Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2014, 12:58 AM
Banned
bradigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bradigger Send a message via MSN to bradigger
After reading the entire thread I have become rather neutral on the idea of a reset, however the idea that people are considering it and unsure makes me really nervous and reluctant to play. Are we gonna reset? Okay, I'll be ready. Are we not gonna reset? I'll keep doing what I'm doing. When it's still being discussed. I find myself idling and reading every PM or forum post trying to find out what's going to happen instead of actually playing the game.

If there's a reset (or if there isn't even), here are some changes I'd like.
>make it harder to get money
I hate the inflation that was caused by the buff to trash picking, and even worse, mining is still a terrible way to make money. With the work you go through mining, I think it should be the best at all times.
>remove gelat shop / pay to win stuff
I really hate that people are paying real life money for items. This was a bannable offense for years and years, now there are apparently exceptions to the rule. It only gets worse when you see people buying hundreds of potions to sell in the mall. The potions in general do nothing but bad things. You used to have to be smart about what you were carrying, get a house or locker to store stuff, work out at the gym so you can hold heavier stuff, etc. Now people just chug potions with side effects that are on par with cheating. Holding unlimited weight and sized items, moving at a static speed higher than average, mining significantly faster. It's horrible, and it ticks me off more than anything.
>event overhaul
I won't elaborate too much on this one. I just don't like how sloppy events are, or how sloppy they're hosted. I'd like everything to be handled by a bot. If all old/broken events were removed and/or converted to work with an event bot, that'd be great.
>housing
I want apartments and sewer houses gone and more houses on the overworld. I'd also like the option to submit edits to a house you own. I've been putting off buying a house since I last my last one due to hearing that you can't modify houses anymore.
>high tier guns
It really bugs me how so many guns are reskins of each other. I think some things should just be really good, and I think rich people should have an advantage The new Paratrooper is way too similar to SG552, SG552 is way too similar to Tommy Gun, and so on.
>player-owned businesses
Only mentioning this because some other people discussed removing them. I don't like this idea at all. I actually think player-owned businesses are working really well right now. Some changes that might be nice are the option of the owner to change how much they're selling certain items for, and alter the pay of their employees at will. If you buy the same ammo at Ammo Mart or Gun Point it costs the same. I don't see the point of both places selling it. PyroTech is great because all of its products are unique. The only reason someone would go to both AM and GP are because of tiny differences like what sort of grenades are being sold.

That's about all I have to say on the matter.

tl;dr I don't mind if we reset or if we don't, but I'd appreciate it if you guys came to a decision and announced whether or not we were going to reset so everyone would calm down.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:14 AM
Exolia Zephlyn
SharkeySprinkles will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SharkeySprinkles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
...Lastly there is not an official reset date, and there may never be (please stop asking me in game for a date, lol).
Make sure to ask Tim for the reset date, he solely knows the exact time and refuses to even share it with me.

In all seriousness, there is no reset. Gabriel merely posted an opinion, and all of you ran with it as if it was happening tomorrow. Let me remind you, the focus of our staff team currently is to push out new content, fix old issues/bugs, and make this game easier to play for everyone. I agree with Godzilla that there's many useless/unknown chat commands and mismatched GUIs to say the least, and we're currently working on solving all of those issues and making the game flow better as a whole.

However, I don't agree with the fact that our team is unprofessional. I have hand selected almost every member of this team from the upper management on down, so if you have a problem with anyone in particular, please feel free to contact me via PM in game, mailbox, or via the F11 staff center "Contact Exolia" and we'll hash it out.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:56 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkeySprinkles View Post
Gabriel merely posted an opinion, and all of you ran with it as if it was happening tomorrow.
To be fair, he was a PWA who still has RC access, and past experiences have shown that his concept of opinions is loose indeed. One might call them thinly-veiled commands.

There were a few dozen opinions thrown around in this thread, so I'll just throw in my lot and agree that a reset isn't something I would find desirable.
I know I don't play a lot comparatively to some, but I don't feel that invalidates my opinion.

Wealth gaps are going to exist in any game. I like the current focus on making weapons and money available to every Graal14978961 that walks through the door.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:37 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
there is no reason to reset untill the core issues/ the foundation is stable. if you reset and it just reverts back to the old messed up game then there is no point.

