Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2010, 04:39 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
No, a business doesn't need to take criticism... but a good business should listen, don't you think?

Regardless of how many stupid decisions, or good decisions they have made doesn't mean the slightest in this circumstance. The new changes to the tileset look awful, and we are trying to tell him that. What's so hard to understand about that? Do you think these claims are false? Do you think they have no merit? But what happens? We're dismissed because apparently we're not being nice enough or something... or whining? I dunno, but my point is, is that not everyone is out to get Stefan and co, just because we're not saying something 'nice'. I wish he'd see that instead of always feeling like he's being attacked, because he's not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
. . .create new stuff like quests instead of talking about details no one cares about. It's like 'OH NO! THERE IS A TILE ERROR!"

I hope the discussion can go back to the topic
The reason I've approached the last couple of posts from my perspective is because I thought this was pretty darn clear - he says it best above. But like I said earlier... insisting on a change isn't enough, it has gone to be done personally.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:39 AM
Everytime I see ya...
Old_Days is an unknown quantity at this point
it better take critizism for as much money it cost every 8 or so months.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:43 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The reason I've approached the last couple of posts from my perspective is because I thought this was pretty darn clear - he says it best above. But like I said earlier... insisting on a change isn't enough, it has gone to be done personally.
The subject is Classic iPhone. We are talking about Classic iPhone(at least until our discussion of the tileset changes was dragged out into a debate). I'm not sure where we're off-topic here... Not to mention he GREATLY simplified our criticism to make it look petty. It's not a simple tile error... WHOLE LEVELS were redone, WHOLE tilesets were replaced.

Also, the whole "if you want change you gotta do it yourself" is such a tiring mentality around here. I mean... the change is to REVERT back to the old graphics, why should WE have to do that? Unless you're implicating something else... in which I just don't follow.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:52 AM
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
I actually feel bad. Stephen is doing an excellent job of spewing some of the most inane garbage possible, and he's portraying himself as a representative to Stefan.

It's pretty clear that listening to criticism is an important aspect of any organization. Leaders of any sort are completely powerless if they have no one to lead, or rebellious people to lead. Considering the fact that we pay for Graal, we have every right to criticize, and Stefan should be personally begging us for input.

Stefan: You should be thanking us for what we have to say; you should care about the people who like the things you make, especially when you are charging them for it. We play this game because we like it, not because we want to make you happy. And when we complain, it's because we want the game to be better, not to insult you. Stop taking things personally. If you're going to be a leader then you need to handle situations and work with the people you are leading, not throw a child's fit whenever something is said that you don't agree with.

Stephen: Just shut up.

Last edited by Door; 02-27-2010 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: Fixed something I felt was necessary
Old 02-27-2010, 04:58 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That needs to be appreciated, regardless of hurt feelings.
Whose feelings are hurt? You aren't being very clear and the only person who seems to be taking offense to anything in this thread is Stefan.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:08 AM
Everytime I see ya...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Door View Post
I actually feel bad. Stephen is doing an excellent job of spewing the some of the most inane garbage possible, and he's portraying himself as a representative to Stefan.

It's pretty clear that listening to criticism is an important aspect of any organization. Leaders of any sort are completely powerless if they have no one to lead, or rebellious people to lead. Considering the fact that we pay for Graal, we have every right to criticize, and Stefan should be personally begging us for input.

Stefan: You should be thanking us for what we have to say; you should care about the people who like the things you make, especially when you are charging them for it. We play this game because we like it. And when we complain, it's because we want the game to be better, not to insult you. Stop taking things personally. If you're going to be a leader then you need to handle situations and work with the people you are leading, not throw a child's fit whenever something is said that you don't agree with.

Stephen: Just shut up.
This statement should be put in the worlds best statement book, I will give you like a million reps for this. Im glad someone doesnt actually suck up to someone whom they are paying in the first damn place.

Ive stopped playing this game for reasons like this. But Door you just hit the nail right on the head. You arent afraid to challenge authority, which is mostly what everyone else needs to do, in order for things to change.

I love you now Door.

Forever.

Last edited by Sam; 02-27-2010 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: Quote edited
Old 02-27-2010, 05:43 AM
Banned
12171217 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Days View Post
This statement should be put in the worlds best statement book, I will give you like a million reps for this. Im glad someone doesnt actually suck up to someone whom they are paying in the first damn place.

Ive stopped playing this game for reasons like this. But Door you just hit the nail right on the head. You arent afraid to challenge authority, which is mostly what everyone else needs to do, in order for things to change.

I love you now Door.

Forever.
Three pages of "challenging authority" and you pick this post out?
Old 02-27-2010, 05:46 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Classic iPhone is quite chaotic right now, we reached 1024 connections which Linux doesn't like, trying to fix it
Old 02-27-2010, 05:49 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Classic iPhone is quite chaotic right now, we reached 1024 connections which Linux doesn't like, trying to fix it
echo 65535 > /proc/sys/fs/file-max

Possibly different for whatever distro you are using.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:55 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
echo 65535 > /proc/sys/fs/file-max

Possibly different for whatever distro you are using.
It's already higher, but select() can only use up to 1024 sockets, changed the gserver to not use that anymore, will see if its working better now, we are again approacing 1024 players
Old 02-27-2010, 06:08 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
It's already higher, but select() can only use up to 1024 sockets, changed the gserver to not use that anymore, will see if its working better now, we are again approacing 1024 players
Hopefully you changed it to something sane like epoll.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:32 AM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Hopefully you changed it to something sane like epoll.
No, just trying 100 times each second to read/write data
Old 02-27-2010, 06:43 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
No, just trying 100 times each second to read/write data
Well I'm sure you're quite pleased with the player count, how is the software holding up under the stress?
Old 02-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Well I'm sure you're quite pleased with the player count, how is the software holding up under the stress?
GServer and npcserver are both at 20-25% cpu time
Old 02-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Everytime I see ya...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
Three pages of "challenging authority" and you pick this post out?
Yeah, have a problem with that?