Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
really not seeing it sinkler. just doesn't make sense. you talk about a wealth gap and there being super rich people, but like shrimps said, there will always be a wealth gap. some players play more than others and know how to make that paper. a reset would be pointless because it would eventually come back to the way era currently is. you would just be making people spend hours doing what they have already done before. that's just wasting people's time.

you're like that dude from batman begins that wants to cleanse gotham city. batman disagreed with that guy. we are all disagreeing with you. we all batmans.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:56 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Gabe you're honestly just making up theories to support your idea. It would have worked a year or 6 months ago but things are fine now. Get more players (new players) instead of trying to make all of the current players quit by reseting.

If you think that some people are 'too rich' then you really don't understand the point of the game. At least 5 people have come on here and said that MAKING MONEY AND GETTING A GOOD GUN IS EASY
You won't make new players better by resetting, and I know for a fact that many players in other countries don't play a lot because the actual host is not good enough to support international connections. If graal put resources into upgrading the servers and prettying things up a bit (like godzilla stated) then maybe we would get NEW players instead of trying to 'fix' the game for all of our OLD players (who will just quit if you reset because lets be real i only play this to look at my cute pink hats)

Edit: possibly the biggest source of your 'wealth gap' is the betflipping system that can make one player twice as rich and the other one quit. Also, a lot of these old players only get a thrill out of grabbing some npc saying heads or tails 5 times in a row then quitting if they lose, or buying mad amouns of gelats to legally usd their way back into the game (shoutout to young kareem the boy). If you're a noob and don't give a ****, you'll just get frustrated, delete your graal folder, and never hear the word graal again in your life and be happy.

Last edited by ooger; 12-07-2014 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: added in betflipping
Old 12-07-2014, 05:00 PM
this boggles my mind. why make this suggestion now when era is doing fine? where was this months ago? it's a straight up bad time to bring it up. era is doing fine now guys, but let's reset it because it still feels dirty.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:03 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
It may be wise to put this idea on pause for the moment. The server is doing fine for now. A lot of people have brought up good points. It's not going to be fair for those who have spent hundreds of dollars in real money over the years. I look at it as a slap in the face for those who have used the potions to make money. A reset isn't going to be an over night process though. Most of you have expressed a reset would be a bad idea. I say, disregard us staff for now. Lastly there is not an official reset date, and there may never be (please stop asking me in game for a date, lol).
Old 12-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooger View Post
Gabe you're honestly just making up theories to support your idea. It would have worked a year or 6 months ago but things are fine now. Get more players (new players) instead of trying to make all of the current players quit by reseting.

If you think that some people are 'too rich' then you really don't understand the point of the game. At least 5 people have come on here and said that MAKING MONEY AND GETTING A GOOD GUN IS EASY
You won't make new players better by resetting, and I know for a fact that many players in other countries don't play a lot because the actual host is not good enough to support international connections. If graal put resources into upgrading the servers and prettying things up a bit (like godzilla stated) then maybe we would get NEW players instead of trying to 'fix' the game for all of our OLD players (who will just quit if you reset because lets be real i only play this to look at my cute pink hats)

Edit: possibly the biggest source of your 'wealth gap' is the betflipping system that can make one player twice as rich and the other one quit. Also, a lot of these old players only get a thrill out of grabbing some npc saying heads or tails 5 times in a row then quitting if they lose, or buying mad amouns of gelats to legally usd their way back into the game (shoutout to young kareem the boy). If you're a noob and don't give a ****, you'll just get frustrated, delete your graal folder, and never hear the word graal again in your life and be happy.
this. graal is laggy for a lot of people, even people that have a good pc and good connection. can we fix this? you can't even change your e-mail address on the website (even tho the option is there). can we fix that, please?

ERROR WHILE PROCESSING SUBMISSION:
Email Changer service is currently not available. Please check back later.

it's been like that for over a year or something.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
I definitely think we should not do this now, but I think we need to keep this in mind for when the playercount begins to decline (which I anticipate as the market becomes more and more saturated).

Thanks for a good discussion.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 12-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
So the jist of this whole convo was

the majority do not want a reset, the most active players, the developers, and admins do not want a reset.

the minority does.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Forcing a caste system onto a game just makes the same 70 people that were successful keep playing and all the nerd noobs either quit or just become complacent with being poor and last like 1 year or become of the elite (like michael7lmfao who scammed, usded, csted, and abused the power of his staff friends to get to the top)

'Market saturation' is a ****ing GOOD THING
it means we all have good guns so then the game can be about BALANCING not about NOLIFING
it's a game not a society we don't have to have poor people to have fun you brs.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:16 PM
And the idea of making money even EASIER to collect will just lead this game into a cycle of resets.

Ive made 2.2 million in 2 weeks of playing this game.

Now imagine, we buff the money making process some more as your point says,
which is one of your reasons why we reset because everyone has so much money.

Now with a even more buffed system, youre just leading a server into a cycle of resets with that mentality. Once the accumulated wealth of era gets to a point where "its too much like now" then your plan is to just keep resetting the server?

-december 25 2001 first graal account. one of Era's oldest oldbies.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:17 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
So this is not true for a few reasons:

1) The wealth is still centered around those who were able to get access to weapons unfairly (we have all agreed that the previous staff administrations have been rather corrupt when it comes to permitting duping/spawning). In addition, wealth is centering around those who own player-businesses, which in my opinion should be eliminated. You keep reiterating that the wealth gap has been filled - NPC data has shown this to not be true, in fact, the gap is increasing.

