Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Future improvement ideas.

a.) Get rid of Graal###### accounts. They are highly unwanted and I've seen Graal lose a few hundred over trials saying "nu, buyin n acct aint wort it cuz ill b a graalnumber acct" despite knowing they can have community names. The Graal###### accounts make it harder on players, staff, servers, and is forcing them to find ways to adapt. I talked with global staff about why these accounts exist, and they said not even they were given a real reason :/

b.) Perhaps create Global GAT, Global LAT, etc teams along with the GST to aid Developing servers. I theorize that if there were global teams lending hands to developed servers, these servers in question would have better content and wouldn't die over reasons such as "OMFG I CANT FIND A GOOD GFX ARTIST" or having lack of workers.

If someone like Bell or Houdini went on a server and said "Hey this guys have potential, we'll get someone to lend them a hand", then sure, a Global member of one of those teams could be assigned to help.

I'm sure people will find reasons to disagree with this, though.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:30 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
a.) Get rid of Graal###### accounts. They are highly unwanted and I've seen Graal lose a few hundred over trials saying "nu, buyin n acct aint wort it cuz ill b a graalnumber acct" despite knowing they can have community names. The Graal###### accounts make it harder on players, staff, servers, and is forcing them to find ways to adapt. I talked with global staff about why these accounts exist, and they said not even they were given a real reason :/
This has been discussed sooo much already. Search the forums. The explanation has been given by staff enough already. Perhaps community names could be explained a bit better but I found it was pretty damn simple and perhaps they should just read into it a bit more before throwing money at things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted
b.) Perhaps create Global GAT, Global LAT, etc teams along with the GST to aid Developing servers. I theorize that if there were global teams lending hands to developed servers, these servers in question would have better content and wouldn't die over reasons such as "OMFG I CANT FIND A GOOD GFX ARTIST" or having lack of workers.
Players themselves make these teams but they never really get recognition. Also, GST isn't there to develop for servers: they're there to provide assistance with problems and help servers over the bridge between UC and Hosted. They have not the time nor manpower to develop entire servers for young kids with lots of money and no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted
If someone like Bell or Houdini went on a server and said "Hey this guys have potential, we'll get someone to lend them a hand", then sure, a Global member of one of those teams could be assigned to help.

I'm sure people will find reasons to disagree with this, though.
People pay for the hosting of the server, not for dedicated staff workers. They will help resolve your problems but will not hold your hand throughout the process. When people purchase a server, they should make sure they have the people available to help there. If not, they just wasted $90USD. Globals are stretched thin enough.

Basically, these aren't new and shiny ideas. All these have been presented and discussed in many different forms over time and you should really search through the forums first.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
I see.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
still doesn't change the fact that it'd be nice if there were some members of the Graal Community that could be assigned to work on some of the servers that have sat on the hosted tab for the past 4 years
Old 03-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
I dislike the Graal###### accounts simply because of the fact that they aren't fully supported in the RC or other things.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:02 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I dislike the Graal###### accounts simply because of the fact that they aren't fully supported in the RC or other things.
They should just let you change your account when you upgrade, community names are just a pain.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:10 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
They should just let you change your account when you upgrade, community names are just a pain.
Well, theres still the argument that they will use whatever they gained before upgrading. But it shouldnt be a problem to automatically transfer all the data to the new account, seriously.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Incubator
Changing accounts would be a bad idea considering a script would have to go through every server and rename the account files, thats not even including scripted systems.

Why can't we have both custom account name and community name?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:00 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Changing accounts would be a bad idea considering a script would have to go through every server and rename the account files, thats not even including scripted systems.

Why can't we have both custom account name and community name?
Give them a choice, keep Graal#### and keep stuff, or get custom account and lose stuff. I know what I'd choose.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Incubator
Quote:
Give them a choice, keep Graal#### and keep stuff, or get custom account and lose stuff. I know what I'd choose.
That doesn't solve the problem of community name and new account format being unsupported by almost everything.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:56 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Allowing them to change account names is a bad idea. Community names are only a problem with RC which is being faded out anyways.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:20 AM
the fake one
Well, they should better merge accounts and community names in scripts. I don't know how, but it should be much easier in findPlayer, etc.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:25 AM
Incubator
Quote:
Well, they should better merge accounts and community names in scripts. I don't know how, but it should be much easier in findPlayer, etc.
There is a findplayerbycommunityname() function.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Chang
DesolateRestriction will become famous soon enough
Someone who is very wealthy needs to throw their money at stefan, NOW!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:00 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesolateRestriction View Post
Someone who is very wealthy needs to throw their money at stefan, NOW!
It's not really about that.