Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Delteria... Graal's final stand.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Thats because all the people with life-time classic are playing Zodiac.
Zodiac sucks
Old 02-19-2009, 12:42 AM
8k hours on GK X_X
Obs311 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I'm not.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:13 AM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
I'm not either. :O
Old 02-19-2009, 06:55 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Quote:
I have life time classic i don't even bother with zod anymore... I just play zone even though i have 3 accounts with life time classic. The reason zodiac has more players then GK is merely because its being made better and more productive updates are being used on zodiac then with GK.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
I have life time classic i don't even bother with zod anymore... I just play zone even though i have 3 accounts with life time classic. The reason zodiac has more players then GK is merely because its being made better and more productive updates are being used on zodiac then with GK.
Better? No, GK still is superior in it's design. However; Zodiac has been more productive in the past couple years. Also due to the fact it is free greatly increases it's player count. But you need to keep in mind we just went through management change, who have already set a time for their next update release.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Most important:

Going classic didn't help Graal 2001.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:29 AM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
Most important:

^ co-sign. ;0
Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Most important:

I've tried to make this point many times before.
Going non-gold isn't going to magically save GK.

But, on the otherhand, G2k1 went UC for a few years then came back non-gold for a little while... and while it was up it was pretty much never updated.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:37 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Most important:

And that was when the gold/classic divide meant a lot more than it does today.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:21 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Zodiac isn't made better than GK. Zodiac was slapped together over night and over time it got fixed up, and even now the quality of Zodiac's design is no match for GK's. More productive? Yes, definitely. However, It is very hard to get work done for GK for several reasons:

1) The lack of people willing to help due to laziness, unreliability, no motivation, or the gold/classic barrier.
2) The quality of work required for Zodiac is minuscule when compared to the quality of work required for GK. The work required for GK is very high quality when compared to classic servers, and there are very few people on Graal who are able to produce this kind of work.
3) GK's current systems are quite hard to work with because of the way they have been set up. GK's mudlib design makes it extremely hard to maneuver the systems and add new things. Almost each time I want to add something new and creative to GK I have to contact Stefan to add new functions to the npc-server in order to get it to work.

I'm definitely not against what you're saying in your post, but merely correcting where you're wrong
Obviously Zodiac is doing something right because it's one of the most popular servers.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 02-20-2009, 09:02 AM
SomeOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I'm definitely not against what you're saying in your post, but merely correcting where you're wrong
Obviously Zodiac is doing something right because it's one of the most popular servers.
Point taken I guess the GFX and scripting for GK must have been more difficult but i believe the most significant difference between the servers is that the admins on Zodiac take into account what players of the server have to offer (their ideas) which I'm pretty sure both the Gold servers do poorly (Zone and GK)
Old 02-20-2009, 12:19 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Point taken I guess the GFX and scripting for GK must have been more difficult but i believe the most significant difference between the servers is that the admins on Zodiac take into account what players of the server have to offer (their ideas) which I'm pretty sure both the Gold servers do poorly (Zone and GK)
Player suggestions are good however not all of them are practical to implement into the server. I'm not sure about Zone but I know GK welcomes good ideas for the server if the player is willing to do some work on his/her idea.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
You didn't understand Tig's post.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:25 AM
SomeOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
You didn't understand Tig's post.
Explain it to me then