Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
Vista COnnection Issues

I'm having a problem lately, I log on to Graal everything is fine and then out of no where it says "You have been disconnected from the game server". This happens on my own server when no one else is on. I then get sent to the Login Screen, if i stay there for awhile it then says "You have been disconnected from the game server" After I click the Okay button, Graal closes. Makes me feel real loved here. The Disconnects seem to be random and uncoordinated.

I have port forward all the necessary ports for Graal and I have a T1 LAN Connection.

As for the RC, is doesn't "Appear" to stop working, just when I do anything on it, it then disconnects. I can still update scripts I already had opened, but I can not open any other scripts or script lists.

Any thoughts as to why I get disconnected a lot?
Old 02-21-2009, 07:39 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't sound like an issue with Vista (though I could be mistaken), it sounds like an issue with your router/modem. Does the sudden outage affect anything outside of Graal?
Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Varia Developer
Well, i never got with XP, sometimes my AIM Account on Pidgin disconnects but besides that nothing. No other Online game I play does.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:28 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
I used to get this problem when I first started using Linux and I only had a wireless adapter supported for Windows.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:55 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Light View Post
I'm having a problem lately, I log on to Graal everything is fine and then out of no where it says "You have been disconnected from the game server". This happens on my own server when no one else is on. I then get sent to the Login Screen, if i stay there for awhile it then says "You have been disconnected from the game server" After I click the Okay button, Graal closes. Makes me feel real loved here. The Disconnects seem to be random and uncoordinated.

I have port forward all the necessary ports for Graal and I have a T1 LAN Connection.

As for the RC, is doesn't "Appear" to stop working, just when I do anything on it, it then disconnects. I can still update scripts I already had opened, but I can not open any other scripts or script lists.

Any thoughts as to why I get disconnected a lot?
Strangely, this has just started happening to me, too. I will be on my server, testing scripts or whatnot, and bam -- "You have been disconnected from the game server"
Old 03-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Varia Developer
bump!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:01 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Might be your internet provider, there are many internet providers who disconnect connecitons if there is no traffic for a few minutes. I have a new RC which sends pings regulary to avoid NC disconnections, not sure when that can be released though.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:59 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I have a new RC which sends pings regulary to avoid NC disconnections
Now that sounds nice!

Quote:
not sure when that can be released though.
While that does not..
Old 03-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Varia Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Might be your internet provider, there are many internet providers who disconnect connecitons if there is no traffic for a few minutes. I have a new RC which sends pings regulary to avoid NC disconnections, not sure when that can be released though.
Well, It happens even when I'm not idle. I'll call them up and ask in any case. Thank you.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Varia Developer
Somewhat Fixed, it's kinda smart and stupid at the same time, I looked at my Routers (Belkin) Options Page (for me 192.168.0.1) I was looking through it and I found something called the NAT Firewall, and I placed my computer outside of it. Although it does make me more acceptable to hack attacks and such but hopefully Norton will keep me protected. xP
Old 03-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
I have some issues too, it's like graal is ****ing up my internet, it disconnect my connection every five minutes, and as soon as I close graal everything goes back to the normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 03-09-2009, 07:45 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Good work stefan I like the sound of this RC, can it also ping players? or just themselves?

Edit: If it's able to ping players staff may be able to tell if it's hacks or just lag.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:55 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
Good work stefan I like the sound of this RC, can it also ping players? or just themselves?

Edit: If it's able to ping players staff may be able to tell if it's hacks or just lag.
It's easy to see the difference between using speed trainers and lagging because the speedhacktolerance does not count while you are lagging.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:33 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
I find that it takes a much longer time for me to connect to NC when I'm on Vista (whether I'm at work, school, or home). I don't have the same issue with XP or Linux.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by napo_p2p View Post
I find that it takes a much longer time for me to connect to NC when I'm on Vista (whether I'm at work, school, or home). I don't have the same issue with XP or Linux.
Windows Vista tends to hog a lot of recourses for normal operation which could slowdown the connection to NC.