Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
- Raiding increases (It has to, people got kills and money to get)
- The trading market becomes a lot more interesting!!
- We will sustain a higher playercount for longer periods of time people need to stay online and work towards getting themselves back on their feet.
- Activity in events will triple because people need EC's. (This also gives us a chance to give EC items some value)
- Sparing increases.. People for sparing stats/all time champ/top 10 all time to work on
- It gives us a chance to make businesses NPC owned without upsetting any people!
- Making money systems will be used, we can introduce some new ones.
- Start adding some cool quests

The list goes on!! And all of the above is what makes era!?
For how long though..? This isn't permanent either it's just another option; and the negatives outweigh the positive.. being that this is the only way we can effectively 'Kill' Era.

Will people really re-mine/pick/boquet their levels?
Will everyone try to get their HP levels back and deal with dying in 4 hits for an extended time? Or fighting the no-life guys who got navies when they login 2 weeks late?
The rich will stay rich; real-money potions will remain and the gap won't go away. It will only widen based on the activity of players and discourage those who can't dedicate 24/7 like they did years ago to earn their wealth.

Raiding will surely decrease until everyone achieves their current/relative level of wealth and items. I wouldn't raid until I had all my hot-keys filled; and that would never happen :c.
Event activity would behave similar to gang activity; most players can't dedicate the time... so their first X log-ins will be spent catching up.
We can make businesses NPC owned at any time; it takes the same amount of work with or without a owner present.
Trading will always be presistant; I honestly believe it would be reduced though because players won't have rares/special items/hats/etc. which are the main trading commodities. Guns are at a set price and their street-market is non-existant.
We can add quests now.
We're working on a new spar rating system now.

You gotta see both sides of the coin; our player base is finicky.

What I can agree with; and is the main point of a reset would be your last line:
Quote:
- Gives everybody the chance to be on the same level to start and build their wealth
In theory -- yes, but I don't think it will. Already talked about potions/gelat items. But this isn't like a D2 ladder reset; we don't have every active player aware and able to login instantly and race toward the goal... it is sporadic/random activity and will ultimately result in the same issues we face now (unless we do a ton of huge updates prior, and I don't suppose You or Gabe would be creating them, but this still isn't guaranteed).

Overall; the idea is there... not denying that, I've advocated it in the past.
But the risk+work required doesn't equate to the reward when we're getting ~100 player count daily. It doesn't get much better than what we have now.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:28 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Just did a mass message survey to get an idea of how many people would dip out if the server reset
~90 players online
~10 RCs
~20 afk/idling
so roughly 60 active players
over 20 told me they would quit if the server reset

I will not support a reset until you tell me how you're going to supplement the loss of those players or even how you're going to get new players at all.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Will people really re-mine/pick/boquet their levels?
Yes, they have to. Everything is up for grabs. If they don't they lose out and somebody else becomes more advanced than them.
Quote:
Will everyone try to get their HP levels back and deal with dying in 4 hits for an extended time? Or fighting the no-life guys who got navies when they login 2 weeks late?
Yes. ^

Quote:
Raiding will surely decrease until everyone achieves their current/relative level of wealth and items. I wouldn't raid until I had all my hot-keys filled; and that would never happen :c.
I disagree. I have started on era many times all over again with NOTHING. I worked my way back up many times and so has a lot of other people. Not to mention that i still don't have ever hotkey filled and i have the upgrade. All i have is one gun. Doesn't stop me raiding? Also without blowing my own trumpet i am very successful at it to.

Quote:
Event activity would behave similar to gang activity; most players can't dedicate the time... so their first X log-ins will be spent catching up
So? At least the activity is still somewhere else on the server? people will be doing SOMETHING rather than sitting at unstick doing NOTHING.

Quote:
~100 player count daily.
100 wouldn't be anywhere near the average of what we get on a daily basis. It would be around the 60-70 mark. We reach 100 the odd times but it never lasts NEVER.

I honestly believe a reset will increase eras activity than it currently is now. It gives us all something new to do, something to work on when we log on. We have OPTIONS of what we want to do the moment we log on. When you log on now we only have so many options. We got money, we got guns, we got everything. All we do is spar, event, raid log. You reset, that list expands.

@Booger, They will not quit though. They instantly think "i lose everything" "whats the point". The moment it resets and they see everybody in the same position it all starts to make sense. Era will become a goldmine, everything is up for grabs. All you have to do is go get it.

Everything becomes exciting, interesting.. It'll be like a whole new game.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:12 PM
You know when you ask people how they'll react then you tell them that's not how they're going to react that you have a very solid argument.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooger View Post
You know when you ask people how they'll react then you tell them that's not how they're going to react that you have a very solid argument.
Please reword this. I can not quite make sense of it what you're trying to say.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:36 PM
I asked people what they would do if the server reset and they said they would quit. You say that they wouldn't. Who is the authority on their actions, you or them?
Old 12-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooger View Post
I asked people what they would do if the server reset and they said they would quit. You say that they wouldn't. Who is the authority on their actions, you or them?
Lol what. Did i say i do not allow them to quit? No i didn't. So this makes no sense whatsoever? I'm talking out of opinion context and you know i am. Quit being toxic and start making sense.

