Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-11-2008, 03:17 AM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
CRAFTABLE Mage Equipment

With the serious lack of mage equipment available outside of events and extremely rare rings, there is a huge gap between being a "beginner" mage and having a full set of gear.

Adding craftable gear across main with mage attributes and stats could prove to be useful.

Heres some stats for some items I have considered.

CHEST: Arcanist Robe (pow+1) (ac+1) (armor+1)
Crafting Materials: 50 Platinum Coins, 15 Cloth, 1 Diamond, 1 Sapphire, 1 Ruby, 5 Pearls, 5 Emeralds.

BOOTS: Arcanist Boots (ac+1) (resist magic+10)
Crafting Materials: 20 Platinum Coins, 5 Cloth, 5 Pearls, 5 Emeralds.

SHIELD: Arcanist Buckler (ac+1) (pow+1)
Crafting Materials: 30 Platinum Coins, 3 Wood Planks, (Some Iron Piece), 1 Diamond, 5 Pearls, 5 Emeralds.

BELT: Arcanist Belt (speed+1) (magic+2) (resist magic+5)
Crafting Materials: 20 Platinum Coins, 5 Pearls, 5 Emeralds, 1 Diamond

HELMET: Arcanist Cap (magic+2) (ac+1) (resist magic +5)
Crafting Materials:30 Platinum Coins, 5 Cloth, 5 Pearls, 5 Emeralds, 1 Diamond

AMULET: Arcanist Amulet (sustenance+5) (resist magic +5)
Crafting Materials: 1 Amulet, 1 Diamond, 5 Emeralds, 5 Pearls

Adding +1 magic to the current wands in game could benefit too.

Also, adding say a 2 percent chance to not get interrupted while casting per level in magic could persuade people to consider mage as a possible role on Graal Kingdoms.

I hope this thread does not get lost because it is very important that items for beginner mages come around, because if you take a look EVERYONE has a sword because it is so much better / easier then becoming a mage.

IF SOMEONE COULD STEP UP AND MAKE SOME GRAPHICS THAT WOULD BRING US 1 STEP CLOSER TO HAVING THIS IMPLEMENTED, BECAUSE THAT IS 1 LESS STEP FOR WHO EVER DOES THIS **** TO DO.

Last edited by OasaTor_PK; 07-11-2008 at 03:33 AM..
Old 07-11-2008, 03:24 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK View Post
BECAUSE THAT IS 1 LESS STEP FOR BJORN TO DO.
Bjorn's gone

Also, I like the idea. Melee users get a slight advantage at the beginning, because they can actually do things. Mages have to work for money to be useful.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:57 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Bjorn's gone

Also, I like the idea. Melee users get a slight advantage at the beginning, because they can actually do things. Mages have to work for money to be useful.
I'm gone from development and stuff but not from being here and discussing.

The idea is actually nice and the things are not really overpowered but the blance is missing. There are only plus amounts of stats that are added to tha mabe but if you are adding such skills other skills like strength should suffer.
Best contrast is always intellevt vs. muscle.
Like if you add resist magic there should be some resist physical removed.

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 07-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dNeonb View Post
I'm gone from development and stuff but not from being here and discussing.

The idea is actually nice and the things are not really overpowered but the blance is missing. There are only plus amounts of stats that are added to tha mabe but if you are adding such skills other skills like strength should suffer.
Best contrast is always intellevt vs. muscle.
Like if you add resist magic there should be some resist physical removed.
I see what you mean but you really cant do -physical that well, I didnt put +armor on the pieces to simulate that. Is it possible to do Physical - armor? If so that could work well.

The thing I have about having -str or -con or w/e, is this is supposed to be beginner armor so it cant be to harsh on limiting players on what they want to play as.

Possibly adding -str -dex -con to RoE's and RoA ect to simulate them as opposites of RoW's could prove to be useful too.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:25 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Adding +1 magic to the current wands in game could benefit too.
I made a thread like 5 years ago about stats on wands for mages. Let's just say it didn't go over well. The only person who agreed was Ed.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Tári o Taurë
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Mages are never known for their speed, they are known for their power and wisdom.

If you want to be fast.. don't be a mage, be a thief.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:50 AM
LONGCATISLOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
Packratia will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Packratia
The downside in GK is if you want to be a mage fighting a physical user, you kind of have to be fast, otherwise if a melee user catches up to you and you can't back up magic with a significant physical, you'll get cast locked, basically meaning you won't be able to hit them with anything magical.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:13 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see why a mage wouldn't be fast though. Mages tend to be skinny, tall, and wear light-weight clothing from my experiences in different games.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Mages are either heavily fortified or very evasive most of the time if they're going to survive. You're being too dismissive if you think every mage out there is inherently frail and weak. Don't push the idea of thieves on Kingdoms as though they actually exist. Nobody does thievery because there's little benefit to it except free levels in agility. The closes you could get to a thief is something akin to a ranger, and even that is phys-based.

At one point in time, I ran around with -80 AC, over 5.6 speed, and +60 resist to fire, cold, lightning, and magic. So don't tell me mages are weak just because they supposedly don't have gear. They actually do, and there's quite a lot of it.

Also, you should try spriting these instead of just suggesting stats and hoping someone will make them. It's pretty pathetic to just go, "Hey, why don't you make items with these stats so I can buy them in the future and make up for what I lack."
Old 08-14-2008, 06:27 PM
osnap.
Xterminator will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I don't see why a mage wouldn't be fast though. Mages tend to be skinny, tall, and wear light-weight clothing from my experiences in different games.
Most tend to be Tall and Skinny i guess.
I suppose he wants Speed on it just to go faster
Old 08-14-2008, 06:28 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Mages are either heavily fortified or very evasive most of the time if they're going to survive. You're being too dismissive if you think every mage out there is inherently frail and weak.
Referring to me? Because I was commenting on the whole "make mages faster plz". I've never seen a bulky mage wearing heavy armor.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Nah, that wasn't really directed at you. I've actually been a heavily fortified mage at one point, believe it or not, though. Try not wearing body armor and using bracers and gloves for your AC instead. ;]

If you've ever played D&D, you'll know that mages don't typically wear armor because of the penalties involved. Instead, they use bracers for armor and run around spouting off spells from a distance.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:03 AM
professional troll
pig132 will become famous soon enough
Bump.

Mages are still in need of items. The majority of the items on GK are based around Warriors.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:05 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
I made a thread like 5 years ago about stats on wands for mages. Let's just say it didn't go over well. The only person who agreed was Ed.
Stats on rods!? That is ridiculous!
Old 05-29-2009, 04:20 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
With the serious lack of mage equipment available outside of events and extremely rare rings, there is a huge gap between being a "beginner" mage and having a full set of gear.
There isn't any "beginner" phys equipment either. Most craftable armour only gives you ac. Glok belt doesn't help physical fighters any more than it helps mages. Why would there be a Pow+1 craftable cloak when there isn't a Str+1 craftable anything? (not counting EC craftables)