I dont understand how its so hard to log items and keep track of current items / duplicated but then again im not sure how high up those admins abusing are.

you gotta manipulate the rich so the money they make directly helps the lower level players NOt causing a plutonomy. (rich taking over pawn shops offering better prices and also buying items at better prices then pawn)

since the only way to make good money is to "break trough the poor barrier" where you dont waste all the money on ammo and food and have enough to buy and sell good guns (some how get rich)

also the game is focused too much on "the next rare item" and that only caters to the rich people. money = gets the next op wep = wins events and gang wars and so on and so forth till one side gets all the OP players in the game and rich people and control era.

root cause:
1. rare op items only attainable with lots of money.
2. player controlled economy where rich players help the rich and dont benefit the poor AKA plutonomy or USA

if there was less focus on getting that next OP rare wep (never ending cycle) balance guns and base it more off skills again.

sure sell rare weapons but dont make them OP thats the key so even with a basic gun you can still compete just fine. basically you are selling new skins and sounds

Last edited by geneticfrog; 12-08-2014 at 03:22 PM..
Old 12-08-2014, 03:02 PM
plutonomy example:
Appaloosa hedge fund a company of 23 people. according to forbes the manager (one dude) made 2.2 billion (2,200,000,000$) in 2012 not sure about the total profits. however it doesnt really matter.

what did their company actually contribute to others with the money they made off of USA? nothing they are just growing their money and sharing it among the close nit people then reinvesting to get more and horde more. basically buying and selling stocks/currencies and commodities.
(the above is the rich people on era not providing any service to others and ganging together for their greater gain eventually manipulating the economy only dealing in rares and OP weps and items)

apple in 2012 had a net profit of around 8.2 billion (the whole company). at the same time what did apple do for usa? in 2012 they reported over 600 000 jobs and they created all those products that help the lower income people. they provide services and products.
(above is players who act as human pawn shops selling and buying guns of all levels to benefit the new players to grow faster)

yet 99% dont even know what a hedge fund is and they are the richest people in the world and have no real impact on us other then inflation really. (banks also do this)

if the best guns are the rares and you can only get a certain amount + needs boat loads of money. if those people gang up how in the world is anyone supposed to compete and break that poor barrier?

Last edited by geneticfrog; 12-08-2014 at 03:26 PM..
Old 12-08-2014, 03:36 PM
take away the OP weapons and money no longer provides "power" so they are forced into dealing all kinds of items.

rares should just be new skins and sounds but basically all the same stats amount. rifles are rifles no matter what the skin no need for OP weps.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Did you know Apple also has the highest suicide rate, and their manufacturing buildings have nets around them to catch the people trying to jump off the buildings? I read that somewhere in a documentary a few years ago.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Did you know Apple also has the highest suicide rate, and their manufacturing buildings have nets around them to catch the people trying to jump off the buildings? I read that somewhere in a documentary a few years ago.
consder 600 000 jobs at a population of 316.1 million USA apple itself employed 0.189% of the country safe to say 0.19%so yeah compared to others its no surprise its higher.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Boom here's one, it's nuts.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...1-12-hour.html
Old 12-08-2014, 04:54 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Rare weapons aren't the best. I have cupid bow and ritual knife, both were only offered in stores during holiday events, and they're literally useless. Cupid bow is worse than Ice bow (5k) and ritual knife is easily the worst melee (worse than ****ing cattle prod)

I don't get why you also think that having the best guns makes you the best player. Ask anyone on the server if Tk was ever the best when he had the most money for a while and almost everyone will tell you he wasn't. Being able to get a gun that can compete with high guns is totally doable. I've seen so many guys (myself included) get absolutely trashed by someone using a sten/souizen/hk416 other <500k gun vs my honey badger (over 1 mil). It's really down to player skill now, since literally anyone can make enough for a sten/souizen in a week if they tried. Hell, the hk416 is only like 200k I could make that in one day if all I did was mine for 3 hours or trash pick/pk
Old 12-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
Yeah, but always bought the best guns and still sucked, so that doesn't really matter.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
yeah that one gun that was auctioned off last night went for 5 mil. ish said it was honestly worth 300k (said it was an sg552 that fired straight and a ravson5 with more explosive ammo) or so. people gonna go crazy tho cuz it is "rare." no way is any gun worth 5 mil.

ares rifle is selling for like 5 mil or more now. over the summer iy was being sold for around 1 mil.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
Over the summer people weren't making a million in a few days.
All old prices have gone out the window, anything previously priced is now wrong. Unless there's some NPC cap for purchasing something obviously.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
yeah that one gun that was auctioned off last night went for 5 mil. ish said it was honestly worth 300k (said it was an sg552 that fired straight and a ravson5 with more explosive ammo) or so. people gonna go crazy tho cuz it is "rare." no way is any gun worth 5 mil.

ares rifle is selling for like 5 mil or more now. over the summer iy was being sold for around 1 mil.
yeah thats a perfect example rich people fighting vs other rich that are on buying it to horde it obviously will keep till he gets a good offer from another richie that gives him good profits.

thats the only thing rares do and most games tend to lead to focus on that a never ending cycle. oh yay new rare till people well not people but the "olbies" get bored.

since just like real like the rich olbies and rich addicts have a lot of the era version of "political power" note how earlier godzilla replied to the attack on his riches.

he said he would quit if he was reset this is one of the plutonomy bulls flaunting his influence over era. just like in real life the rich count as special people when it comes to political choices in governments.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post

Pure insanity at the auction; whoever bid either had so much money they didn't care.. or they didn't check the gun stats before buying it.

Ares rifle is probably the only anomaly I can think of, it is very rare (only 5-6 of them) and is also the best single gun on Era.