Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 02:12 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
The other day I walked into a building and didn't know if it was a pk zone or not...I was so scared.

Also, I would honestly prefer it to be about half of it's current size. I know most people are fine with it the way it is, but is there any way you could add sizing options? The information on the old HUD was much smaller.
I guess I don't understand the issue; it's ~40 pixels tall and no more than a few hundred pixels wide, depending on the situation. How small is your screen?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:42 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I guess I don't understand the issue; it's ~40 pixels tall and no more than a few hundred pixels wide, depending on the situation. How small is your screen?
It's not really an issue, I just think it would look better (to me) if it were smaller. I like to make all text/ui components as small as possible (my font is Arial 10 or 11).

With the old HUD, I hid everything except for the HP and ammo so it was only about 100x30 pixels.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:13 AM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
Anybody want to share a picture of their screen? I want to see what the HUD looks like!
Old 06-23-2012, 03:22 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre2006 View Post
Anybody want to share a picture of their screen? I want to see what the HUD looks like!
Look at the first post in the thread
Old 06-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Putting more work in, good job, Chris.

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 06-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Do you think I have some ultimate plot to screw over Era's petty little things like this by undermining the players and trying to sway Chris' opinion? Get a grip.

My point is that important data like that can be conveyed in an accessible way while not making it a part of the gameplay HUD.

Like I said, lag is important in EVERY online game, especially any competitive one. To act as though Era needs the information more than other online games is silly. You can't play the same with 4 bars as you would with 3 because you can't win a confrontation where you don't have the first chance(aka someone with 4 bars can run and gun, someone with 2-3 bars will need to flank and surprise).

To act as though Era is the only game online where ping is so important it needs to be larger than your actual health in your hud is silly.

it's too bad era's connection isn't even close to being as good as cod (i realise the host system is different, but the connection is still better). on cod u can easily find matched under 50ping for any gametype and at any time of the day, on era a large part of ther playerbase can't go under 150ms even if they buy the best internet on the market
Old 06-27-2012, 03:25 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Doesn't look half bad, Chris.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
It's not really an issue, I just think it would look better (to me) if it were smaller. I like to make all text/ui components as small as possible (my font is Arial 10 or 11).

With the old HUD, I hid everything except for the HP and ammo so it was only about 100x30 pixels.
I'm with Sales. It's big and clunky looking, regardless of how high your resolution is.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
It's not that bad, I don't know what you guys are talking about, if anything it needs to be larger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HUD.png
Views:	112
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	54890  

Last edited by shrimps; 06-27-2012 at 10:35 PM..
Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
It's not that bad, I don't know what you guys are talking about, if anything it needs to be larger.
youre kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I find it a bit odd that ping is the largest portion of the HUD over all the other information. I know it comes down to character space and such but that's still a very odd thing since when it comes to HUDs that sort of visual information(size) is important.

maybe more suggestive when using colors (green = below 100, yellow = below 100-500, red > 500

Old 06-27-2012, 10:46 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I kid you not sir.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Graal stretched over dual monitors lol. I did it when I got my second monitor.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
Yeah, it sucks it only loads like 3 levels at a time then it's black with the NPC images.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:12 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Yeah, it sucks it only loads like 3 levels at a time then it's black with the NPC images.
Only the level you are in and the surrounding eight are loaded when on a GMAP. So, no huge resolutions for you
Old 06-28-2012, 12:24 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
Yeah, but I'd need 2 more monitors on top or a 48" monitor to see wider than 1 level height.