Old 09-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
guys, I had a radical new idea that nobody has ever thought of -

account security questions.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:03 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post

People don't think up good ones, and they sometimes forget.

You can't hold Graal responsible when you lose something you were supposed to keep.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:52 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Well, why exactly is there not an option to change your email or password via the website, while you're logged on? Or even through the client? It's odd that they'd opt out of an automated system. Even the smallest of browser-based games have automated things like that.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:59 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post

I remember many instances, people gave their PW to "friends"...

Why the hell is it not possible for the users to take care of their account, transaction ID e-mail accout etc?
Cyberjoueurs is not responsible if someone get hacked, lose their PW's or what ever.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I remember many instances, people gave their PW to "friends"...

Why the hell is it not possible for the users to take care of their account, transaction ID e-mail accout etc?
Cyberjoueurs is not responsible if someone get hacked, lose their PW's or what ever.
Do you really not know, honestly? Have you ever heard of good customer service, or even decent customer service for that matter? The lack of security measures taken by Graal Online that has caused many hacking incidents? The amount of information about players that has been leaked in order to create such petty methods of retaining accounts?

It's the player's responsibility to respect the rules and to not lend or give out their account, therefore they are responsible for their actions. I can understand making support harder for those people (or even none at all) but to penalize every single player? It's stupid.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:02 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
It's the player's responsibility to respect the rules and to not lend or give out their account, therefore they are responsible for their actions. I can understand making support harder for those people (or even none at all) but to penalize every single player? It's stupid.
I agree!
Old 09-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I don't understand the big deal about account sharing. Take Blizzard for example, their policy for WoW is that if you give out your account information to someone else, Blizzard will not help you out if that person does anything bad too it. They also have, unlike Graal, a security question/answer you can fill out to claim ownership of the account in case your oh-so-trustworthy friend changes the accounts password or anything.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I don't understand the big deal about account sharing.
Less money, duh!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Take Blizzard for example, their policy for WoW is that if you give out your account information to someone else, Blizzard will not help you out if that person does anything bad too it.
And then they ban you because account sharing is against the rules.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
And then they ban you because account sharing is against the rules.
It clearly says in their rules that account sharing isn't forbidden, but it's your own responsibility to ensure nothing bad can happen to your account.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
It clearly says in their rules that account sharing isn't forbidden, but it's your own responsibility to ensure nothing bad can happen to your account.
"You may not share the Account with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one (1) minor child to use the Account when not in use by you."

It is in the TOS.

In addition:

"[...] does not recognize the transfer of Accounts, and any unauthorized transfer of the [...] software will result in the permanent deletion of the Account attached to that software. You may not offer any Account for sale or trade, and any such offer:

i. is a violation of this Agreement;

ii. may result in suspension or termination of the Account at [...]'s sole and absolute discretion; and

iii. will not be opposable to [...]."

Last edited by Loriel; 09-03-2008 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: More quotes
Old 09-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Whats about a name based registration?

Would be easier to give proof for your identity and is certainly more professional, you will have most of our names and addresses through paypal anyways.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
"You may not share the Account with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one (1) minor child to use the Account when not in use by you."

It is in the TOS.

In addition:

"[...] does not recognize the transfer of Accounts, and any unauthorized transfer of the [...] software will result in the permanent deletion of the Account attached to that software. You may not offer any Account for sale or trade, and any such offer:

i. is a violation of this Agreement;

ii. may result in suspension or termination of the Account at [...]'s sole and absolute discretion; and

iii. will not be opposable to [...]."
That's odd, says in one of the login screens that it's not forbidden.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:15 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
Whats about a name based registration?

Would be easier to give proof for your identity and is certainly more professional, you will have most of our names and addresses through paypal anyways.
I'm fairly certain PayPal doesn't give Graal our full name