FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:55 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
New Game Mechanics How?

New Game Mechanics

I am making this thread to ask of your opinions on what we can to do to add some new concepts to GK. I am looking for serious inquiries on this topic and I ask that you all stay on topic. I will be taking the top 3 favored ideas into consideration and the most favored will be developed. I will be taking ideas over the next week or so.

Example

A new instance that required team work (Party) to finish the instance. This could consist of a multilevel dungeon that had a boss on each level. The boss per level would get more complicated as you got farther down in the dungeon. Possibly multiple bosses per level. During the instance you would have a chance at obtaining at gaining different items or an item that you could turn in for some type of award.

Remember

I am looking to hear your ideas and also your opinions on other players ideas. Please keep on topic while you are in this thread. Thanks and have fun. I can't wait to see what you all come up with.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:02 AM
8k hours on GK X_X
Obs311 will become famous soon enough
Shrink the kingdoms down to 2, Dustari and Samurai.

Make the rest Guilds.

Give equipment for people in the guilds, based on the guild type:
Pirates = Mercenaries
Zormite = Thieves
Forest = Mages

Example: Zormite would have an item that would provide REAL stealth for a short time.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:07 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Perhaps you could have some kind of hunter feature, which is affected by some sort of skill like intelligence. The more rarer animals require more elaborate traps in order to catch them and are far less abundant although this boosts the value of the loot given. To make it even more interesting the spawn location of animals could change after x amount have been captured.

The loot being raw animal hides and such could then be used for such things as smithing and other sorts of crafting. Along with this there could well be a few new sets of armour introduced that are light weight and boost stats of your player. Eg:speed,disease immunity etc..
Old 03-13-2012, 09:09 AM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
Monsters needs to have different behaviors. It IS way too easy to get away from every monster and 98% of them aren't strong enough to kill you anyway if you carry a +12 enchanted item.

Instances with the current behaviors of monsters sucks. The crypt is all just stand by the walls and let the guy who follows Brigid do all the work.

However the Brigid followers are even more worthless now when you've got the "Stickthrower of the Messiah" only reason to bring a Brigid follower now is if you can't kill Kvasir on your own.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:12 AM
GraalOnline Zone Manager
Tashkin is a jewel in the roughTashkin is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tashkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre2006 View Post
Monsters needs to have different actions. It IS way too easy to get away from every monster and 98% of them aren't strong enough to kill you anyway if you carry a +12 enchanted item.

Instances with the current behavior of monsters sucks, the crypt is all just stand by the walls and let the guy who follows Brigid do all the work.

However the Brigid followers are even more worthless now when you've got the "Stickthrower of the Messiah" only reason to bring a Brigid follower now is if you can't kill Kvasir on your own.
Say this was fixed, what ideas would you have?
Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 PM
killer_dog10 is on a distinguished road
Well I guess I'll give it a shot here are some things you might be able to work with I have nothing else to do since I lag to much to do the Christmas dungeon so I all I can do for now is read while buying scrolls Dx

How about automatic hourly events so you can give more people a chance to get items instead of only at prime time.... Or at least a another way for people to get items such as the Christmas token shop.

Better level design.... No need to have a tiny bit of lag only to be destroyed when you jump down to the next level in the Christmas dungeon.

Maybe more types of blessings per god. Such as if you follow bile you can go up the the alter and player for different types of blessing like ghosthit or acid. Maybe even have different types of blessings that can bless things like wands for extra pray or magic regen or even blessings that lower food depletion.
Don't make new gods just give them more options. Maybe even blessings for armor pieces like magic resists or other types of non damage dealing blessings. More to this ideal is more non-damage dealing weapon blessings that can span across different types of resists.

A way to look up any item would be nice. Like a GUI interface that allows to to click on a weapons selection and you can just browse though to see the different stuff.

No traps in front of bomb trade.... It's just annoying when people do it and it lags the server.

For new players maybe more permanent level dungeons (or a better ideal have stronger monsters deeper in the main GK dungeon)but I guess that's it was treasure maps are for even though i cant seem to get them to work where there was snow on the ground.

Also for new players maybe it would be wise to have easier to get armor/weapons. Reason being I have notice new players get into the game they get discouraged when they find out it only from events and that the events hosted are nowhere close to their timezone and they literately can't do anything unless someone gives them the skills and stuff just to kill monsters. At least like maybe a main dungeon shop and sells weaker/somewhat decent armor but still gives new players a goal to collect the main dungeon tokens to gain armors and weapons so they have more time to ween into the event stuff. Really anything that gives new players a goal to work forward to instead of having to play the game and learning the odd things like alchemy or buying scrolls in shops to make money.

More muli-magic resist gear...Like maybe new rings that give 10 to all resist or something because it's silly that some people can fight vamp guards with melee but then some weak monster casts some magic and shreds them apart.

Maybe a way to we can trade gelats? So that people who can't afford RL money can buy game time with game money.

