FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Butcher of the Kingdoms
garglius1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to garglius1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I think it'd be nice to see gk get reset/start anew :3
That would be the death of Kingdoms. The playerbase right now consits of two kinds of people, the rich, and those striving to get rich. Everyone gets their break at some point, bringing them to that rich point.

A reset would make everyone who has actually gotten past that threshold quit, since their whole investment into the game, all the time they put in and the effort they got to 'make it' would be gone, putting them back on the bottm rung (e.g. Curtis, who don't get me wrong is a great guy, but is still starting out)

A reset would also render leveling next to impossible. The server has been adjusted according to how it is now. The party xp bugs that once were exploited no longer work, EA's are nearly impossible to obtain, which would make leveling extemely hard. People who level nowadays get helped by us 'higher tier' people until they can manage on their own, and us 'higer tier' people were there during the days where getting to our level and getting EA's (which helps vs monsters) was much easier.

And finally, a reset would erase much of the lore that kingdoms has. Poweful and rare items like Talefung, Giants, Kite Shield, Bags of Endless Holding, etc. would be removed and likely never brought back, or be brought back in a context for which they weren't intended. Everyone knows John has Ed's old Endless Sack, as well as Grirahan's droppable Sorcerer's Hat (which was fixed, that bug no longer works, yet the hat still does) Removing this would remove the nostalgia of seeing those items and the meories and stories that are told alongside them.

Finally. Kingdoms isn't about the items, the stats or anything like that. Graal Kingdoms is about the community. The people that come and go, and come back again once something sparks their interest again. The items and stats mean nothing, except the nostalgia and honor it means to own some rare items, and the joy one experiences from obtaining one. I gladly give out my items in raffles and the likes because it makes people happy and it gives them a reason to stay, once my shield collection is complete (and I get something acknowleding that I comepleted it) I plan to give them out, since they serve no purpose sitting in my house except for the fact that I can say I own them. (Knux if you want your leaf back, start pestering people who own the shields I don't :P )

TL : DR Anyways resetting is a bad idea, it would ruin the community and the history behind it.

5813... WHAT!

Last edited by garglius1; 06-04-2012 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: Weird smiley in wrong spot
Old 06-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Memitim will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Memitim
It sucks that the server is off the list; however, I think its a **** move to refuse to refund the players in anyway. The least that should be done is a guaranteed free time for each day the server is off the Gold Tab.

Example:
3 Day's offline = 3 Day's that EVERYONE gets to play for free.
Id imagine that would be easier to do then to run around and re-add gelats to random people.

I only bought Gold to play Graal Kingdoms, so Im rather upset that I have paid for 3 days that I can't do anything with. Zone has nothing to offer me atm since its player count is almost always 0. Classic servers don't have the same charm as GK. So in the end I paid for 3 days that I will not get refunded, and to top it off I will most likely not re-obtain all of my items, weapons, gear,house, and 25+ levels that I grinned to obtain in a week.

To me I think its just a big huge fat Middle Finger to the GK community to say that you will not refund anyone for the time that the server is down, and to top it off you maybe screwed out of everything you earned and there is nothing as a player you can do or say about it to change it.

I really hope you reconsider your judgment on "no refunds". I understand there is a lot that you have to do; but its really a piss poor way to run a server and a game to take something that requires cash to pay then refuse to compensate in anyway....

INB4 some troll rapes my rep again.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Butcher of the Kingdoms
garglius1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to garglius1
Memtim,

As much as I do feel like it sucks to have GK down at the moment, a refund is not likely, and to be honest, not entirely expected. When games such as World of Warcraft go down EVERY Tuesday for maintenance, people don't ask for a refund because of lost game-time, and these games cost much more/month to play compared to GK (which you can still somewhat play even if you don't pay). Having GK down for 3-4 days, although inconvenient, is not that much of a setback considering it rarely ever goes down.

On a side note, I do support a period where anyone could have access to gold, even for a week, to give them a taste for it.