2) The convergence to market saturation will not push for an efficient secondary market. In fact, once the market is saturated and everyone has the gun they desire, the game loses its secondary market. With my model, we'll be able to allow for the constant change of weapons (with effective price controls and qoutas) and make the secondary market a great aspect of the game. Right now, you can but any weapon and that's fun, but with my new system, high-tiered weapons will randomly be available weekly. This means that there is:

a) incentive to accumulate money (so, PK, work, etc...) in order to get those top tier weapons when they appear (which is randomized). This randomized model allows for their to be temporary rarity which means prices can fluctuate on the secondary market based upon quantity. I think this price fluctuation adds a more interesting dynamic to Era than the current ability to purchase every gun.

b) trade more goods in the secondary market to attain a higher-level good. This makes Era not only a PK/gang based server, but also an economic game.

You are right that I am giving a temporary advantage to players who have the capital to purchase these low-quantity, high-tiered goods, but due to the fact that the players are aware that that item will occur in some random time in the future, it forces the player who wishes to sell to act as imperfect monopolist - the player won't be able to set absurd prices because of the information the players have.

with having random strong weapons pop out only allowing the richest to buy it just to resell it later on, you are only catering to the rich only. the rich players are not contributing to anyone but themselves and their frinds/gang. they make bank off it so no need to waste time on low level players. you need a shop so even low invome players can buy cheap weapons off people and resell for profits while still helping otehr people by getting weapon cheaper then shops.

if anything the random weapon should be in a chance event or a PK event of some sort something big not just for rich players. ( after the event is over the rich players can pm and bid for that items if owner wants to sell instead of always the same damn players getting the items)

if you just had a shop with every weapon available the players with money will also be the weapon suppliers to not only high levels but low levels dealers as well. some would specialize in low level items while other high level items.

also the player shops dont acutally need an owner i think the jobs should stay but the money generated (profits) go to the lottery and or special events.

you cant get rid of rich players but change their means of profits and how it impacts the players in this case they are cheap weapon supplyers taking over the NPC shops.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:22 PM
What it really seems to me is people who dont play this server assume that its broken
and form opinions without actually puttin in the time to properly form them.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorchizcool View Post
What it really seems to me is people who dont play this server assume that its broken
and form opinions without actually puttin in the time to properly form them.
Pm if nob
Old 12-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorchizcool View Post
So the jist of this whole convo was
All I got was:
Gabriel didn't do **** when he had the chance to, and now he's trying to influence a form of control after we succeeded solely because he got out of our way.

The whole community (from froggy, to godzilla and beyond) came to the same conclusion on this thread, and I believe that's the first time ever; it's pretty simple honestly. All this discussion brought was more work and annoyance upon us active staff who have to deal with the player-base (because you were staff-massing it all night). Thanks for the 'help improving the server' m8.

Last edited by Supaman771; 12-07-2014 at 06:07 PM..
Old 12-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

I think a lot of people are getting ahead of themselves. Is era excessively getting better? You have to seriously ask yourselves that question. Yes new content was added and it has increased activity however, does it ever last? No it doesn't.

We have all craved for a reset and the moment we get the opportunity we back away from it. Why? We have a chance for a fresh start, why not take it? We all know this wasn't a permanent fix! Do you think by giving people a lot of money and making a few changes by adding maps for gangs to fight in is worth more than having a reset and having the chance to put a lot of things right?

You're going to get so much more from a reset than doing what we are doing right now. With a reset we all get a fresh start.

- Raiding increases (It has to, people got kills and money to get)
- The trading market becomes a lot more interesting!!
- We will sustain a higher playercount for longer periods of time people need to stay online and work towards getting themselves back on their feet.
- Activity in events will triple because people need EC's. (This also gives us a chance to give EC items some value)
- Sparing increases.. People for sparing stats/all time champ/top 10 all time to work on
- It gives us a chance to make businesses NPC owned without upsetting any people!
- Making money systems will be used, we can introduce some new ones.
- Start adding some cool quests
- Gives everybody the chance to be on the same level to start and build their wealth

The list goes on!! And all of the above is what makes era!?

Also remember the most IMPORTANT thing here. These changes are tiptop for years the current alteration that you guys are now happy about only last weeks a month or two at the most. You see the scale here?

Resetting era has a lot more to offer than NOT resetting. I think a lot of people are scared of the word reset because they're now getting a lot of money from the recent changes and don't want to lose what they've never had before. I believe people are being selfish and do not want a reset because they will lose out on what they have rather on thinking what era will gain with a reset.

I have read through this thread and the reasons for not resetting just don't seem viable enough to me. You guys have entreat for a reset for years this is the perfect time to begin the progression. It looks like a step back to some people but this is two steps forward in my eyes. We have a "successful" manager so why not reset when we have good management and let's get the ball rolling here.

I am totally 110% for a reset. We have a massive opportunity here to do what we always wanted. We have a chance to increase everything that we all desire let's grab it while we have the chance.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:12 PM
if we reset because their is "too much money in the server" give it 4 weeks after a reset and there will be the EXACT same amount of money on the server. why?

because it is FOR A FACT extremely easy to make money on this game now, which is why our playercount rose.

were already at a balanced state since anyone can now afford the high tier guns with very little work.

the wealth gap is the same but instead of
noob 100k, rich guy 1 mill
its noob 1mill, rich guy 10mill

ill take a noob with 1 mill over a noob with 100k anyday.
and id rather not risk driving off players for a multitude of reasons just because the minority want a reset.

our current staff are doing a WONDERFUL JOB at making this game fun to play, including planning out constant releases to keep us wanting more. THE IDEA that people are going to get bored in a few months cuz we'll all be super rich and afford all the guns is illogical with the direction they are going towards which is NEW CONTENT ALL THE TIME.