Last edited by killer_dog10; 03-13-2012 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: I forget
Old 03-13-2012, 01:15 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Removing ac from players. Make shield blocking actally work and put a cooldown on it so it has to be timed (could elaborate on that and make successful blocks lower the cd, punishing bad play).
Step 2 release crazy dungeons with hard ass bosses that require teamwork. Hell yea son you know it

Also having shields that are better for blocking (hsod comes to mind) would make for some interesting pve and pvp

Also johns idea is ****in killer. Vouch
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Butcher of the Kingdoms
garglius1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to garglius1
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_dog10 View Post

Maybe a way to we can trade gelats? So that people who can't afford RL money can buy game time with game money.

This is essentially USD-ing in other words.

I have two ideas, one which is easy to explain so i'll post it here, the other i'll elaborate further once I have the time to.

Essentially it goes like this. When you start the game for the very first time, you do not belong to any god until you pray on an altar for the first time, henceforth gaining the advantages (and disadvantages) of the god which which you chose to pray.

My suggestion would be an altar that removes your choice of god, making you essentially neutral to resistances. The message when you convert to 'godless' could be something along the lines of 'You renounce your faith in the gods of the kingdom and believe in the power of yourself' or something like that. As for blessing, since there would be no god, the weapons would juste get a + on it like 'Ice Dagger +8' and since the weapons wouldn't get a slaying type and an extra damage type, perhaps make the maximum higher than the current (+15 or so).

So that's my first idea, I' ll probably post my other one whithin a day or two.

5813... WHAT!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
I'd like to see a MASSIVE questline for each type of class (most likely melee, offensive caster, defensive caster) that would last throughout the entire leveling experience. Basic **** like killing 10 t-rexes to collecting materials to craft quest rewards (class based) etc.

Would be nice to see the exp curve made a little less steep with some nice exp rewards n such. And it would give us a chance to expand on lore as well as getting new players interested in the server.
Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
Step 2 release crazy dungeons with hard ass bosses that require teamwork. Hell yea son you know it
This was the goal with Crypt but it never seemed to be used as intended. If you were going to make a crypt v2.0, how would you fix it to act like this?
Old 03-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
This was the goal with Crypt but it never seemed to be used as intended. If you were going to make a crypt v2.0, how would you fix it to act like this?
Dynamic boss fights that aren't "QUICK RUN AROUND AND HEAL BEFORE YOU GET ONE SHOT"

Have bosses auto attacks deal moderate dmg and have em use special abilities throughout the battle that do significantly more dmg (think any mmo boss really). Have the boss charge up a massive hit with his fat ass sledge hammer or channel some large ass meteor that you gotta dodge. People don't wanna kite around for 30 mins and get the occasional hit in (crypt). People want to have a tank and spank fight with special events you have to react to.

Crypt would have been awesome if you could tank it with a healer behind you. Instead you would get one shot by kvasir or even just the vamp guards if you attempted to tank them for even 3 seconds.

Anything to promote team play and party composition really
Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
Crypt would have been awesome if you could tank it with a healer behind you. Instead you would get one shot by kvasir or even just the vamp guards if you attempted to tank them for even 3 seconds.

Anything to promote team play and party composition really
That's exactly what I had intended but it didn't work out. This is a really good suggestion - I'll look into it.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That's exactly what I had intended but it didn't work out. This is a really good suggestion - I'll look into it.
Thanks. The main issue with kvasir is the fact that you can't have a designated tank since he warps to random players when he takes damage and there is no way to force him back on a player. Without a taunt-like spell it's gonna be difficult to balance a mechanic like warping bosses n stuff.

As for the vamp guards it's more an issue of having to much damage and attackspeed on top of super high resistances.
Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 07:47 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
well another huge thing is the new death system. Death's should knock down item drop chances, and it'd of course increase overall time spent training. Brigid should be able to /cast revive, and if they can't they should have an easier verison of Diancheht's revive.

I think that it'd be interesting to see larger instances like Crypt. Something that made it really easy for me to lame crypt as a Brigid mage was the waves all in the same, very small area, as you can see i never need to really make new directors. I can basically lame them because I know where they walk... there's nothing exciting or surprising. Same old thing.

as you can see, there's little for anyone to do besides one person running through it flawlessly.

I'd really like to see a more random mob/boss system aswell, where you weren't sure if you'd get two priests two vamp guards this round, you may get 6 vamp priests 0 guards or 5 guards 1 priest. It makes it more exciting not expecting the same every round.

This also goes for the boss. Kvasir is known to be VERY easily done by Brigid, what if there was a 50/50 chance on what boss you'd get that trip? You'd either face Kvasir (Very weak to holy damage, resistant to physical) or Fjalar and Galar, Dwarf Brother Warriors who are incredibly resistant to fire/holy/spells and quite weak and killable with swords with a decent healer.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
I'll make it short, as I know many people will be contributing to this, possibly multiple times!

1- As stated, more daily instances (Possibly a ghost ship that roams the map?) The thing that was wrong about drops with kvasir was it's basically first to grab the loot wins. It'd be nice to see a dice roll or some sort for the outcome of the prize.

2- Class specialization. From something as simple as just a few extra abilities to whatever class you are-- to something more elaborate like Barbarian >> Gladiator (Dual Wielding). Idk, something like that.

Closed Thread