Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Drakeero will become famous soon enough
Graal Editor fix specifically for GK

I see a few threads about the tileset issues with edtior but after browsing through them I haven't seen problems specifically about the editor not wanting to switch to the GK tilesets.

Seeing as how I've recently lost my fixed editor, I need to fix the new one. Can someone please remind me what data I need to copy/paste between files to make it work?
Old 05-20-2011, 12:50 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
1. Delete FILENAMECACHE
2. Log on to GK
3. Use the appropriate addtiledefs script
Old 05-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
1. Delete FILENAMECACHE
2. Log on to GK
3. Use the appropriate addtiledefs script

First two steps are done. Where's the script I need to use? And how do I use it?

^ Please don't tell me you're talking about adding some script to an NPC in every level I want to use. That's never worked for me and there is a better way to do it. I know, I've done it before. I've just forgotten what it was.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:00 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
You could use this:

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
if (created) {

addtiledef picso.png,gk_,5;

All levels that start with gk_ will use the picso.png terrain tileset in my example. I'm not sure what the tiledefs are for houses and what not though.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Well, the original fix I found involved tracking down a particular file, deleting the information in it, and then copy/pasting a block of information into it from another file in a completely different folder and bam. Everything worked.

Didn't need to fiddle with any sort of script at all. Screw scripts. Once I did this I never had a tile-related editor problem again when working with GK maps outside and in. It even correctly identified the correct indoor tilesets for different kingdoms.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:02 AM
team canada
Assuming:

1. Deleted FILENAMECACHE
2. Logged on to GK
3. Graal and the Graal Editor is closed.

Well there's that way too:

1. Go into your levels/tiledefs folder
2. Delete tiledefsOffline.txt
3. Copy tiledefsGraal%032Kingdoms.txt
3. Rename the copy to tiledefsOffline.txt
4. Start the editor.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:11 AM
Problem solved.

Apparently the problem was I was missing a file named loadgmaps.txt in the Graal folder. Once I carried it over from a previous version of the game that had a working editor the new one began to work as well.

Last edited by Drakeero; 05-20-2011 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Problem solved