Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-10-2008, 03:51 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Whether or not this is an improvement or not is very debateble..

... but waiting for guilds to become active sucks. I admit, though, Ibonic has been much better about activating guilds swiftly, but sometimes it's ridiculous, even to the point where the guild's members lose interest in the guild before it becomes active.

So I suggest these policies to guild activation:

- Guild tag is able to be used upon recieving 10 members and treated like a pending guild (some guild functions are disabled, stays on pending list, etc).
- Guild will still be reviewed anyhow before becoming a fully active guild.
- If guild is unacceptable by means of just being a guild with numbers and such, it will be removed.
- If guild is found to be a racist or any form of an offensive guild upon inspection every member will recieve a global ban from Graal (in example: A racist guild will earn you a fourteen day ban from the game).

Of course, there's always the problem of racist guilds being made and seen by players on servers, but those players can be handled on a local level (jails/bans) as well as a global. You may see this as the biggest flaw, that racist guilds can be made easily (well, they'll show up on pending for awhile anyway, yet anyone wearing that tag can be jailed until globals remove it), but it's not really too different from just setting a racist nickname (setnick racialslur)..

Agree/disagree?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
Old 09-10-2008, 03:59 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
i agree.

although i think global ban for 14 days is a bit too much punishment cuz maybe a member didnt know what the name really meaned....who knws
Old 09-10-2008, 04:16 AM
People playing Graal are supposed to be at least thirteen years old, and I personally am convinced that they will be aware of most racial slurs and offensive termonology by that age unless they are foreign to whatever language the racial slur pertains to. They can always object to the ban at the support center anyway?

The guild leader at least, and maybe members that blatantly know what the guild tag is should be banned, if not the whole guild.

Let's say there was a race called pepsi, and a racial slur called "crappy soda". And ages ago, the race of pepsi got tormented by feathers.

If a guild called "Crappy Soda" emerged, and a member had the name "bring on the feathers!", then they'd obviously know what the guild tag means by using that historical reference.

So yeah, whatever works.
Quote:
Old 09-10-2008, 04:19 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
i agree.

although i think global ban for 14 days is a bit too much punishment cuz maybe a member didnt know what the name really meaned....who knws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
They can always object to the ban at the support center anyway?
Why not just ban the person who created the guild so the people at the support center can deal with more important things than people complaining that they didn't know the guild was meant to be offensive.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:25 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
maybe the members dont know proper english and dont know the meaning of....you know what kidn of words lol
Old 09-10-2008, 04:31 AM
Actually, what Inverness suggested would be better. Banning the whole guild would lead to a spam of "I DIDNT NO WAT IT MEANT IM FRENCH" and then having people use translators to write messages in French..
Quote:
Old 09-10-2008, 04:33 AM
Cake'd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
Actually, what Inverness suggested would be better. Banning the whole guild would lead to a spam of "I DIDNT NO WAT IT MEANT IM FRENCH" and then having people use translators to write messages in French..
xD