5813... WHAT!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Garg, that's a valid point; however, how many times does WoW lose everyones items,stats, and everything when it goes down? and to be fair, WoW's down time is expected and is given a heads up to the player base. So you know what your paying for when you subscribe to WoW. Unlike WoW this was an unexpected turn of events to where the server was removed unknowingly in advance to any player who bought gold. I understand the reason why it was removed. And I agree that it should be removed till its fixed;however, I still believe its a **** move to flip a middle finger to the community and basically say: "Thanks for your money now get lost till we say its fine"
Old 06-04-2012, 11:58 PM
StormYs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by garglius1 View Post
Memtim,

When games such as World of Warcraft go down EVERY Tuesday for maintenance, people don't ask for a refund because of lost game-time, and these games cost much more/month to play compared to GK (which you can still somewhat play even if you don't pay). Having GK down for 3-4 days, although inconvenient, is not that much of a setback considering it rarely ever goes down.
Not this bs again about resetting or not.

@ Garg, wow you actually compare WoW with Graal.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by garglius1 View Post
Memtim,

When games such as World of Warcraft go down EVERY Tuesday for maintenance, people don't ask for a refund because of lost game-time,
I am pretty sure they are scheduled most of the time, so players before know a head of time that they won't be able to play at that time. Maplestory informs players as well, and usually it only last a few hours at most a day. Also, games like that I don't believe reset, because you can regain the items you lost, but not the time spent getting them in the first place. Graalonline staff didn't give warning, they didn't give a time period for when it will be fixed like other games, and it has gone on for more than one day. That constitutes for a refund in my opinion. People are paying for a product, and right now they are paying for it and not being able to use it. It's as simple as that.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
I am pretty sure they are scheduled most of the time, so players before know a head of time that they won't be able to play at that time. Maplestory informs players as well, and usually it only last a few hours at most a day. Also, games like that I don't believe reset, because you can regain the items you lost, but not the time spent getting them in the first place. Graalonline staff didn't give warning, they didn't give a time period for when it will be fixed like other games, and it has gone on for more than one day. That constitutes for a refund in my opinion. People are paying for a product, and right now they are paying for it and not being able to use it. It's as simple as that.

Pretty much what i said o__o
Ill rep you tomorrow, i gave stormY one already.
In the mean time enjoy this picture of a Cat while you wait:

Old 06-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I think it'd be nice to see gk get reset/start anew :3
While GK could use this, it's not a viable option and probably never will be due to much of the gear only having been obtainable from Event Coins. You can't really just grind yourself to the best gear in the game on GK.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 06-05-2012, 06:40 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
While GK could use this, it's not a viable option and probably never will be due to much of the gear only having been obtainable from Event Coins. You can't really just grind yourself to the best gear in the game on GK.
I believe that a well planned reset could bolster player count, despite pissing off the older players for a week or so. I honestly doubt the "grind" many of these people went through, and believe there was far more items gained through other means.

Though, maybe I wouldn't know... I never played for more than a month or two at a time. x3 You can't honestly expect a playerbase to rise much when you start from nothing, amongst a crowd of godly hoarders.

Last edited by Clockwork; 06-05-2012 at 09:35 AM..
Old 06-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Only way a reset would work is if there was a complete overhaul of everything as to not make it the same 10year grindfest on maps and lords to level up.

Oh and I take offence to that hoarder comment.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:36 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Only way a reset would work is if there was a complete overhaul of everything as to not make it the same 10year grindfest on maps and lords to level up.

Oh and I take offence to that hoarder comment.
Sorry, you're just godly <3~and a hoarder >:O
Old 06-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Cell Chill
smokeraider is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to smokeraider Send a message via MSN to smokeraider
Looks like we've been invaded, look out world.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:17 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
You don't need to reset to achieve the same effect, just:

1. Make new equipment that is better than the old equipment.
2. Make new equipment realistically attainable to a new player.
3. Fix leveling so it isn't a 2000 hour grind.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Asking for a reset is like asking for Graal to hire many developers to work around the clock to not only fix all existing problems but create a lot of self-sustaining content. A reset without this just takes us back a decade, it doesn't bring us forward at all.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Asking for a reset is like asking for Graal to hire many developers to work around the clock to not only fix all existing problems but create a lot of self-sustaining content. A reset without this just takes us back a decade, it doesn't bring us forward at all.
Agreed!