Nobody truly quits era. It's a community, friendships and a lot more. They hide behind the threat that they'll quit but they wont. They'll still play. We know this.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Nah, if this **** resets, you can global ban me, i'm not playing that new ****.

A reset literally will do nothing but damage the stability we have now, why kick the game while it is down?

We still have a LOT of things to get through before we should even CONSIDER resetting.

I feel like a reset should be for one thing; professionalism. We don't have that yet, nor have we sorted out every unprofessional looking thing on Era; Multiple GUIs, a billion chat commands, every scrub game that takes 10 minutes to make has the same qualities as Era, some probably better, start making this **** look like it actually has been around for 10 years.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Nah, if this **** resets, you can global ban me, i'm not playing that new ****.

A reset literally will do nothing but damage the stability we have now, why kick the game while it is down?

We still have a LOT of things to get through before we should even CONSIDER resetting.

I feel like a reset should be for one thing; professionalism. We don't have that yet, nor have we sorted out every unprofessional looking thing on Era; Multiple GUIs, a billion chat commands, every scrub game that takes 10 minutes to make has the same qualities as Era, some probably better, start making this **** look like it actually has been around for 10 years.
Can you make a post without swearing every second? Since i've been back i have not seen you in any gang events nor raids. Actually maybe once or twice in raids but that's it. You hardly play as it is, so what is the huge problem here for you?

We should reset the server for professionalism? What? All the things you said can still be done after a reset? This is a 2D game you aren't going to get 1080p top end graphics. This game will always look like ****.

-----
Back to what i was saying earlier about it increasing activity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
I don't know where people get these facts from that resets would cause the playercount go down. In actuality playercount always goes UP when there is a reset. The reason for this is because new people from different servers would give the server a chance since everyone is on equal footing once again. Also, all the players would want to be the richest, own a business, have the best guns, be the best in general, and etc. Which also causes activity to rise. The saying that a reset would make the playercount drop, in my opinion, is a joke.
A guy who sees sense.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
Reset FTL theres no need or want except by a select few.

The majority has spoken.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:25 PM
It's hilarious it wasn't so long ago the same people begged for a reset. The moment we get a chance to do it they don't do it because of a few changes that some people like at the minute on era.

Era is still dying weather you like it or not. You can already see the decrease in raiding since it's been released.. Slowly but surely we will be back to the "we want a reset" times.

Over & out.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:06 AM
Banned
bradigger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bradigger Send a message via MSN to bradigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime_O_Matic View Post
Hear me out people.

There's no clear plan to what kind of things the staff would do in the case of a reset. So there's no way this reset would happen suddenly.

With the recent spike of new players, it is the perfect moment to engage a "Everyone gets everything stage". Everyone can use any weapon, use any hat, try all items, etc. This experiment phase will allow ALL players to be rich and try out the items they would pursue after a reset. New players would be at a fair playing field, meaning more new players would give it a chance. For the next month, have staff work hard on balancing of the economy.

Sure people who built up their wealth will be upset at first, it likely took them years to build up the wealth. But building up wealth IS part of the game now, and I'm sure everyone will have fun doing it again.

I've noticed many posts saying, "We needed one in the past but now is not a good time". Do you know how long people have been crying for a reset? It's the best time because staff can actually do it! It's with the risk, raiding has already almost died again once 2x point week ended. This activity will not be long lived, as much as we all want it to.

The only people who are COMPLETELY against it are people who didn't achieve their wealth in a fair way. Cheaters - Afraid they won't be able to cheat it again. USDers - Paying real money for items that got reset. Things like that.

Nows the time. Do it up.
I don't consider betflipping to be cheating. Do you?
Old 12-08-2014, 12:08 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
I'll try to be as blunt without using cuss words so that you can understand the seriousness that this post has.

A reset at the current point in time has more downs than ups. I don't see the reasoning in a reset, you act as if a reset will be the cure of all of our issues, a reset will put us in the same position we are in regardless, where is the "light at the end of the tunnel" that you speak of? I don't see it, nor does anyone else.

In all seriousness though, this thread is just plain dumb. I mean, no disrespect but you really need to play to understand that Era doesn't need a reset.

If you want to be the richest, you can literally mine for a total of 100 hours and become the richest in cash. If you mined for 100 hours before hand, you would have maybe scraped enough for an Mp5 Navy off the walls of the cave.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:30 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Didn't read the whole read because of the lack of tldr; but I do not think a reset will solve any problems. Sure it will make it fun for a while, but without proper balancing and implementation of prices, systems and money sinks, I believe we will be back to the same point we are now in no time at all.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:44 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Didn't read the whole read because of the lack of tldr; but I do not think a reset will solve any problems. Sure it will make it fun for a while, but without proper balancing and implementation of prices, systems and money sinks, I believe we will be back to the same point we are now in no time at all.
this x100. which is why I think it would be a waste of time.