Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
The Missing Quarter...

Where is it? Q3 was in July which means that Q4 is over a month late and coming ever closer to Q1 2010. I don't wanna bust Dev balls here but I'm just curious what, if anything, is planned for this quarter.

With any scheduled (perhaps not official dates but quarterly dictates a 3month regime) they really ought to be some communication if there are any delay problems or the offering of a teaser/preview. We've all seen teasers used very well on other games.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:50 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
I think communication is a good idea. We mostly assume nothing is happening when we don't here from any staff member, causing the staff members that are working to become displeased while we're also angry for not being fill in on anything.

When Tig occasionally puts forth his plans/ideas/thoughts, I'm really "satisfied" that he is doing so. I rarely see communication, and I think it's a good thing.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:03 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Communication is a good idea, but they like to keep development on debug secret for some reason, probably just to make us think that things are actually going on when in truth there isn't. Atleast that's the impression I get. Prove me wrong with a good update please, changes like adding no-pk to a room won't suffice.

I mean an update in 2009, not 2010.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:49 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson2005 View Post
Communication is a good idea, but they like to keep development on debug secret for some reason, probably just to make us think that things are actually going on when in truth there isn't.
It works, atleast until you start to notice that no efficient updates happen.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Who is to say the updates Tig has been doing, such as change in plat weight, change in diamond price and the many other things that Tig has worked on are not Q4 updates? Not saying they are but the "dev" team or Tig as I like to call it works hard for you guys. Appreciate the updates he does bring and don't worry about things that have not been done yet.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:53 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Who is to say the updates Tig has been doing, such as change in plat weight, change in diamond price and the many other things that Tig has worked on are not Q4 updates? Not saying they are but the "dev" team or Tig as I like to call it works hard for you guys. Appreciate the updates he does bring and don't worry about things that have not been done yet.
random guy #523 comes in telling us how "O THEY ARE RELEASING LOTS OF NEW STUFF BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU GET"
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:50 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
random guy #523 comes in telling us how "O THEY ARE RELEASING LOTS OF NEW STUFF BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU GET"
Nope my ID on the forums is 6059, but thanks for asking

But would you guys rather updates all at once and call it "quarterly" or would you rather faster updates but in smaller releases? Lets take alook at what was recently "released".
  1. diamonds now ~250 plat to shops
  2. platinum coins now have a "reasonable" weight
  3. updates graphics for various items
  4. part of the mudlib changed to support additional updates
  5. bomboria trade now becomes no-pk

This is just to name a few Maybe they should have been waited and released as an "official" quarterly update but this list is just as big as any other quarter update.

However, "update" simply means change and does not specify to change for the good or worse. So like it or not, you guys GOT your updates be happy that there's more to come with a quarterly update (unless this is it, then please label them as so).

Last edited by scriptless; 12-06-2009 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: changed bomboria to bomboria trade
Old 12-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
I agree with the new kid. Tig works hard, he is hardly some lazy bum. But there is only so much he can do really.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 12-06-2009, 08:48 AM
professional troll
pig132 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
[*]bomboria now becomes no-pk
am i missing something or is that really stupid?

why on earth have an outside (of all places) level, but just one area where it is a nopk zone? thats down right retarded
Old 12-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig132 View Post
am i missing something or is that really stupid?

why on earth have an outside (of all places) level, but just one area where it is a nopk zone? thats down right retarded
Sorry, I ment Bomboria Trade Center!! :x I refer to the Trade Center as just Bomboria sometimes, most of the people on the server will end up there anyways if you tell them to go to Bomboria.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Ugh, no1 said Tig doesn't work hard enough Just asking where the quarter is. These little updates recently may well have been Q4 but there hasn't been any confirmation of that. And confirmation is needed for scheduled updates or else the expectation leads to confusion. Like so...

Quote:
Sorry, I ment Bomboria Trade Center!! :x I refer to the Trade Center as just Bomboria sometimes, most of the people on the server will end up there anyways if you tell them to go to Bomboria.
We need a pub in Middleton, that town is way cooler than Bomboria.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
We need a pub in Middleton, that town is way cooler than Bomboria.
Thats upto the Dustari Developers.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
If I remember Q1 was released in October of last year was it not? So then something got messed up, and theres no point going by the 3 month quarters anymore. I'm just trying to remember though, and generally speaking 1st Quarter info isnt all out until mid december, They are actually in the first quarter right now and have been since october

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:18 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
If I remember Q1 was released in October of last year was it not?
Q1 was on the 19th of December 2008.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Q1 was on the 19th of December 2008.
k, there still off

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.