Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-31-2012, 04:16 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxstar70 View Post
Not really. I've never even really played that one, and many haven't.

I would just like to state that your taste objectively sucks.

Also, Majora's Mask is the best one.
Link's Awakening is an amazing game, just because it does not have the same level of notoriety / fame in comparison to the other Zelda titles does not make it a bad game. I would argue the platform it was released on is the only reason it isn't as popular.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:28 AM
Known as XENA*
Phorcys will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Phorcys
Agree with godoco.

Peace & Love

Old 12-31-2012, 07:04 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Link's Awakening is an amazing game, just because it does not have the same level of notoriety / fame in comparison to the other Zelda titles does not make it a bad game. I would argue the platform it was released on is the only reason it isn't as popular.
And as far as individual level design goes, I have to go with Link's Awakening for superb execution under several technological limitations. Majora's Mask wins the content density and spatial arrangement award.
Game Boy, also being one of the best selling video game systems of all time.. I don't think the platform is the reason.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:09 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
And as far as individual level design goes, I have to go with Link's Awakening for superb execution under several technological limitations. Majora's Mask wins the content density and spatial arrangement award.
Game Boy, also being one of the best selling video game systems of all time.. I don't think the platform is the reason.
Handheld games tend to get treated as spin-off games and easily dismissed. Also Gameboy is the best selling handheld now, but back when Link's Awakening came out it was brand new, and hadn't claimed the foothold it has now.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:40 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I can't imagine there were any competitors who were outselling it then, though. Lynx? pfft
I mean I understand what you're getting at, but saying no one played Link's Awakening because it was a handheld spin-off of a console game is like saying no one played Pokemon because it was a spin-off of Earthbound. I'm not seeing the point in arguing something that isn't true--EVERYONE played Link's Awakening, unless they are a tard.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Not the fruit.
Kiwi27 will become famous soon enough
Back onto the level... I like it, but more cliffs pl0x. It looks too flat.