hell
especially making Squirt a global, lmao
Old 05-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
Skyld merged into the PWA because when Ibonic quit, the PWA needed the help clearing out all the support tickets and managing playerworld issues. I kept on my responsibilities as a GST at the same time so as to make sure the whole thing didn't fall to hell, until I quit, at which point I gave the responsibility over the GST team to Tig. It just so happens that he chose to dissolve it and move it completely into the PWA.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Skyld merged into the PWA because when Ibonic quit, the PWA needed the help clearing out all the support tickets and managing playerworld issues. I kept on my responsibilities as a GST at the same time so as to make sure the whole thing didn't fall to hell, until I quit, at which point I gave the responsibility over the GST team to Tig. It just so happens that he chose to dissolve it and move it completely into the PWA.
Why are you talking in third person skittles?

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.